Traded Jye Caldwell [traded with #44 and #74 to Essendon for #29 and 2021 R2]

Remove this Banner Ad

In any case I think this will be one of the later deals finished in the trade period just due to other deals going on. An eventual deal of something like pick 6 for Caldwell and 11 (assuming that's part of the Cameron to Geelong deal) as well as other moving parts could be a goer.

Caldwell was pick 11 2 years ago in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. And his value hasn’t dropped at all.

do you think Dodoro would accept a future 2nd a a pick swap ?
Playing just 11 games in 2 years, having injury issues, being uncontracted and wanting to leave are all things that decrease his value. He's probably worth a late 1st rounder but us opening the batting with a future 2nd round pick offer (likely to be a pick in the early 20s) isn't ridiculous. I'm sure a fair deal will get done.

If we offer a 5 year 500k offer that’s what we rate him as. Does anyone have examples of others that got traded around 500k mark?

As a guess 500k for me is a late 1st or Combo of 2nd + future 3rd asa estimate.

Setterfield is someone that had similar internal ratings by gws and went for a 2nd+3rd

History shows we have a good trade relationship with GWS and have always paid fair value for their players.

Shiel for 2 x 1st rounders (probably over and certainly better than what they would have got via free agency and a 1st rounder for Dev Smith. Whilst Hawthorn have traded them 3rd and 4th rounders for Patton, Scully, O'Rourke (who was a #2 pick).

I don't see this being any different. GWS will get a fair deal as they are right to expect. This constant narrative of Essendon being jerks is clickbait.

History shows we have a good trade relationship with GWS and have always paid fair value for their players.

Shiel for 2 x 1st rounders (probably over and certainly better than what they would have got via free agency and a 1st rounder for Dev Smith. Whilst Hawthorn have traded them 3rd and 4th rounders for Patton, Scully, O'Rourke (who was a #2 pick).

I don't see this being any different. GWS will get a fair deal as they are right to expect. This constant narrative of Essendon being jerks is clickbait.
Maybe in the past but not with McCartney there.

He was at the Bulldogs when we had the Stringer ordeal. McCartney wasn't there when we got Dev Smith.
He moved to GWS the following year and we had a stand off for Shiel. This won't be easy.

Maybe in the past but not with McCartney there.

He was at the Bulldogs when we had the Stringer ordeal. McCartney wasn't there when we got Dev Smith.
He moved to GWS the following year and we had a stand off for Shiel. This won't be easy.

Sure, but we paid in the end. All negotiations at that level will be an arm wrestle so it's not surprising it goes to the last minute. If we get a late first round in the Daniher deal it's likely that will go to GWS. Shouldn't be that hard.

Is our list management to be revered? Not saying it’s what will happen. But it’s actually more than he’s worth.
You can’t offer a contract like that and then short change them with the pick.
If we offer a 5 year 500k offer that’s what we rate him as. Does anyone have examples of others that got traded around 500k mark?

As a guess 500k for me is a late 1st or Combo of 2nd + future 3rd asa estimate.

Setterfield is someone that had similar internal ratings by gws and went for a 2nd+3rd
Except for the small matter that Setterfield did an ACL and only played 2 games.

How the hell will our 2nd next year be 30-40? Did you watch us play this year? Almost a lock for bottom 4.
Caldwell also wasn't a top 10 pick (Pick 11).

FWIW I rate his value similar to Saad, mid/late first.
I've assumed that by the second round the places would have been shifted by a few spots because of academies etc which if you manage to finish outside the bottom 4 makes it into the 30s. But I'd agree something 10-15 is about right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahah okay :)
You literally made the figure and then added the other bit from a dogs poster on the Dogs board.

Christ it's what? 3 years since the Stringer trade. You guys gotta move on.

You literally made the figure and then added the other bit from a dogs poster on the Dogs board.

Christ it's what? 3 years since the Stringer trade. You guys gotta move on.
Yeah you mean when he replied to my post, effectively ratifying he'd heard the same thing? Unless I have a time machine?

I don't actually give a fuurk about Essendon. My info came from GWS, hence why I also posted their offer to Caldwell.

Good try though, mate.

Yeah you mean when he replied to my post, effectively ratifying he'd heard the same thing? Unless I have a time machine?

I don't actually give a fuurk about Essendon. My info came from GWS, hence why I also posted their offer to Caldwell.

Good try though, mate.
Yes. You literally made something up, have then have had it added to by another Dogs poster and then come on here pretending it's fact.

Exactly what I said.

You can’t offer a contract like that and then short change them with the pick.

Sure we can. We’re offering him a large contract to win him over, not because it’s market value. A future second is overs. It’ll likely be pick 23 in a super deep talented draft.

Yes. You literally made something up, have then have had it added to by another Dogs poster and then come on here pretending it's fact.

Exactly what I said.
Hahahah alright mate. I’m not here to impress you so believe whatever you like. Anyone is free to go and check my posting history I guess.

Hahahah alright mate. I’m not here to impress you so believe whatever you like. Anyone is free to go and check my posting history I guess.
Well since you get "GWS mail" I'll wander over and look at your contributions to the Jeremy Cameron thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jye Caldwell [traded with #44 and #74 to Essendon for #29 and 2021 R2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back