Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

So.. whats the go for Geelong away to North this weekend? anything special?

Presume Essendon will be in the clash of all red/white shorts v Saints who are not a big 4 - shame Essendon dont have red shorts because that would be better (compare Saints v Ess and Saint v SUNS) ....
1721700304527.png

And conversely, Richmond will not be in the clash/inverse v Collingwood who are a big 4

It’s a shocker. Adelaide need a white kit. FWIW I think Essendon should have one too.
No, they don't, colourless uniforms look terrible and aren't even needed to contrast the colours. I think minimizing the dark crow would be sufficient to create more contrast against teams with darker coloured uniforms. The 2008 variation of that uniform solved that problem you're talking about from the side, it's covered with a gold contrasting side vertical bar.
imagerender (1).jpg

Last edited:
We only really say this because we're so used to seeing Melbourne with a blue back.

Its not actually that different to Sydney's home top. Just swapping the blue on the front for white.
And the blue sleeves on the long sleeve top, Sydney uses red sleeves on the very rarely seen long sleave top.
As far as I'm concerned, they're both sh1t designs and should be thrown in the bin!

Last time in Hobart Geelong were in a predominantly navy clash strip with navy shorts. North were in their mainly white home strip with white shorts. Overall it could've been better but was far from the worst clash you'll see:

I'd like to see Geelong wear that again but just have slightly wider navy hoops and slightly narrower white hoops to accentuate the difference a bit more.

If Sydney meet Brisbane in any final with the Swans the lower ranked side, I'd be very disappointed if we didn't see the South Melbourne kit in use.

South Melbourne and Fitzroy kits in a Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions AFL grand final would be fantastic, but unfortunately it will remain a fantasy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sydney meet Brisbane in any final with the Swans the lower ranked side, I'd be very disappointed if we didn't see the South Melbourne kit in use.

You started off the whole thing by asking if the Swans were the higher ranked team would Brisbane wear yellow? Then if they both made the GF would they wear VFL strips? Now it’s Sydney as the lower ranked team? Which one is it?

I wouldn't change from this - other than getting Sydney to wear white shorts for a better contrast. (although Brisbane in the red jumper with blue shorts would be great!)

In my view the team with more white in their normal home guernsey should be wearing white shorts, irrespective of the venue and ladder position.

You started off the whole thing by asking if the Swans were the higher ranked team would Brisbane wear yellow? Then if they both made the GF would they wear VFL strips? Now it’s Sydney as the lower ranked team? Which one is it?

Sorry, should have began my last post with "However..." It was just a new random thought. Just going through the different combos for that potential match up. It's one where the clubs have the kits to create good contrast front & back, but I'm not confident we'll see it.

Nearly ripped my hair out while reading the article about the AFL's refusal to allow GWS to put the names of their players on their backs.

...However, Australian Rules football is played on a larger ground – and with significantly more players on the field at any given time – than those aforementioned sporting leagues, reducing the ability to recognise player names on guernseys.

...AND INCREASING THE NEED TO ENSURE CLEAR DIFFERENTIATION BETWEEN THE TWO COMPETING GUERNSEYS YOU MUPPETS!!

So they care enough to block something that's not really here nor there, but not enough to ensure max contast?

Presume Essendon will be in the clash of all red/white shorts v Saints who are not a big 4 - shame Essendon dont have red shorts because that would be better (compare Saints v Ess and Saint v SUNS) ....
View attachment 2056476

And conversely, Richmond will not be in the clash/inverse v Collingwood who are a big 4

It probably won't look as bad as the game against the Swans did on the telly.

Theoretically there should have been no clash there as well but both sides had large patches of white and in the sun on the weird angle it hits the SCG they both looked very similar at times.

Geelong's supposed alternate strip is another that should never have been ticked off. Doesn't achieve anything front on. It's essentially the sister jumper to Collingwood's 'dark' strip, only difference being Pies wear theirs as their preferred home kit, so I can't be as critical of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back