Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

White shorts.

GET RID OF THEM!!!!!

Brisbane has no white on its top. Adding another colour is beyond stupid when Geelong wear a majority of white.

Its fine, but could be so much easier if Brisbane shorts were any other colour.

Thats all on Brisbane, dumb club.

I think it will be home tops and shorts for both teams.

Not ideal. but it is not a complete failure.

Please Please please....do not put Brisbane in White shorts in any circumstance. That has happened in the past......

If I was in charge, I would have Swans Home/White shorts v Brisbane home. If Sydney were the lower-ranked team, I would put them in the red V, but they are not.

If Sydney had to be in full home kit, then maybe the yellow one for Brisbane..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the issue is that none of Brisbanes kits does a great job of contrasting with Sydney’s home and the afl policy will be Sydney at home wears its home kit (which s fine and I agree with).

Similar to the Gws game, Brisbanes kit choices aren’t all that varied.

Both full home (noting Syndey will wear their home) is probably best

With Sydney in white shorts and Brisbane in maroon.

By far the best option.

I’m not fussed about Sydney being assured their home kit. It’s a GF and there’s no home team. Sydney wear this jumper every time they play in Melbourne so it’s hardly an issue for them to wear it this week to produce the best contrast.

Unfortunately it won’t happen, both will be in home kit.

I think the issue is that none of Brisbanes kits does a great job of contrasting with Sydney’s home and the afl policy will be Sydney at home wears its home kit (which s fine and I agree with).
imagerender

imagerender

People are over-thinking this, obviously ideal if Sydney are happy to wear their South Melbourne kit but 99% chance they don't. Don't really want another 2019 GF situation where a team is forced out of their preferred jumper when there is no clash.

But even if they don't there really isn't as big of a contrast issue from back, side or front with both teams in full home kits. Mind you these images are from night matches where the maroon looks much darker than on a bright sunny GF Saturday (as seen last year where it looked more cerise).

imagerender

imagerender

People are over-thinking this, obviously ideal if Sydney are happy to wear their South Melbourne kit but 99% chance they don't. Don't really want another 2019 GF situation where a team is forced out of their preferred jumper when there is no clash.

But even if they don't there really isn't as big of a contrast issue from back, side or front with both teams in full home kits. Mind you these images are from night matches where the maroon looks much darker than on a bright sunny GF Saturday (as seen last year where it looked more cerise).

I think just in general, jumpers clash more in day games than at night.

I think just in general, jumpers clash more in day games than at night.
Of course, probably something to do with human hunter-gatherer night vision adaption.

1726960650218.png
1726960688160.png

A much brighter GF Saturday makes the red of Sydney completely pop out against the blues/maroons that do get somewhat brighter, but aren't so vibrant than the red. Brisbane in maroon shorts would only make this light/dark contrast better (which is why I fear AFL will do the worst and put them in white shorts removing the contrast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back