Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the image size, I'll try to scale down my template when I have the time.
vVdYT7M.png
Looks very Norwood to me.

My attempt at a compromise Swans "Battle of the Bridge" jumper, balancing the home jumper look with more white on the back to improve contrast. White shorts would help too but I don't know if Sydney would wear them in Sydney since they technically don't clash with charcoal shorts. Of course a proper clash would work but I like to try and see if a solution that pleases all can be made.

upload_2017-11-19_23-20-45.png

My attempt at a compromise Swans "Battle of the Bridge" jumper, balancing the home jumper look with more white on the back to improve contrast. White shorts would help too but I don't know if Sydney would wear them in Sydney since they technically don't clash with charcoal shorts. Of course a proper clash would work but I like to try and see if a solution that pleases all can be made.

Sydney and GWS need to be wearing clash jumpers against each other. What happened to the South Melbourne white jumper with Red V they were wearing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice idea, but make sure you get the bridge right! Battle of the bridge refers to the Anzac bridge, rather than Sydney harbour.

Nice idea, but make sure you get the bridge right! Battle of the bridge refers to the Anzac bridge, rather than Sydney harbour.
I know that, but this is a Sydney Swans jumper. It is meant to complete the Circular Quay look of eastern Sydney rather than trying to claim the ANZAC Bridge.

I just call it the battle of the bridge game because there is only one Sydney Derby and those sides play in sky blue, and red & black hoops.

Just a small thing..
Hoops should be Blue, red, yellow in that order. Maybe switch the top red and yellow hoops and leave the bottom ones so as to keep the number of hoops you need.
This is true, and I did play around with the hoop order but I found having it in the home jumper order simply made it look like a Fitzroy rip-off the way the navy yoke goes into a red jumper. So I added a hoop, but still had the top hoop gold as a compromise so the subsequent hoops match the navy, red and gold order. Also allowed the hoops to flow over to the back similar to the style of the old Crows logo...albeit upside down. Sometimes the design needs to break exact conventions to look good.

upload_2017-11-20_9-31-55.png

This is true, and I did play around with the hoop order but I found having it in the home jumper order simply made it look like a Fitzroy rip-off the way the navy yoke goes into a red jumper. So I added a hoop, but still had the top hoop gold as a compromise so the subsequent hoops match the navy, red and gold order. Also allowed the hoops to flow over to the back similar to the style of the old Crows logo...albeit upside down. Sometimes the design needs to break exact conventions to look good.

The back looks excellent, they should have done this with last year's clash and alt.

Last edited:
"Battle of the Bridge" died about 5 years ago. It seems to live on with a few of the slower media types, but hasn't been called that officially for years (basically since they realized that most Swans fans didn't care for the ANZAC bridge).

Sydney and GWS need to be wearing clash jumpers against each other. What happened to the South Melbourne white jumper with Red V they were wearing?
Agree with this. At one point they were wearing jumpers that were basically the same base design with the only difference being the top half was orange vs red. I've got no issue with the Swans wearing a white jumper when we play GWS. Would make it much easier to distinguish between players.

This is terrible, but in a “still, this is so much better than any of their white-based scribble designs, god, dear god what was wrong with last year’s, why can you just be normal Adelaide?” kind of way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back