Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the outcome was the best possible solution (noting its subjective) but the problem is Brisbane should have a white clash (as all teams) should for that

I think the best possible solution was to have the Giants in the dark strip they wore against the Swans the week prior, and the Lions in the yellow. Would anyone have complained? Are a few GWS members seriously gonna email the league and complain?

I think the best possible solution was to have the Giants in the dark strip they wore against the Swans the week prior, and the Lions in the yellow. Would anyone have complained? Are a few GWS members seriously gonna email the league and complain?
So far from being the point its not funny.

Regardless of your personal feelings about clash jumpers and their utilization in your home game (I wouldnt give a rats ass if the Saints wore the candy stripe in a home game) the home team should always have preference for what they wanna wear in their game. If the Giants want their home jumper then its on every other team to have a suitable jumper to not clash with them.

Honestly, this is such an easy fix logistically that it shouldnt even be a thing.

So we’ll have a mess here with Brisbane in the maroon or Fitzroy with white shorts.

I really dont think this will be an issue TBH. I get the white shorts argument but Lions in the Roys kit with white shorts is a very clear distinction. Could be better for sure but pretty non issue

But GWS front is charcoal and the Maroon would be an issue with that.
They don't clash at all.
imagerender (1).jpg
I think the outcome was the best possible solution (noting its subjective) but the problem is Brisbane should have a white clash (as all teams) should for that reason.
A cool blue contrasting uniform would be the most logical sense for a "clash" uniform, colourless uniforms are not required.
All teams should have home, away and a third and one of them should be a white variant.
No, teams should just have a clash uniform that has contrasting colours, cool vs warm colours, there's no need for colourless uniforms.

Last edited:
They don't clash at all.
View attachment 2112389

A cool blue contrasting uniform would be the most logical sense for a "clash" uniform, colourless uniforms are not required.

No, teams should just have a clash uniform that has contrasting colours, cool vs warm colours, there's no need for colourless uniforms.
Maroon and Charcoal are both dark. Maroon is on the same side of the color wheel as orange.

Youre being subjective which is fine, i noted i think its marginal which ones worse.

Dont agree on the bottom.

You have your home, you can do what you like with the clash (Lions can have blue if thats their preference). All teams should have a plain ass white clash as its the most broadly effective against other teams (save for Geelong, Collingwood and Sydney).

To be clear the current policy if properly implemented would negate the need for the white but we cant ****ing implements it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why anyone is surprised by this, Geelong always wear navy shorts when hosting Brisbane
I don't think anyone's surprised but some of us were curious to the reason. Geelong usually are quite accommodating in wearing white shorts even though they're the home team. I for one didn't realise that Brisbane do not have matching red away shorts.

So far from being the point its not funny.

Regardless of your personal feelings about clash jumpers and their utilization in your home game (I wouldnt give a rats ass if the Saints wore the candy stripe in a home game) the home team should always have preference for what they wanna wear in their game. If the Giants want their home jumper then its on every other team to have a suitable jumper to not clash with them.

Honestly, this is such an easy fix logistically that it shouldnt even be a thing.
I agree generally speaking. But for a club as small as GWS & with a preferred jumper as stupid as GWS, that's where I draw a line. This league is full of inconsistancies and this would have been way down the bottom of the list. Stupid jumper designs have to be punished at some point, and what better way to start with one that means so little to so few. Perfect time for the league to give GWS a gentle nudge and say hey, time for a rebrand. Especially when their other simpler kits, are absolute belters. My 2c worth & many will disagree.

I agree generally speaking. But for a club as small as GWS & with a preferred jumper as stupid as GWS, that's where I draw a line. This league is full of inconsistancies and this would have been way down the bottom of the list. Stupid jumper designs have to be punished at some point, and what better way to start with one that means so little to so few. Perfect time for the league to give GWS a gentle nudge and say hey, time for a rebrand. Especially when their other simpler kits, are absolute belters. My 2c worth & many will disagree.
Nah, this is an awful take.

The size of club doesnt matter, Melbournes hardly a big club, how would you feel if someone decided that you should be wearing some different kit because your club doesnt matter.

This is also how we wind up with the big 4 bullshit.

Good decision to have Geelong play in home shorts this week.

Can someone confirm why Geelong wear white shorts in all home games except for GC, Sydney and Brisbane?

Absolutely no reason why Geelong can't wear their blue shorts against the likes of Essendon, Richmond, Melbourne, Adelaide, WC, GWS and Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back