Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wHq7EUF.jpg

The best thing for Port Adelaide is to keep it simple. Bring back the traditional Port Adelaide prison bars but introduce some teal or maybe light blue as was used on the very first Port Adelaide jumper. Enough light blue to keep Collingwood off their backs and to make the Port Adelaide jumper unique in the league. The back of the jumper looks very much like the jumper worn to the clubs first AFL premiership. Then for a Clash/Away jumper just swap the colours on the jumper around. Could introduce the black at the top of the jumper but with light blue at the bottom.

The simple thing is that the prison bar design is a Port Adelaide tradition and should be part of the clubs home jumper. However using the traditional black and white prison bar design would infrig on Collingwood's ownership of the black and white colours as an AFL club. Adding teal or light blue would create a differents in colours between the two clubs, and make the images of the 2004 Premiership mean more to club supporters with the jumper on that day looking like the Port Adelaide home jumper.
they should do this, but you post this on the port board and you get torn a new one. it's actually the perfect solution, IMHO

I’m kinda curious why many Port fans I’ve seen on these discussions so anti when it comes to the amalgamation of the prison bars with a bit of teal to differentiate enough from Collingwood yet retain the heritage of PA’s PB silhouette? I view it as a best of both worlds scenario but then again I’m not a Port fan so 🤷‍♂️ I’d be interested to see a poll of Port fans to see numbers for and against the amalgamated bars + teal yoke (or light blue I suppose) concept. And it’s not like the sanfl side lost their prison bars, they’re still the Magpies. Aaand there can always be a heritage round to showcase the unaltered OG guernsey (all hypothetical but still)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Long story short; unless it is the traditional prison bars, port fans believe it will lose meaning. I think the teal is unique to them and would be awesome to become part of the PB (even a blackout with teal bars)

I'm at work, I am depressed right now and thought I'd piss away 5 minutes with a crappy idea I've had for a while...
Technically probably a bad design, but meh. Whatever
My fave jumper - 1991 Brisbane Bears, but for the Lions today, sans logos etc.

Would love to see a properly-rendered one. Feel free to have a whack...

I look forward to my "worst attempt ever" prize :)

1666230902674.png

I'm at work, I am depressed right now and thought I'd piss away 5 minutes with a crappy idea I've had for a while...

View attachment 1539895
Goes hard

View attachment 1539895

Heres my quick attempt for you

lionsbears.png

I like it. Thanks very much for that :)

When the "BL" and triangle are reversed, looks more like Queensland than the BB ever did...
No worries, it's a great idea but unless somebody has an idea, I can't see a way to make the "L" follow the triangle design

View attachment 1539895
I did a cerise one a little while ago in the old style, I appreciate the concept but don't think a BL would work well as the old pyramid

Could probably do this, but even then it looks awkward

1666236916410.png

I did a cerise one a little while ago in the old style, I appreciate the concept but don't think a BL would work well as the old pyramid
Yeah, but it's only a concept. It won't ever come true, but ideas as fun. I feel the BB guernsey gets a bumb rap. I personally liked it
From a design point of view, the Brisbane vee was superior, but I just loved the 1991 jumper...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but it's only a concept. It won't ever come true, but ideas as fun. I feel the BB guernsey gets a bumb rap. I personally liked it
From a design point of view, the Brisbane vee was superior, but I just loved the 1991 jumper...
Yeah i've sent the club a request to bring back the V and the cerise for Qclashes because they're both great in their own way

i feel that the club should wear it as drawn above, homage to the care and love of a fan

can someone mock it up in a template but looking exactly like the drawing? with wonky lines?
that will make my day
1666240920804.png
Instant sell-out, i'd buy 5

I just love the fact that my so-called abomination is actually not that unique, and that others have thought of a similar thing
I'm either not as brilliant as I thought I was, or not as mental...

Either way, I really appreciate everybody's efforts, given my piss-poor one :D

I just love the fact that my so-called abomination is actually not that unique, and that others have thought of a similar thing
I'm either not as brilliant as I thought I was, or not as mental...

Either way, I really appreciate everybody's efforts, given my piss-poor one :D
It's ok, we know who you really drew it for

1666259534976.png

Goin' straight up on the fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back