Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A coach that’s well liked by his staff, has compassion and doesnt threaten to sack his assistant coach if he attends his child’s 1st birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ever find yourself oddly wondering about Brad Hardie’s bona fides as a bloke, have a gander at this:

Every time someone’s been a snakey campaigner, guess who.

Yes agree with your summation. Just to add this morning Malthouse mentioned ABC Longmuir was impressive and heads above the others in the group who attended his lecture/session he gave as part of Level IV coaching program. Malthouse also sounded out Alcock re a Mentor for the senior coach if he is a first time senior coach. LOL think Mick might like a guernsey - and funny enough all the points he was making as to why were very good I thought.

Dale's post above has got it all.

Thought the exact same thing,
i feel like it wouldn't be the worst idea but i get the vibe he might try to control over support

Did not like his comment about listening to media noise as being part of the reason to sack Ross. He did say that it wasn't the only reason, but member and media noise shouldn’t have ANY influence on a decision such as this.
Bit disappointed really.
Bitterly dissapointed by this statement, such a cop out. If you are going to listen to Sumich campaigners and fans who have no idea what actually goes on like that guy whos not all there making petitions over sticking to what you know is right then this club will never be successful. i just hope that they're using that as an excuse because they don't want to admit the real reason

Haha, this stuff makes me laugh. If the environment was so toxic why was he there for sll 8 of Lyon's years? Sounds like typical office bitching to me.

I challenge you to go to any large organisation and find one where all the staff like the boss. You can't please everyone and if you do, yiu're not doing your job.
A lot of people say nothing in fear they lose their job.

Plus, most people like myself are pretty gutless and won’t confront issues with other people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember why Joe Lacob fired Mark Jackson at Golden State and everybody was surprised at the time.

"Part of it was that he couldn't get along with anybody else in the organization," Lacob said. "And look, he did a great job, and I'll always compliment him in many respects, but you can't have 200 people in the organization not like you."

This was Ross Lyon.

Adam Simpson has a motto at West Coast. “Family First” put your family 1st, Football 2nd. Remember Ross Lyon’s motto to the players? “Chuck your family business in the bin”

There may well be a few of these stories coming out now.

As I said in a another post. Carefully cultivated relationships with high-profile players that would serve him well PR wise but showed scant regard for anyone else otherwise.

Narcissists are toxic.

Remember why Joe Lacob fired Mark Jackson at Golden State and everybody was surprised at the time.

"Part of it was that he couldn't get along with anybody else in the organization," Lacob said. "And look, he did a great job, and I'll always compliment him in many respects, but you can't have 200 people in the organization not like you."

This was Ross Lyon.

Adam Simpson has a motto at West Coast. “Family First” put your family 1st, Football 2nd. Remember Ross Lyon’s motto to the players? “Chuck your family business in the bin”
Mark Jackson can’t get a NBA gig because of his 100% effort 100% of the time.

While, Kerr is more relaxed and in the Flow.

This was Ross Lyon.

Mark Jackson made Golden State a good defensive team and Steve Kerr build his flow offence.

Both coach influences made the Warriors the greatest team ever.

Hopefully, we can get a Steve Kerr type coach.

I would like Ratten.

A few years ago he was like Lyon and then his son died.

Through that experience has made him a more balanced person.

Plus, he has won a flag as a player and he been his Clarko through the three peat.

Last edited:
If we do go for a rookie coach, I don't mind the idea of a mentoring position being appointed.
Also depends on results, Bombers miss finals and Woosha is out? Could be available.
Voss is an interesting candidate, could have been an assistant at WC, which suggests he is more
than capable, and has experience, something that must be considered in this state given the nature of
the beast.
You would think he would kill for the job, so the process should be interesting.

Mark Jackson made Golden State a good defensive team and Steve Kerr build his flow offence.

Both coach influences made the Warriors the greatest team ever.

When did they 3 peat twice in a decade? I must have missed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back