Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

No they don't. There has been no clash between these teams for the past 15 years, why are Geelong all of a sudden precious about shorts colour?
Problem would be solved if Collingwood just wore red or pink shorts since there’s no reason to be precious about it.

fwiw, collingwoods white top, black shorts is one of my all time favourite looks.

Perhaps because the EPL system including the lower 3 Divisions consists of 92 clubs. There are over 900 clubs across Europe which could be possible opponents in Champions League. Of course 2nd and 3rd strips are needed.

The AFL has 18 teams. Why do people keep wanting to compare the two?

Within those 18 there’s clashes.

There could be only 2 teams. If their strips clashed, it’d still be an issue that needed addressing.

its time collingwood and eddie pulled there heads in and got a proper clash strip.
The higher ranked team wears almost what it likes and it should be up to the lower ranked team to wear a away or clash (if theres a slight clash with home v away)
It shouldnt be left like it is where a sort of clash is an acceptable outcome because one club refuses to make a proper away or clash jumper.
On tv it always looks shocking, especially to a neutral supporter, when geelong and collingwood play

Coolingwood need an all black jumper with tiny stripes. Just do it you campaigners.
Like this?

images

No they don't. There has been no clash between these teams for the past 15 years, why are Geelong all of a sudden precious about shorts colour?
You missed the first part.
"And if Geelong are allowed in dark shorts then..."
IF they are allowed to wear navy shorts with the white top THEN Collingwood need a kit that is neither majority black or white, to contrast with both the white tops and the navy shorts.
Not saying they SHOULD be allowed to but IF they were.
My full post has a very different meaning to only half of it.

Perhaps because the EPL system including the lower 3 Divisions consists of 92 clubs. There are over 900 clubs across Europe which could be possible opponents in Champions League. Of course 2nd and 3rd strips are needed.

The AFL has 18 teams. Why do people keep wanting to compare the two?

Clashes exist. Doesn't matter if it's 18 clubs or 18,000. There are 11 main colours in the world. 2 of which no club uses (pink and green). Grey is only used in a alternate strip. Which means 18 clubs share 8 main colours in their home strips. 6 use blue. 5 use black. 9 use white. 6 use yellow. 7 use red and so on. This is why clashes exist numbnuts.

Not a clash, but I can't see why Port Adelaide couldn't have had an all-black back and white number when they played Geelong teh other night

Yep, their number panel is stupid and causes problems but apparently everyone else should be avoiding it, even when they’re the away team...

fwiw, collingwoods white top, black shorts is one of my all time favourite looks.

It still looks magnificent. But we shouldn't really wear it unless it's against teams with absolutely no clash whatsoever. Probably only Gold Coast, West Coast and maybe Sydney. Keep it as the black jumper/black shorts or white jumper/white shorts for basically everyone else.

*The Pies twitter account has confirmed we're wearing the black jumper / black shorts combo.

You missed the first part.
"And if Geelong are allowed in dark shorts then..."
IF they are allowed to wear navy shorts with the white top THEN Collingwood need a kit that is neither majority black or white, to contrast with both the white tops and the navy shorts.
Not saying they SHOULD be allowed to but IF they were.
My full post has a very different meaning to only half of it.

No it’s simple, teams have a light kit and dark kit, if you wear your light kit at home you wear white or light coloured shorts, not dark shorts. You want to wear your dark kit away against a light club then you wear your dark shorts.

Geelongs home kit should be white shorts. Which they do 90% of the time. It’s only when they want to sook about something they don’t.

Collingwood’s away jumper with black shorts is an awesome look, but you don’t see it because it would create unnecessary clashes

If teams just use common sense it can all be avoided. Collingwood wear their away jumper against Carlton so they can wear their traditional jumper, doesn’t matter who’s home or away.

The quicker people get out of the stupid dark home, light away mentality the better everything will be

No it’s simple, teams have a light kit and dark kit, if you wear your light kit at home you wear white or light coloured shorts, not dark shorts. You want to wear your dark kit away against a light club then you wear your dark shorts.

Geelongs home kit should be white shorts. Which they do 90% of the time. It’s only when they want to sook about something they don’t.

Collingwood’s away jumper with black shorts is an awesome look, but you don’t see it because it would create unnecessary clashes

If teams just use common sense it can all be avoided. Collingwood wear their away jumper against Carlton so they can wear their traditional jumper, doesn’t matter who’s home or away.

The quicker people get out of the stupid dark home, light away mentality the better everything will be
I get that. I even bloody agreed with that.
I said IF.
IF they are allowed to, THEN...
I even said that I didn't think it should happen.
But IF, then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Geelong's main colour is WHITE. So we wear our dark strip against them.

exactly so it isnt a proper clash strip. they need something, like every club has, out of the ordinary, break in case of emergency strip. one that eddie has refused to do all these years.

ess all red, port silver, rich all yellow etc etc etc! its not hard. and they shouldnt just be able to refuse to do it anymore

they need something, like every club has, out of the ordinary, break in case of emergency strip. one that eddie has refused to do all these years.

1602050165089.png

Like this maybe? Of course Eddie wouldn't allow this, it was worn in olden days under the presidency of {checks notes} Eddie McGuire.

Last edited:
exactly so it isnt a proper clash strip. they need something, like every club has, out of the ordinary, break in case of emergency strip. one that eddie has refused to do all these years.

ess all red, port silver, rich all yellow etc etc etc! its not hard. and they shouldnt just be able to refuse to do it anymore

No it does work, unless a club decides to crack the shits about playing at a 100k seat stadium instead of their shitty little 30k seat dump for a massive final.

Geelong would create the exact same issues against Port or Essendon or Carlton or Freo or any dark team if they did the same thing but they usually don’t, their jumper is white so white shorts. It’s not that ****ing hard!

But I understand why you can’t see it given Port wear a dark jumper but insist on a white back...

View attachment 979629

Like this maybe? Of course Eddie wouldn't allow this, it was worn in olden days under the presidency of {checks notes} Eddie McGuire.
even if they wore this with white shorts it would be an eyesore against geelong with blue shorts.
geelong (and the whole league) need to get over white being a wussy colour, a colour of surrender, and scrap the old white shorts away policy once and for all

Eddie's latest whinge about the Geelong jumper is absurd beyond belief. Of course, Geelong should wear the complete "home" strip relegating Collingwood to it's "away" gear. Here's a tip Eddie, finish higher than 8th and you might have some clout. Collingwood's only obligation and right this week is to turn up and play! There is no argument on this.

This is ridiculous. Short colours need to reflect the majority colour of the guernsey to reduce clashes and help with contrasting colours. Geelong should always wear white shorts unless they are wearing their clash guernsey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back