Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Even their main clash strip - predominantly navy with a yellow crow outline - would be far better and make for a completely fine match against Essendon.

1721452596697.png

Do you mean this one? NO. Just No. I'm not sure where you get the idea that navy blue & black provide good differentiation. You say Ess v Carl is fine - it would be so, so much better with Ess in red or Carl in white. Ess's red sash is simply not prominent enough from a distance.

If it's a Sydney v Brisbane GF, with the Swans as the higher ranked team, would we see the teams in the kits they are wearing today, or would we see the Swans with red backs and the Lions in yellow?

If it's a Sydney v Brisbane GF, with the Swans as the higher ranked team, would we see the teams in the kits they are wearing today, or would we see the Swans with red backs and the Lions in yellow?
Both teams would likely wear their full home kits, they have as recently as a game in 2022 at the SCG. When we play Sydney in away games we usually wear our home kit.

I dont get it.

Clubs are happy to do an Indigenous top, but to have a clash jumper....

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!

What is the bloody difference? Heck, clubs are happy to sell a box for a sponsor, which can be a completely different colour altogether.

The Crows, for example, should use the yellow clash they had for years on Friday. They should also have a red top for other clashes(If they want). They have 3 colours. Easy.

Every club in the AFL has 2 colours(or even better, 3). Most of the time, the reverse will work(ala Collingwood). It is very bloody rare that you have to differ from that template.
I hate our current away strip for its purpose.

It's a beautiful strip, and perfect to hang in a pool room or man cave.

But it's 3 distinctively different colours on the front which in one way or another, clashes with 15 (arguably 16) of the 17 opposition teams.

I agree the away needs to be yellow and/or red. And I believe that if we have a 3rd strip, it needs to be the other one of these.

We started 2021 with our home strip and a yellow version of the away. Then the AFL saw Adelaide about to play Hawthorn away and went, 'ah cr*p' so forced us to make a red version too. Loved it, We finally had a Blue, Yellow and Red version of our traditional strip.

The only other time we went with yellow was our 3rd clash strip in 2016-17. It was basically a yellow version of the Bulldogs strip. It was perfect for why we had it. It was good looking as well.

So why don't we stick with it.

I feel every club needs to go down the path of having 3 strips.
You have your home, then you have a guernsey which is based off another colour of your club. Then a 3rd all again which is another colour.

Cause right now, Adelaide has 5 strips, and 4 are a navy blue base. Clashes with Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Richmond, Melbourne, St Kilda, Brisbane and Port Adelaide and arguably Greater Western Sydney, West Coast, Western Bulldogs, Geelong, Hawthorn and North Melbourne. When 4 of our strips can only

When 4 of your 5 strips clashes with everyone bar Sydney and Gold Coast. You're relying on 1 strip to work against 15 clubs. And what we have does not work. Too much red on it that it clashes a little with Essendon, St Kilda, Melbourne and GWS, plus doesn't contrast enough with Hawthorn.

It is bs that my club has 5 strips, and don't even have a solution for 1/3 of the league.

When we announced this strip, I was annoyed. Although it's a beautiful strip, it completely defeats its purpose.

We should go back to that 2016-17 or 2021 yellow strip. It's really just Hawthorn and West Coast and to a lesser degree, Richmond it's an issue with, and that there is why you then have a 3rd strip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate our current away strip for its purpose.

It's a beautiful strip, and perfect to hang in a pool room or man cave.

But it's 3 distinctively different colours on the front which in one way or another, clashes with 15 (arguably 16) of the 17 opposition teams.

I agree the away needs to be yellow and/or red. And I believe that if we have a 3rd strip, it needs to be the other one of these.

We started 2021 with our home strip and a yellow version of the away. Then the AFL saw Adelaide about to play Hawthorn away and went, 'ah cr*p' so forced us to make a red version too. Loved it, We finally had a Blue, Yellow and Red version of our traditional strip.

The only other time we went with yellow was our 3rd clash strip in 2016-17. It was basically a yellow version of the Bulldogs strip. It was perfect for why we had it. It was good looking as well.

So why don't we stick with it.

