Just for a bit of fun...

Remove this Banner Ad

sansburys 5 goals on cooney,:D leighroy browns bags of 5 and 6 i think, umm.....you could stretch your playing capabilities out and argue you played like winnie abraham, but the reason he didnt do anything after his games, was cuz the injury gods were too cruel to such a talent, but im sure you could get away with abraham; pharo:thumbsu:

Yes Leroy works for me - I played about as physical as he did last year. Of course he's about twice my playing size but what can you do. I always wanted to play wing like Keith Greig but always ended up on the ball or half forward.

FB: Giantroo (Archer)------Limerick (Martyn)-----Mr Reliable (Gumbleton)

HB: Wells Train (Pike)---- Arden (Colbert)-------???????????

C: Royal Blue (S Clayton)----???????????---------?????????????

HF The Other Dean (C. Jones)--Spurs(Carey)--------Arden Fast (Roberts)

F: Wild Kangaroo (Allison)------?????????----------?????????????

Foll --??????????----------???????-----------------Micky_11 (McConnell)

INT:

* Extended bench) Pharro (S harvey)

Roobunny (Roo Ruckle)

I'd say Laids for me a little back pocket that is happy to stand infront of plugger and take one for the team...

I was thinking Rocky... going around starting fights and then letting someone else (Carey) finish them off... but I like Laidley's rep a tad more...

FB: Giantroo (Archer)------Limerick (Martyn)-----Mr Reliable (Gumbleton)

HB: Wells Train (Pike)---- Arden (Colbert)-------???????????

C: Royal Blue (S Clayton)----???????????---------?????????????

HF The Other Dean (C. Jones)--Spurs(Carey)--------Arden Fast (Roberts)

F: Wild Kangaroo (Allison)------?????????----------?????????????

Foll --gokangas (Nolan)----------SweetLeftFoot (Burton) -----------------Micky_11 (McConnell)

INT:

* Extended bench) Pharro (S harvey)

Roobunny (Roo Ruckle)

Put me down for Winston Abraham....not for his high flying marking, nor his nimbleness. The part of his game most resembling my own would be the day he came off the bench against Essendon. Two seconds on the ground, he found himself next to Hird who had jjust marked. Winnie tackled him (and gave away a 50 metre penalty), slipped over and did his knee. I think that was the last time he played......that whole episode kinda summed up my limited career (and the various ill fated comeback attempts.....if I didn't have knees made of paper mache I would have been a monty to take the Carey title :)

Community services rendered in retribution for shameful acts of public drunkeness....

Ok, I took a few liberties and juggled a few people about. You know, team balance and all. So, I'm sorry, SLF, but I had to pop Spider on the bench to free up the RR possie for Crazy Q (Wellsy). And sorry, Arden Fast, same again. I put you on the bench cos' Fridge was often more of an "impact" player, and trying to squeeze cobba (Grant) and 1997LeadGoalKicker (Winnie) into the Forward structure, unfortunately squeezed you out. But feel free to tell me to pull my head in, change them back, position everyone in another way, etc, etc.

But we're still a fair bit short here. Our Centre line is currently looking absymal. (Shane Clayton !! And he's playing by himself !!)

Still need a FF, too.

And I don't know about you, but I for one want to see Passmore in this side. More importantly, I want to see who puts up their hand to say they played like him.

Anyhoo, here's where it's currently at.......

BP: Giantroo (Archer) / FB: Limerick (Martyn) / BP: Mr Reliable (Gumbleton)

HBF: Wells Train (Pike) / CHB: Arden (Colbert) / HBF: ?????

W: Royal Blue (S Clayton) / C: ????? / W: ?????

HF: The Other Dean (C. Jones) / CHF: Spurs (Carey) / HF: cobba (Grant)

FP: Wild Kangaroo (Allison) / FF: ????? / FP: 1997LeadGoalKicker (Abraham)

Foll: gokangas (Nolan), Crazy Q (Wells), Micky_11 (McConnell)

INT:

* [Extended bench] Pharro (S harvey), SweetLeftFoot (Burton), Arden Fast (Roberts)

Roobunny (Roo Ruckle)

Put me in as David Calthorpe. Not as tall, nowhere near as quick, definitely not as talented as Calthorpe, but certainly more rotund and can run in circles somewhere the ball aint.

And would provide a very good target for supporters to bag.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I was playing paddock footy (in the late 70s) people said I looked a lot like John Byrne (no. 21) but I think he got a bit (read alot) more of the pill then me.

I don't post anywhere near often enough to deserve a gig in the 1's, and have hammies like a rubber band that's been left out in the sun for a year (tear as often as they stretch).

Give me Callum Urch and sit me in the 2's, where I belong.

I too had potential (played u19's for Woodville - pre merger), but lack of hamstrings, lack of height and an inability to kick a footy over a jam tin cost me a decent career......

Put me in as David Calthorpe. Not as tall, nowhere near as quick, definitely not as talented as Calthorpe, but certainly more rotund and can run in circles somewhere the ball aint.

And would provide a very good target for supporters to bag.:D

You also keep a fast food chain in business single-handedly? ;)

Corey McKernan/ Ross Glenndining

That's the way, Pykie. Setting your sights nice and low there.

I was suprised the other nite TOD, when you were under the influence, that you didnt put your self down as a: Longmire,Carey,Thompson,Mckernan in one type of player

I was suprised the other nite TOD, when you were under the influence, that you didnt put your self down as a: Longmire,Carey,Thompson,Mckernan in one type of player

BLIGHTY !!

Dare to dream, hey?

FF in my last game ever ...........(Doug Wade)

Either that or the bench or retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just for a bit of fun...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back