Justin Leppitsch - New Brisbane Lions Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Harvey is a very underrated coach.

Ehh...

Some coaches are great. Some coaches are rubbish. Some are just in-between. That's where Harves is. I'm glad Lyon has given him credit for essentially kicking off the current flag tilt 4 years ago, and that the brief caretaker work at BL gets him some street cred, but he's rated exactly where he's at. Average. Good development mindset; ordinary tactical mindset.

Also, maybe Mark Harvey should be given credit for some of those wins he coached in the last few weeks. His coaching almost got Brisbane over the line against Geelong at Simonds, something Voss could never do.

Mark Harvey is a very underrated coach.

He's a very good assistant, and a good youth coach. He does deserve credit for where Freo are at.

Bit rich saying that Voss couldn't get them over the line as Harvey couldn't either, and he was caretaker for a few rounds (after we'd beaten Geelong earlier in the year - they've been a vastly better side than us for all of Voss's tenure).

Some good points in this thread, I just think that perhaps people from both sides could present their views with less of a snide and "I know better than you" manner, for the sake of a discussion.

I think (hope :p) the proof will be in the pudding with Leppitsch. Hopefully people by now have worked out that it wasn't a 'sacked Voss to get Leppitsch' situation. Watching Richmond's backline transform has been exciting as far as looking at Leppitsch's skills go - there's a good core there but he's got them really performing. Especially like the level he's gotten Rance playing at and I'm really looking forward to him working with the likes of Clarke, Harwood and other young blokes vying for spots back there (of course he's the senior coach, but if we could make our back six even more solid I'd be incredibly excited for the potential of the team).

We've got a heap of issues to sort out as a club, but finally there's a glimmer and something to look forward to for Lions supporters. We'll hopefully see an immediate impact over the coming weeks when the 'exodus' is only a couple of blokes rather than 5-6.

If they feel sorry for Voss and say that the board is incompetent for sacking him, does that mean any time a board sacks a coach, they are incompetent?

Tell me why Voss deserved a new contract. Was it all the years he took Brisbane to the finals? The PFs and GFs he coached them too? All the premierships he coached them in? Oh, that's right, they only played in two finals under Voss, four years ago. My mistake, I forgot! :rolleyes:

Keep drinking the Voss Kool-Aid!
I think a lot of Brisbane fans have now conceded that Voss wasn't the best man for the job and after missing out on the finals for a fourth year in-a-row, his time was up. I sense that your anger is mostly directed at Brisbane due to the hilarious loss you had to them earlier this year at the Gabba. What was that lead you coughed up in the last 15 minutes? It was 40 points, wasn't it!?

I think a lot of Brisbane fans have now conceded that Voss wasn't the best man for the job and after missing out on the finals for a fourth year in-a-row, his time was up. I sense that your anger is mostly directed at Brisbane due to the hilarious loss you had to them earlier this year at the Gabba. What was that lead you coughed up in the last 15 minutes? It was 40 points, wasn't it!?

I'm not angry at Brisbane. I'm defending them sacking Voss. They made the right decision, and the talk of the board being in disarray is a media invention continued on by Voss sycophants.

You beat us. Good for you. Too bad you still couldn't get into finals for the fourth year under Voss.

Don't know what anger you are talking about.

I'm not angry at Brisbane. I'm defending them sacking Voss. They made the right decision, and the talk of the board being in disarray is a media invention continued on by Voss sycophants.

You beat us. Good for you. Too bad you still couldn't get into finals for the fourth year under Voss.

Don't know what anger you are talking about.

Media invention? You realise we are in mediation talks to get the board room spat sorted out ASAP right? Either way it is extremely ignorant to suggest what is happening at the club is an invention of the media.

Also, that poster is a Hawthorn supporter.

Raines, Staker, Maguire comfortably in our best 22 at the moment. You can't even spell 2 of those player's names correctly :rolleyes:

How are each of them doing now? I hear Bradshaw kicked 100 goals last year on AFL Live? And Rischitelli, well he's just shining in the Suns reserves isn't he?

What a completely uninformed post. Brennan was a tool who couldn't be stuffed to play footy. How did he turn out for the Suns? We got a brilliant return for him so we can't complain. Henderson would probably be useful now.

Power pushed out the door? Dear me, Voss told Power that he couldn't guarantee him a starting 22 spot every week for the next season. So Power left and decided to mentor the Giants in a player/coach level. Good on him I say, and Voss and Power are still in close touch. Not sure where you get your bullshit theories from.

Apart from Henderson, gee what a big loss. :rolleyes:

I see you carefully neglected the fact that this was around the time expansion teams started coming in, hence taking up all the high draft picks. Do you really think it would have been a 4 year stint at the bottom if we had Jaeger O'Meara, Harley Bennell, Jonathan Patton and Toby Greene? Please, give me a break.

Lowly bulldogs? The same Bulldogs who beat West Coast, Carlton and Adelaide?

No they don't. They're feeling sorry for him because of our ****** up board who has no idea how to run a football club.
You're in denial like most fans.The young player exodus is purely down to the fact that voss black brown are too full of themselves to lead a club of youngsters.Dont ever forget who the general was that led these on field super stars to legendary glory,LETHAL,because these guys with voss as general are utterly useless and the board new it and moved him on.

You do realise that the rebuild effectively started in 2011?
Yeah it started in 2011 but the old fellas still got games whilst youngsters languished in a pathetic reserves competition without any hope or guidance for the future and the ones that were given games have enjoyed the experience so much they couldn't wait to get out of the place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Leppitsch - New Brisbane Lions Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back