I feel every club needs to go down the path of having 3 strips.
You have your home, then you have a guernsey which is based off another colour of your club. Then a 3rd all again which is another colour.

Cause right now, Adelaide has 5 strips, and 4 are a navy blue base. Clashes with Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Richmond, Melbourne, St Kilda, Brisbane and Port Adelaide and arguably Greater Western Sydney, West Coast, Western Bulldogs, Geelong, Hawthorn and North Melbourne. When 4 of our strips can only

When 4 of your 5 strips clashes with everyone bar Sydney and Gold Coast. You're relying on 1 strip to work against 15 clubs. And what we have does not work. Too much red on it that it clashes a little with Essendon, St Kilda, Melbourne and GWS, plus doesn't contrast enough with Hawthorn.

It is bs that my club has 5 strips, and don't even have a solution for 1/3 of the league.

When we announced this strip, I was annoyed. Although it's a beautiful strip, it completely defeats its purpose.

We should go back to that 2016-17 or 2021 yellow strip. It's really just Hawthorn and West Coast and to a lesser degree, Richmond it's an issue with, and that there is why you then have a 3rd strip.

With an away clash with Hawthorn, the Crows should use their gather round guernsey.
Have no idea why they didn’t earlier this year as they went with it away vs Brisbane a couple of weeks ago and in 2023 also.

As much as I like the current away guernsey, it should be a ‘retro round’ thing like Collingwood and Hawthorn have done in recent years where it’s a non-playing / retail purchase only.

Totally agree that the yellow crows clash guernsey should be reintroduced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Something has happened in the leadership ranks this year that makes me suspect someone senior hates proper clash policies. Its remarkably got worse(on top of it being sometimes shit last year)
I reckon the boys club as reached a peak. When they promote from within. Gil and now Andrew Dillon, they're sticking with the same policies.

Front view all good, from behind, not the best. Let's hope they're forced into the SM strip in that scenario. I don't think there'd be many complaints.

Yeah agree, you’d hope so. Dunno if they think differently in finals however. They wear the South jumper in every Melbourne game but then come finals last year they didn’t wear it against Carlton.

Identical sponsors front and back on both so that doesn’t even explain it.

Yeah agree, you’d hope so. Dunno if they think differently in finals however. They wear the South jumper in every Melbourne game but then come finals last year they didn’t wear it against Carlton.

Identical sponsors front and back on both so that doesn’t even explain it.

Why didn't Brisbane wear their fitzroy heritage guernsey in the GF? Sydney and Brisbane Lions wear their heritage guernseys in Melbourne in the regular season to honour their respective South and Fitzroy heritage. Sydney have also worn the guernsey in Brisbane if required.

Both clubs are still Sydney Swans and Brisbane Lions. In finals the priority is the home guernsey, whether it's in Sydney, Melbourne, or Timbuktu. If they play each other, then most likely one will need to yield - most likely the lower ranked team.

Insisting Sydney not wear their primary strip v Carlton in a final, because it was played in Melbourne, is being a little ignorant I'd think. The primary strip is fine in this fixture, and preferred.

I don't think supporters of old firm clubs should be questioning other clubs guernsey choices in 'big' games, according to those clubs.

Blue on the front and all red on the back makes it look there are three teams playing.

View attachment 2054557
Yeh it's not great

A clash kit front and back should always match with same dominant colour.

Ideally home jumpers, including shorts (looking at you GWS - just make the back Charcoal - so simple!)

Why didn't Brisbane wear their fitzroy heritage guernsey in the GF? Sydney and Brisbane Lions wear their heritage guernseys in Melbourne in the regular season to honour their respective South and Fitzroy heritage. Sydney have also worn the guernsey in Brisbane if required.

A Syd v Bris GF with Syd in the SM strip & Brissy in the Fitzroy colours (with blue shorts) would be beaut. But it makes too much sense so we'd probably never see it.

Blue on the front and all red on the back makes it look there are three teams playing.

View attachment 2054557
We only really say this because we're so used to seeing Melbourne with a blue back.

Its not actually that different to Sydney's home top. Just swapping the blue on the front for white.
And the blue sleeves on the long sleeve top, Sydney uses red sleeves on the very rarely seen long sleave top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back