Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Great press conference from Justin. Good but not a great performance, not satisfied with that. Not getting caught up in outcomes or potential futures. Staying in the moment and focusing on the next game.
Need to. Lots sore boys from today will be getting on a plane to Antarctica to face a Hawks outfit looking to rebound.

He seems to be coaching well.

Next step is winning big finals, and there has been a mountain of work on the mental side of the game to set the players up.

Don’t think we can win the flag this year, but a prelim is realistic.
Hawks 2008, Baby Bombers, Yes. We. Can.

hopefully not

Our assistants are doing well

Adam cna go help coach the AFLW West coast

Hopefully we don’t lose Jaymie Graham through this situation tbh.

I don’t think replacing him with a similar standard Assistant Coach is nearly as easy as people on here think. We need to find someone who’s both willing to come to WA and is either without a deal for 2025 or who a club is willing release. More realistically we’re probably offering another club’s development coach a promotion. Don’t think there’s much to promote internally tbh - I believe our main line coaches are quite highly rated tbh but not sure what’s below that.

Reckon Cox will be the next coach.
Hopefully we can pay Graham what he is worth, as the Toast will have soft cap issues. Apparently they can adjust over 3 seasons though, with the payout to Simpson

Reckon Cox will be the next coach.
Hopefully we can pay Graham what he is worth, as the Toast will have soft cap issues. Apparently they can adjust over 3 seasons though, with the payout to Simpson
According to Wellingham, coz won’t leave Sydney.

And why would you? Stable, successful, likely the heir to Longmire in a few years.

If Adam Simpson wanted to stay in Perth, is it possible JL would want him as a senior assistant at some point?
If you were getting a $2mil severance payout would you go work with the lowly oppo down the road or go snort cocaine off some hot hookers bum in the Caribbean?

( not saying that’s what I’d do but it might cross my mind if I were in that position)

If you were getting a $2mil severance payout would you go work with the lowly oppo down the road or go snort cocaine off some hot hookers bum in the Caribbean?

( not saying that’s what I’d do but it might cross my mind if I were in that position)
I honestly didn't realise it was a dichotomy but you've forced my hand. I'll take the 2nd option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly didn't realise it was a dichotomy but you've forced my hand. I'll take the 2nd option.

I am not 100 % sure what a dichotomy is - but it does sound painful.
As good as the Caribbean Cocaine adventure sounds, if that is a requirement then I may stay on the couch this weekend !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd choose option (a) but I haven't had the benefit of being exposed to West Coast culture.

I think if Graham was to go to West Coast we would look within and promote Mzungu to a line coach, potentially shuffling Boyd and Corey as we do it to keep it fresh for them.
Would allow us to place Corbett on as a development coach and keep him in the club.
Simmo said his family considered Perth home, NGL I'd take him if Graham left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back