Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premierships in prison bars: 36 (record)
Champions of Australia in prison bars: 4 (record)
Consecutive premierships in prison bars: 6 (record)

Premierships with teal: 1
Other achievements with teal: made the finals a couple of times

Prison bars juuuuuust win. :)

Don't forget our extraordinary complaining ability as a club. Fans and media alike kicked up such a fuss about the home team being forced into their clash in a final that the AFL caved and let them wear the Prison Bars as a compromise. Though in the end Richmond wore their clash strip anyway.

With recent talk of reviving the prison bars jumper I remembered this Broelman cartoon from the Advertiser (that I kept) depicting Scott Hodges as one of the "Port Adelaide Pirates" in 1994 with a possible jumper option. Worth a go in the pre-season or as a clash perhaps, but I'd want to try a shinier silver rather than just flat grey
upload_2017-11-11_9-16-27.png

With recent talk of reviving the prison bars jumper I remembered this Broelman cartoon from the Advertiser (that I kept) depicting Scott Hodges as one of the "Port Adelaide Pirates" in 1994 with a possible jumper option. Worth a go in the pre-season or as a clash perhaps, but I'd want to try a shinier silver rather than just flat grey
View attachment 436369
At the SANFL grand final that jumper was all over the Adelaide Oval LED boards.

Premierships in prison bars: 36 (record)
Champions of Australia in prison bars: 4 (record)
Consecutive premierships in prison bars: 6 (record)

Premierships with teal: 1
Other achievements with teal: made the finals a couple of times

Prison bars juuuuuust win. :)
Won some Wizard Home Loans Cups in teal too lol.

View attachment 436369
Who grins after a bird shits all over them? Port people are weird man.

Who grins after a bird shits all over them? Port people are weird man.
artist was probably a Crows supporter:rolleyes:

EDIT: or perhaps he's a Port supporter and it's the old "bird shitting on you is good luck" thing?? Aye Aye, me hearty!

Last edited:
artist was probably a Crows supporter:rolleyes:

EDIT: or perhaps he's a Port supporter and it's the old "bird shitting on you is good luck" thing?? Aye Aye, me hearty!

Broelman is a Centrals supporter first and foremost, I don't think he follows the AFL and definitely not Port Power (my opinion).

It seems to have gone by without notice, but this year is 50 years since the first Australian Rules/Gaelic hybrid game.

Would have been cool to see the teams revert back to old strips and to have some sort of promotion for it on that angle. It's actually a pretty old concept when you think Aussie Rules itself is a bit over 150 years, and modern sort of football probably dates to around 1920 or so.

The green shirt with yellow collar and a big kangaroo on the front in a square would be a so-bad-its-good kit. Anyone on here going to mock up some options for International Rules with this in mind?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's Ron Barassi's 1967/68 Gallahs jumper
40403616_view_02.jpg
40403616.jpg

My 2c Worth re: Port.

I love the teal and I love the Prison Bars. Got both jumpers plus a clash hanging up on the wall in my lounge.

However if we were going to wear teal prison bars, we would have done so in 1997.

I love our current jumper set, disappointed to see the teal (or is that Marine!) jumper go because it would easily replace the white clash. However the grey/silver is just as nice.

Bring out the prison bars once a year and maybe the SBS jumper once a year. Both are our heritage.

Could someone do a mockup of

(HOME) Black jumper with white prison bars and white collar/cuffs. Port Adelaide style white back panel with black numbers. White shorts.
(AWAY) Grey/Silver jumper with white prison bars and black collar/cuffs. All grey at the back with black numbers. Black shorts.
(CLASH) Teal jumper with white prison bars and black collar/cuffs. All teal at the back with white numbers. Black shorts.

I'd like to see how that would look as a set of jumpers.

Last edited:
Could someone do a mockup of

(HOME) Black jumper with white prison bars and white collar/cuffs. Port Adelaide style white back panel with black numbers. White shorts.
(AWAY) Grey/Silver jumper with white prison bars and black collar/cuffs. All grey at the back with black numbers. Black shorts.
(CLASH) Teal jumper with white prison bars and black collar/cuffs. All teal at the back with white numbers. Black shorts.

I'd like to see how that would look as a set of jumpers.

Got to keep my laptop over the weekend :D
Here ya go

PORT SET.png
PORT SET 2.png

View attachment 436369
This is awesome.

This should have been the clash with the black on black home IMO.

Just wondering, could the international rules Australian design work well for an Afl club design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back