Justin Reeves resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

A
I understand your intent might not be to come across that way - but with respect, why would anyone think this wouldn't happen?
And if they do appoint a woman will you (Hardway) accept it was a merit decision or will the appointee be forever under a cloud in that case?

The guy served the club to the best of his ability over a decent period of time .

Whether you like him or not , some of the negative and dancing on the grave posts here are pretty disappointing .
Especially when he has done some good thing during his time at the club

We better be replacing him with the best available candidate, not this equal opportunity diversity nonsense.
Ironically, "equal opportunity" is a way to actually get the best available candidate. It's about making sure every candidate has equal opportunity to apply and be considered on their merits, and not excluded from consideration because of prejudicial reasons like race, age, gender, etc.

It's not a diversity quota.

It's a myth that he hated clarko.
He disagreed with the direction clarko was taking the club, but never hated clarkson as a person, and definitely no vendetta (personal opinion of course based on interactions with him - other execs who've already departed may have more of a vendetta)
Is it a myth? I've heard from a number of people they fell out pretty badly at Barossa and didn't speak for a year.

We better be replacing him with the best available candidate, not this equal opportunity diversity nonsense.
Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

No idea if he is/was any good and we'll probably never know.
Took the reins of a club that was heading for an unavoidable ego driven car crash.

The moves he made were probably well intentioned but did seem to end up adding petrol to the fire.

Jeez we need a good appointment here. Critical.

Carlton may be having a fire sale at seasons end. An experienced hand would be preferred you'd imagine.

My thoughts

1. The coach is the most important person at the club. Success on the field is the ONLY thing that matters, and the coach is the centre of all of that.

2. The CEO only has to make the books balance, and occasionally speak publicly. He just has to say all is well financially and then shut up.

3. The 1983 premiership has had a lot of publicity this year, but 2013 has not, it must be celebrated.

4. if this a step to reconciling with Clarko, then it’s the best thing that’s happened this year (apart from the great win last Sunday). How you can celebrate the 2013 premiership without him is beyond me.

Go Hawks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s a couple of things the club has pointed out

• Achieved year-on-year profits, ensuring the club’s long-term financial sustainability
  • Secured funding from all three levels of government and started work to build a world-class community, training and administration facility at the Kennedy Community Centre in Dingley Village
  • Divested the club’s gaming venues and revenues whilst ensuring ongoing football club profitability
  • Seen membership and commercial partner growth including re-signing long-term contracts with Tasmania, iiNet, Nissan, KFC and a host of others

These are very good achievements, and along with the AFLW team prospering, I think it demonstrates he was trying to take the club forward in a positive way, and in many respects did so successfully. Many clubs would kill for competent commercial/financial administration along those lines.

I know there are a couple of significant negatives, and some folks on here pointing them out. But today I am wishing him well.

Throw at the stumps… Nick Holland as the internal candidate.

Was just about to write this. No brainer for me

• Hawthorn BnF champion.
  • Been involved with numerous sporting industries.
  • Has worked in the AFL media and is great when I've heard him on radio. A PR dream!
  • Obviously is a lawyer.

The perfect candidate and he already works for the club. Sign him up!

I understand your intent might not be to come across that way - but with respect, why would anyone think this wouldn't happen?
Because the club is coming out of a tough position.
When we were seen as sexist we picked Livingstone. Don't think the club will make the wrong choice, but a chance for positive PR, many organisations will pick based on optics
Was just about to write this. No brainer for me

• Hawthorn BnF champion.
  • Been involved with numerous sporting industries.
  • Has worked in the AFL media and is great when I've heard him on radio. A PR dream!
  • Obviously is a lawyer.

The perfect candidate and he already works for the club. Sign him up!
And he's a lawyer

My thoughts

1. The coach is the most important person at the club. Success on the field is the ONLY thing that matters, and the coach is the centre of all of that.

2. The CEO only has to make the books balance, and occasionally speak publicly. He just has to say all is well financially and then shut up.

3. The 1983 premiership has had a lot of publicity this year, but 2013 has not, it must be celebrated.

4. if this a step to reconciling with Clarko, then it’s the best thing that’s happened this year (apart from the great win last Sunday). How you can celebrate the 2013 premiership without him is beyond me.

Go Hawks!
It's not, we have nothing to apologise for with Clarkson.

This is not a racist, homophobic or sex driven post.
I just think the best candidate should get the job no ifs or buts.

Okay then, that's generally how executive searches go - so the culture war comment was just pointless drivel then as I thought.

I think our club has changed for the better in his tenure. Was clear it was getting toxic under Clarko and he was a big part in getting rid of him.

Changed the club for the better? In what way?

Reeves was a big part of getting rid of a 4x premiership coach who was loved and admired by 98% of the players he coached. I don’t have a problem with Mitchell coaching but the way it was handled was messy to say the least.

Reeves also oversaw the cluster**** of a review that made Hawthorn an embarrassment to the competition. He has also destroyed relationships in the club.

He was a dud

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Reeves resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back