Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean there is a finite number of possible scenarios (306 by my count) surely the AFL can go through each possible kit combination and come up with something that works for each one.
The first thing to consider is the home team wears their primary jumper, then work everything else out from there.
Carlton are never going to wear White in 12/17 clashes.

I mean there is a finite number of possible scenarios (306 by my count) surely the AFL can go through each possible kit combination and come up with something that works for each one.
The first thing to consider is the home team wears thier primary jumper, then work everything else out from there.
Say on average 2 minutes per combo to really nail things down. Basically one person from the AFL could sort the whole fiasco out forever in one day.

Agreed, like some clubs have a ‘clash strip’ in one colour then tradition dictates a different coloured number panel causing issues from behind...
I also think people forget about the sides as well. People look at the nice front and back images and think there is no issue. But we have had a few clubs in a white/light strip but a dark section down the side (I think Carlton did this white and navy?). Then in game against say Collingwood you still have players bunched up with dark and light vertical stripes
Carlton clash.jpg

Premier league teams suck it up and wear totally different colours as clash strip. Use it as an opportunity to sell more merch.
AFL attempts at clash strips are juvenile and inevitably lead to confusion occasionally with the colours chosen by the umpires adding to the confusion.
Make teams wear really different strips so they contrast and stop these endless arguments about white shorts etc.

Agreed, like some clubs have a ‘clash strip’ in one colour then tradition dictates a different coloured number panel causing issues from behind...

one in all in rule

I don't think I provided any exemptions did I?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the president of the away team he should have made sure they have a guernsey that will resolve the debarcle.
The two-stripe suspenders jumper from a few years back, for example.
Their dark Guernsey is fine. After that it just makes sense for them to be in Dark shorts.

No they don't. There has been no clash between these teams for the past 15 years, why are Geelong all of a sudden precious about shorts colour?
Geelong are using the lack of a decent shorts policy to piss Collingwood off and in turn make all 3 parties look like incompetent w***ers

I think it's high time we realise Collingwood won't sort it out and need to take the only reasonable action available. They wear whatever Newcastle United put up as their second kit that season, in other words a proper contrast for black and white stripes. Pies can wear this for the next 12 months as the away team:
JlYeJjC.png

collingwood in predominantly black (home jumper), black shorts, black socks
geelong in predominantly white jumper, blue shorts, white socks (or at worst hoop socks)

that will be better than last year's shitstorm, but not the perfect outcome (which is geelong in white shorts)

FMD, what a trivial, pathetic shitfight. Billion dollar industry and egomaniac bogans arguing over shorts colour.
Simple, the way its down around the world. Home or higher ranked team decides. Opponent respectfully makes alternate arrangement. You don’t see Man Utd turn up to Liverpool wearing their home strip etc because “we’re the famous Manchester United blah blah”.

You don’t see Man Utd turn up to Liverpool wearing their home strip etc because “we’re the famous Manchester United blah blah”.
Perhaps because the EPL system including the lower 3 Divisions consists of 92 clubs. There are over 900 clubs across Europe which could be possible opponents in Champions League. Of course 2nd and 3rd strips are needed.

The AFL has 18 teams. Why do people keep wanting to compare the two?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back