Justin Leppitsch - New Brisbane Lions Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have thrown a hundred gazillion dollars at Worsfold. He said he didn't want to coach yet, but then again, so did Roos. People are full of it. Give a man enough money and he'll do anything.
can people stop saying this crap, he said not yet, in hindsight it was obvious he was gonna coach this year, never said not yet when carlton approached him

BU6vDFFCYAA3unX.jpg

"My plan is to move Luke Power into the middle and play Brennan as an unorthodox full forward..."

and Matthews also assists Leppa, things will progress for Brisbane.

I think this aspect is really important. Matthews would be invaluable as a Senior Adviser type for Leppa during the first few years. He won't want to run the show, but will be happy to assist.

Nobody could have made Melbourne look good this year, even Paul Roos. From memory he told them to play more on instinct and helped free them up a little, which would indicate he has learned from his past mistakes.

Judging Craig as a senior coach based on his time at Melbourne is a nonsense I agree. No preseason and he was a short term coach. He was never going to get Melbourne playing the brand of footy he wanted.

4 years as a defensive coach at Richmond......................yep, that's senior coach material.

2 and half years under Leigh Matthews as well, plus the year under Voss where Brisbane made the second week of the finals. Any reason why you left that stuff out...?

The appointment is a interesting choice. While most Lions supporters will be jumping up and down I'm going to wait and see what will happen with Leppa as Senior Coach. I will be honest the club has been a mess for a while and I'm hoping by next season that we address the issues around the board and young players leaving.

The guy was an absolute champion on the field. Underrated IMO and at his best on a par or perhaps just below with SOS and Matty Scarlett as one of the best defenders ever.

Have no idea if he can coach but has runs on the board as an assistant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he doesn't tell the Brisbane players to play for free kicks like he did when he was a player.
I think he'd be stupid not to. Brisbane had the worst free-kick differential in the league in 2011, 2012 and 2013. I remember reading that they'd received over 300 less free kicks than West Coast over the last two years!! It's clearly an area they need to work on.

I think he'd be stupid not to. Brisbane had the worst free-kick differential in the league in 2011, 2012 and 2013. I remember reading that they'd received over 300 less free kicks than West Coast over the last two years!! It's clearly an area they need to work on.

Interesting stat. Maybe the answer lies in getting more fans to the Gabba for games.

The guy was an absolute champion on the field. Underrated IMO and at his best on a par or perhaps just below with SOS and Matty Scarlett as one of the best defenders ever.

Have no idea if he can coach but has runs on the board as an assistant.
From all reports he's done an outstanding job at Richmond and has played a huge role in the development of Alex Rance. Since he's been at Richmond, they've improved every year.

2 and half years under Leigh Matthews as well, plus the year under Voss where Brisbane made the second week of the finals. Any reason why you left that stuff out...?
He's clearly trolling in a pathetic attempt to kick the club while they're down. He's probably still trying to get over Sydney's pathetic effort on the weekend.

Congratulations to Justin , Fantastic appointment

He has done a great job at richmond alongside Dimma and the other coaches , I wish him well and hope he is successful at the Lions which have a good amount of youngsters coming through and justins just the man they can look upto.

Good Club but Crap mods on here :p

Despite my condemnation of how he personally treated Akermanis, I think he is just the pudendum that Brisbane needs, and I would have nominated him as Matthews' natural successor, in preference to Voss. Leppitsch was an exquisite footballer, who occasionally panicked unnecessarily whilst playing, due to lack of awareness and overconfidence. Make of that what you will. He is not the brightest light in the chandelier, but does have the charismatic ability to attract talented people around him.

Congrats to Leppa, but the sacking of Voss just looks really silly now. Leppa might be a better coach, but he's untried at Senior coaching level. Voss made mistakes early but has also brought in a lot of bloody good kids and had a built a pretty handy side that could challenge for finals next year.

Now, whilst the list is largely still there, they are starting with a new coach and probably a new coaching panel. Fair chance this is going to set them back it bit (I might very not mind you). Just a really poorly handled situation by that whole club

At least Leppa has assistant coaching experience. Voss thought he was above all that.

The club is the AFL version of the Titanic. Once the AFL stopped propping up the list with a bigger salary cap, the appeal of living and playing in Brisbane diminished immeasurably. The only player of note that Brisbane could attract ended up being a drunken disaster.

The reported desire of so many recent top drafts looking to get out, for whatever reason doesn't exactly change this impression of the club. Whether it's got to do with the club, the clubs personnel, the city, whatever.........something drastic has to change up there if they want to get back to where they were a decade ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Leppitsch - New Brisbane Lions Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back