Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Impact font on the back ruins kdoo's jumper though
Strangely, even though it sucks as a number font, it kind of just feels right at local level. I had a realisation while watching a local game that the AFL font just looks weird on local jumpers, feels like it has its place and itā€™s not any level lower than state leagues. Not that it matters anyway, but what would this board be if we didnā€™t notice and comment on trivial things hahaha.

View attachment 2090628

Stealth kit for Fremantle at next years Gather around, would love to see the anchor be used for this!
I like the idea but I think the 2 stealth guernseys Fremantle have worn demonstrate that purple-on-black really doesn't work outside of perfectly lit promo shoots.

Both times they've worn it, it just looked like a plain black jumper on TV, the purple was barely visible.

1724562053438.png

A night game under floodlights might be a different story

I like the idea but I think the 2 stealth guernseys Fremantle have worn demonstrate that purple-on-black really doesn't work outside of perfectly lit promo shoots.

Both times they've worn it, it just looked like a plain black jumper on TV, the purple was barely visible.

View attachment 2090840

A night game under floodlights might be a different story
I think it's just unnecessary.
Go with a white guernsey and red/green chevrons if you want to do something different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petition to make this GWS home kit for 2025, thank you. (Template from Mero footyjumpers.com)

View attachment 2104030
I've seen this design countless times and I don't get around it. I feel like for people that aren't jumper design junkies like us, it just looks like a weird charcoal shape on an orange background. I think their current design is good and I don't know if it's because of my line of work or something but to me they look like they finally belong on a footy field and not a job site.

Last edited:
I've seen this design countless times and I don't get around it. I feel like for people that aren't jumper design junkies like us, it just looks like a weird charcoal shape on an orange background. I think their current design is good and I don't know if it's because of my line of work or something but to me it looks like they finally look like they belong on a footy field and not a job site.
Agreed. The current design is much more in line with a "traditional" guernsey aside from the logo.

Petition to make this GWS home kit for 2025, thank you. (Template from Mero footyjumpers.com)

View attachment 2104030
I hate the shape of the big G on their jumpers.

If someone could design a mongram of GWS like Carlton have of CFC on their Jumper... it would look sensational IMO

Reject modernity...

617bc645b339cff576dd1f37e510bd9a

Embrace tradition...

All they needed to do was stick with the more vibrant orange they have now, fix up the side panel issue with the manufacturer which seemed to somehow get worse year on year - as well as make a charcoal-backed version of the kit.

Reject modernity...

617bc645b339cff576dd1f37e510bd9a

Embrace tradition...

All they needed to do was stick with the more vibrant orange they have now, fix up the side panel issue with the manufacturer which seemed to somehow get worse year on year - as well as make a charcoal-backed version of the kit.
I just don't understand how they butchered such a clean design. Sure the side panels and back were a bit of a mess at times but as a design it was balanced and was a great modernisation of the yoke design of the past. It's crazy how such a simple change of detaching the G from the yoke and making it smaller can make the design look so weak.

I just don't understand how they butchered such a clean design. Sure the side panels and back were a bit of a mess at times but as a design it was balanced and was a great modernisation of the yoke design of the past. It's crazy how such a simple change of detaching the G from the yoke and making it smaller can make the design look so weak.
Agree. This with a Charcoal back should be it.

Then away guernsey white shorts with orange replacing the Charcoal and numbers inversed.

White clash.

It wasn't clean though, coz the side issue on one side having the white curved G and side panel, then on the other side view it was like black nothingness. From the front view I agree it looked better, but from the sides and the back it was a mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back