Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bewley plays another 25 or 30 disposal game at WAFL I’d be hoping he’s putting some serious pressure on Acres to step up a level. The argument above about Conca made me laugh. I hope he is pissed off with Jlo for dropping him.
And then I hope he come back in to the side in a week or two and plays out of his skin as a nice “fu** you” to Longmuir for dropping him.
That’s exactly what should happen in any serious team.
There’s a few others who could use the same treatment too actually.
I remember GWS dropped conoglio last year coz he was sh*t, then he came back and tore it up on his first match back.

It only works for some. Conca would be one I’d guess. Some would sook and spit the dummy.

If that was any one else except Longmuir had made a comment like that you would be up in arms.
ie a some one named Ross.
The Longmuir can do no wrong brigade are certainly up and about ;)

Any idea how long you might keep up this latest posting deluge ?

Looking to plan my week

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

If that was any one else except Longmuir had made a comment like that you would be up in arms.
ie a some one named Ross.
The Longmuir can do no wrong brigade are certainly up and about ;)
Nice try SM, but the fact you had a problem with such an inane comment in the first place speaks more to your overreactions than anyone elses'

Nice try SM, but the fact you had a problem with such an inane comment in the first place speaks more to your overreactions than anyone elses'
Along with the assumption that there has been no communication behind closed doors between Longmuir & Conca but only what was said to the media.

Acres will be one of the first picked next week which is a pretty clear indication that he is doing what the coach is asking him to do. If not, Tucker, Aish or Cerra can play wing. Bewley may be ready, Walker could step up, Frederick may make a miracle recovery, Western could force his way into the 22, O’Driscoll could suddenly fire, but the clear indication is that Acres will be in that position for the rest of the season.
How do you know he's one of the first picked?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

People are forgetting that in some circles he was being considered for coach of the year with what he did with the club. With that comes greater expectations and so far we have stagnated which has led to frustration

There is a lot of monkey's claw wishing with the whole thing really.

"I wish we would become a high skilled team that can consistently hit targets in F50"

"Granted, however your goal kicking regresses significantly mitigating any gain from the efficiencies"

Those are definitely good statistics.

they are. At times we’ve looked really good until they kick for goal.
I reckon if you’d replaced Taberners kicking with the same amount of Josh Kennedy kicks we’d have at least two more wins on the board...don’t even start me on Fyfe for a dusty.

and if you couple it with this?
“Fremantle ranks No.6 in the AFL for shots on goal this season (238), ahead of top eight teams Richmond, Port Adelaide, West Coast and this week's opponents, the Sydney Swans.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One more little piece of the puzzle to fit in place.
While I’ve loved the melts and dramatic performances of the board these past few weeks, (and yes it’s been ****ing frustrating), we’re nearly there. Improve the finishing, get some class back into defence, things can turn pretty quickly.
Remembering that JL was the forward line coach that created the monster that is WC, we got this.

Might not be this year (did we really expect it to be?) but we are trending in the right direction. And if we can upgrade our forward line in the off season? Tasty

they are. At times we’ve looked really good until they kick for goal.
I reckon if you’d replaced Taberners kicking with the same amount of Josh Kennedy kicks we’d have at least two more wins on the board...don’t even start me on Fyfe for a dusty.

and if you couple it with this?
“Fremantle ranks No.6 in the AFL for shots on goal this season (238), ahead of top eight teams Richmond, Port Adelaide, West Coast and this week's opponents, the Sydney Swans.”

Further in the article, we’re ranked last in the AFL for tackles i50. Playing a forwardline of 2 talls and 4 smalls is basically useless.

get in another tall!

Further in the article, we’re ranked last in the AFL for tackles i50. Playing a forwardline of 2 talls and 4 smalls is basically useless.

get in another tall!

Where are we ranked for marks inside 50?

If we’re doing well at that, then perhaps it stands to reason that there is less opportunity or need to tackle as much?

Where are we ranked for marks inside 50?

If we’re doing well at that, then perhaps it stands to reason that there is less opportunity or need to tackle as much?
We are 2nd for Mi50. It certainly accounts for some. But to be dead last is still terrible. I tried to watch where our smalls positioned themselves when we entered 50 and was pretty appalled. The work rate to get front and square was pathetic almost every time. It's no wonder we aren't tackling i50 much, the smalls aren't getting to the contests.

We are 2nd for Mi50. It certainly accounts for some. But to be dead last is still terrible. I tried to watch where our smalls positioned themselves when we entered 50 and was pretty appalled. The work rate to get front and square was pathetic almost every time. It's no wonder we aren't tackling i50 much, the smalls aren't getting to the contests.
It's almost as if the smalls have been told to corral and push their opponents wide - it's like a deliberate attempt to avoid tackling at times. I noticed Freddy is particularly bad for this.

It's almost as if the smalls have been told to corral and push their opponents wide - it's like a deliberate attempt to avoid tackling at times. I noticed Freddy is particularly bad for this.
Yeah I really don't get it. We play 6 small forwards in our 22 and then don't crumb or pressure?!?

Also on the Mi50 v Ti50. The Dogs are #1 for Mi50 and 4th for Ti50. So clearly teams can be good at both.

Yeah I really don't get it. We play 6 small forwards in our 22 and then don't crumb or pressure?!?

Also on the Mi50 v Ti50. The Dogs are #1 for Mi50 and 4th for Ti50. So clearly teams can be good at both.
It's got to be a directive. Sonny and Switta especially should know where to be and when. Even by accident, one or two of the 6 should be in the right spot some of the time.

It's got to be a directive. Sonny and Switta especially should know where to be and when. Even by accident, one or two of the 6 should be in the right spot some of the time.

Personally I think only having 2 talls allows for a lot of intercept marks. Without that extra person capable of bringing the ball to ground, we struggle to apply pressure because opposition either mark our entry or we do. I’d love to know that stat. % marked by opposition from inside 50s.

Personally I think only having 2 talls allows for a lot of intercept marks. Without that extra person capable of bringing the ball to ground, we struggle to apply pressure because opposition either mark our entry or we do. I’d love to know that stat. % marked by opposition from inside 50s.

agree, the interceptor is rolling off some of our smalls who just want the ball over the back & the ball just isn’t getting there. Freddie Walters and Henry all play like that

agree, the interceptor is rolling off some of our smalls who just want the ball over the back & the ball just isn’t getting there. Freddie Walters and Henry all play like that

Sides don’t play as small as we do, especially in defence so most of our small forwards will have opponents much taller. We’d be directed to keep seperation from Tabs and Lobb to keep the taller opponents from intercepting or making a 2 v 1 but it’s obviously not working. It’s why that structure doesn’t work but until we have some options for all of these smalls, it’s what we’re stuck with.

I know everyone is (rightfully) peevish about our malfunctioning forward line, but I feel we did a lot of things right in that game. I keep looking at the defence. there were a lot of contested marks close to goal that would have been swatted away if we had just one of Pearce or Hamling or fearless Hughes! i reckon better spoiling would have been crucial. not blaming the players available, they just weren’t tall/big enough. They did a good job but one more proper KPD and we concede fewer marks inside fifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back