Just hand the flamin flag to the pies and be done with it

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hawks 08 Premiership team would flog the Collingwood 10 Premiership team.

I look forward to your 24000 word essay in reply. :thumbsu:
Lol. I can do in far less than that.

There were only really 2 things that a team needed to defeat the game plan of the 2008 Hawk. Speed, and accurate disposal. Collingwood in 2010 had both in abundance.

As I've said previously, Geelong's slightly better fixture to date does not explain the massive percentage difference of 35%, and Freo should have beaten them in Round 2. .

Percentage (especially after 5 rounds) doesnt win you premierships, and a win in Perth against the best of the interstate challengers is nothing to ignore.

I'd take a close win over Freo at subi over 14 goal win against Port Adelaide at home every day of the week.

Percentage (especially after 5 rounds) doesnt win you premierships, and a win in Perth against the best of the interstate challengers is nothing to ignore.
Of course percentage doesn't win premierships and I have not at any stage suggested that it did. I simply said it should not be overlooked when determining the current premiership favourite. As for the win against Freo, I firmly believe that an undermanned Dockers should have won that match, and that should not be overlooked either.
I'd take a close win over Freo at subi over 14 goal win against Port Adelaide at home every day of the week.
That comment is irrelevant to anything that I have said. I said that Geelong's fixture to date has only been slightly more difficult because I think Collingwood's wins over Carlton and Essendon were every bit as challenging as Geelong's wins over Hawthorn and Sydney. Their win over Freo was a bonus because they should not have won that match. Taking all of that into account, as well as the performances of both clubs from last season, then I disagree with anybody that feels that both teams should be equal premiership favourites at this stage of this season.

Take a look at your contributions to this thread. You have nothing to be smug about.

If you have an issue with something I've posted, by all means point it out.

If youre going to snipe from the sidelines, at least make it funny/interesting.
:D lol. Absolutely no need, you seem to be doing fairly well in those stakes totally unassisted. :thumbsu:

Perhaps you should see the doctor for a sense of humour transplant! :p

A laugh riot.
What is hilarious is watching a couple of posters arguing until they are blue in the face over what are essentially subjective points to which they must know they will never get their opponent to agree. The entertainment value of that scenario is unquestionable and I'm far from the first person to make the point! :thumbsu:

What is hilarious is watching a couple of posters arguing until they are blue in the face over what are essentially subjective points to which they must know they will never get their opponent to agree. The entertainment value of that scenario is unquestionable and I'm far from the first person to make the point! :thumbsu:

Nothing subjective about the point I was making to KS. Just took her a while to accept she was wrong/being facetious.

Stupid thread.

Just takes one team to beat them and that could be a team in the GF. Doesn't matter how you do the whole season if you choke in the GF. Collingwood had to have two GF to get over the line. They choked the first time.

Hell. Collingwood may not even get to the GF.

Right now the flag is Collingwood's to lose but that does not mean they are a guarantee to win it. Have a look at the Geelong v Hawthorn grand final, Geelong v St Kilda. The flag will be handed to the winner after the Grand Final.

Who knows Collingwood may cop a few injuries, another contender may emerge, they have a bad final series. Too many variables in place.

Collingwood deserve to go in as favourites for the flag but not as certainties.

Why does everyone state the bleeding obvious?

Of course we will be hit by a few key injuries, who wouldn't?
Fremantle - Sandi & Pav
Hawthorn - Buddy & Mitchell
Geelong - Chapman & Bartel
Of course everyone will struggle if they lose their top few players.

At the end of the day its early May, far too early to be able to predict who will be up and about in September. This time last year I thought we were a fair amount behind Saint Kilda and Geelong but were capable, but by year end I was very confident we were the best side playing our best footy at the right time. Plenty of time for teams to address any issues and start building for a red hot crack at September.

Re: Cruise mode

The only thing that is happening at Collingwood that could be interpreted as holding back is the fitness/medical staff's control over players match time. If you really think players are instructed to take it easy for a while then blow opposition teams away then you have no clue. Collingwood manages players so that for bursts all their guns are on the field enabling quick and heavy scoring. Elsewhere they are resting them interchangeably and using depth to hold off teams.

Not invincible, just good management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing subjective about the point I was making to KS. Just took her a while to accept she was wrong/being facetious.
OK. Don't misunderstand me, I'm just saying that a significant portion of the discussion is subjective and I'm being entertained by the argument and counter-argument when it's pretty clear that neither side can or will give ground regardless of valid or invalid points. Carry on, I'll try to sit back and enjoy quietly from now on! :thumbsu:

I dont realy care about last season, i dont care if some of you nuffies rate other teams GF years higher, you want to know why? because we're a muchhhh better team this time round, scary good team IMHO, we could go through undefeated, our poor games now days result in 5 goal wins.

God help the cats in a couple of weeks, i get the feeling we'll actualy be up for that one, they'll be lucky to get within 10 goals IMO, the haters will still hate though, but dont worry, we love it!!.

I dont realy care about last season, i dont care if some of you nuffies rate other teams GF years higher, you want to know why? because we're a muchhhh better team this time round, scary good team IMHO, we could go through undefeated, our poor games now days result in 5 goal wins.

God help the cats in a couple of weeks, i get the feeling we'll actualy be up for that one, they'll be lucky to get within 10 goals IMO, the haters will still hate though, but dont worry, we love it!!.
I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to the cats. It's not really the sort of game where we need to expose their weaknesses, just working out what they are will be good enough, so we can expose them later in the season.

On current form I don't see anyone challenging them. Though theres still a lot of footy to be played between now and the Finals so it's anyones guess as to what happens with them.

Their response to be being challenged by the Bulldogs yesterday was phenomenal.

WORTH A

bump

SOME FUNNY COMMENTS IN HERE.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to the cats. It's not really the sort of game where we need to expose their weaknesses, just working out what they are will be good enough, so we can expose them later in the season.

Yep you really exposed them ...i guess somebody forgot to tell the pies to get out of second gear ..because they were cruising along in second gear all year according to the fan boys ..and KS is just hilarious. ;)

Yep you really exposed them ...i guess somebody forgot to tell the pies to get out of second gear ..because they were cruising along in second gear all year according to the fan boys ..and KS is just hilarious. ;)
I've always thought so since I read half of a post of its once and gave up due to the constant "quoting", repetitive statements of opinion as fact and love of its own "voice"...guess we wont see it again for awhile :D

IT's such a long season, so many things can happen. For people to still be saying so early in the season "just give them the flag now" after all the seasons we've seen where the number 1 ranked side doesn't quite get up on the day..... it's just ignoring the obvious lessons of history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back