Justin Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid came out last year saying that "it would be irresponsible list management" to make the trade.

Now suddenly we're about to do it and to add even more salt is that we're set to pay more than Carlton wanted last year for a player who is a year older.

This and the Lever low ball mess, it screams amateur hour and the buck needs to stop somewhere.
How do you know we are set ?? If the deal is 2 x 1st rounder for Gibbs and a 2nd then in effect it's a first for Gibbs.

That's not irresponsible.

Lever deal: Tick.

Cameron for pick 12: Tick (assuming it goes through.)

Turning down Gibbs: TICK

I give his trade period an A- though so far.

Would have preferred to see us speculate on some 2nd/3rd rounder traded for some project players given our position in the draft.
What if Cameron is 18 ?? IMO if we get 12 we've robbed Brisbane blind and it's an a+

What if Cameron is 18 ?? IMO if we get 12 we've robbed Brisbane blind and it's an a+

The only reason it's not an A+ is because as I said, I'd like to have seen us do something with our later picks in what is regarded as a draft that falls away quickly in quality.

I don't see us using many late picks so would like to have seen us trade in either some older roleplayers (poppy etc), or some project players (the potential next Lynch)

Assuming Carlton don't improve a few places next year or we don't slip.
Of course, but they are unlikely to improve very much IMO and I would be annoyed not to finish top 5.

The only reason it's not an A+ is because as I said, I'd like to have seen us do something with our later picks in what is regarded as a draft that falls away quickly in quality.

I don't see us using many late picks so would like to have seen us trade in either some older roleplayers (poppy etc), or some project players (the potential next Lynch)
Edwards probably is seen as a project, and Poppy could get here yet although I'm not sure we need him. Rather Cunningham from the Swans

Edwards probably is seen as a project, and Poppy could get here yet although I'm not sure we need him. Rather Cunningham from the Swans

Poppy was just an example, frankly I have blind faith in our talent identification process so if our recruiters saw a target I'd back them in to get it right more often than not.

If they said Poppy then great, if they said Cunningham then I am sure that was the best call with the available information.

I'd just like to have seen us do something with 2nd rounders.

Surely Gibbs is not our one and only option in the league for bolstering our midfield. Why didnt we make a play for kennedy from gws? ****, half of us on this forum could do a better job than roo and his idiot mates. ****ing saddens me our incompetence.

Surely Gibbs is not our one and only option in the league for bolstering our midfield. Why didnt we make a play for kennedy from gws? ****, half of us on this forum could do a better job than roo and his idiot mates. ******* saddens me our incompetence.

Going a bit early I reckon.
A few trades usually get done on the last day.
We may even be involved in one this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Gibbs is not our one and only option in the league for bolstering our midfield.

This comment above :thumbsu:.

FortheluvofGod, why why, why haven't we been scouting and making contact with quality Mids (other than Gibbs)....for the entire length and breadth of the 2017 Season? I can understand us not securing a quality Mid over one Trade period, fair enough. But if can't manage it over two Trade periods....something is seriously, seriously amiss at this club.

Is it Reid?
Roo?
Pyke?
Someone else in the Hierarchy?

Stuffed if I know what/who, but something must be seriously bent out of shape in our Hierarchy for us not to be able to secure one quality Mid from 17 other Clubs over two Trade periods.

That (any deal) would be the club's call, not Reid alone. Give the guy a break.

Anyway, I think his "we've moved on" comment means we're not going to cave on this one.

Weve moved on to what exactly though?

If we repeat last years efforts whilst losing one, possibly two best 22 players along with a handy depth HBF, Id consider that a bigger fail than either overpaying Gibbs or not ponying up a little overs for him.

Organic growth will only wash for so long.

Surely Gibbs is not our one and only option in the league for bolstering our midfield. Why didnt we make a play for kennedy from gws? ****, half of us on this forum could do a better job than roo and his idiot mates. ******* saddens me our incompetence.
We already did. He said no. He wants to go back to Victoria, if the Blues bow out he'll still have more options to get there.

Hey that’s not fair. You obviously didn’t go to chant school - it was awesome!

16 + Cameron pick -> Gibbs and 2nd round 2018. Would take. Fairest for both clubs with huge growth for the Blues.
Yep, that's what I'm looking at. Something like to mid-late firsts and a second rounder back in 2018. Gets us in the box seat if any of the touted SA lads slip to the early second round, or if as projected, Hately.

He's gone all in this year, taken a risk and thrown his weight behind next years draft.

No problems at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back