Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the absolute worst combo that Port could be wearing. They should be in the silver, but even all black would be better than this. White shorts? Wtf? Why?

This is the sort of anti logic that inspired the thread. You'd almost swear it was intentional.
Should be in silver because black and royal blue are a clash?
Agree white shorts unnecessary vs royal kits though.

North has a predominantly white strip. Port has a predominately black strip.
Let’s put north in dark blue and white and port in black and white with white shorts
/drunk.

Let’s put north in dark blue and white and port in black and white with white shorts
/drunk.
North has a predominantly blue strip tonight.

/drunk.

It’s a North ‘home’ game at Metricon stadium and we still think Port as the away team should wear white shorts. Extraordinary areas.

There are some games where the away team doesn’t wear white shorts, so we as an industry do actually know how to avoid this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have got to get rid of the half white half black back (I'm not even calling it a number panel) it is just a visual mess.
The full black one looked a million times better.
I completely agree. I don't know why Port and their fans are so wedded to the idea of having a number panel. It's not exactly much of a design element, it's not necessary and looks messy.

I completely agree. I don't know why Port and their fans are so wedded to the idea of having a number panel. It's not exactly much of a design element, it's not necessary and looks messy.

ItS fRoM dA pRiSoN bARs tRaDiTiOn HIsTOrY

I hated Hawthorn's number panel they had around 2012 - Hate the Port number panel too

The thing I really don't understand about Port's jumpers at the moment is that the chevrons with all black back is mint

The white version was great and the teal version they had for two ( ? ) seasons is way better than the silver mess

They have the opportunity to have a fantastic set of Home / Away / Clash jumpers that are uniform and embody their AFL identity

But they have that constant eye on their SANFL past which, quite frankly, just messes it up

Magpies are dead, it is what it is - That was the cost for their AFL entry - I would have given up Norwood's SANFL identity if it meant they were in the national league -

It’s hardly a clash, but tonight’s game is just ugly

You’ve got the home team in their light jumper with dark shorts and the away team wearing their dark away jumper with white shorts yet the only white in either team is the home teams jumper

Also fail to understand the demons jumper, it’s not designed to avoid clashes given it’s the same colours as their home!

It’s hardly a clash, but tonight’s game is just ugly

You’ve got the home team in their light jumper with dark shorts and the away team wearing their dark away jumper with white shorts yet the only white in either team is the home teams jumper

Also fail to understand the demons jumper, it’s not designed to avoid clashes given it’s the same colours as their home!
Against a mainly light jumper how is a nearly totally navy jumper *not* avoiding a clash?

Most of the time it didnt phase me

But if you were in the grand stand far from the action (ie. where they sat the whole crowd) or the camera did a wide shot (quite a few times) there is a clash.

Get GWS on an angle and you see predominately charcoal with a big white blob where the G is
While Melbourne was navy with a white blob where their shorts are.

No where near GWS-Sydney or Carlton-Collingwood levels of eyesore but it was frustrating

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back