USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when does a lowlife like you care about rape?

Your poster girl / border tsar has let hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants stream across the border - a not unsubstantial number of which have r*ped and murdered young women and girls.

People like you truly make me sick.
Do some research before you make such an abusive and offensive post like above.

2020, it is in the 2025 document, it is their current policy yet nothing from you.

He paid for ads for the death penalty of the Central Park 5 that were subsequently found innocent.

Their policy is unchanged.

You know, we can discuss current affairs without it being a constant loyalty test. The Democrats (and the Republicans) have an entire apparatus to deflect from criticism by spouting partisan speaking points, posters online don't need to as well. As Seeds makes the point with the mirror conversation going on, some things can be taken as a given.

I'm outraged by the state murdering people. That includes disappointment in the DNC removing it from their platform. That includes anger at Trump ramping them up in the dying days of his administation. What do you think my views would be on the RNC still being in favour of it and in Trump calling for it for innocent boys in the 1980s?

What I've not seen, though, is you engage on your thoughts of opposition to the death penalty being removed from the DNC platform this year. Do you have any?

Their policy is unchanged.

You know, we can discuss current affairs without it being a constant loyalty test. The Democrats (and the Republicans) have an entire apparatus to deflect from criticism by spouting partisan speaking points, posters online don't need to as well. As Seeds makes the point with the mirror conversation going on, some things can be taken as a given.

I'm outraged by the state murdering people. That includes disappointment in the DNC removing it from their platform. That includes anger at Trump ramping them up in the dying days of his administation. What do you think my views would be on the RNC still being in favour of it and in Trump calling for it for innocent boys in the 1980s?
I am not the one calling out one side on this and other policies and remaining silent when the other side is as bad or worse.

What I've not seen, though, is you engage on your thoughts of opposition to the death penalty being removed from the DNC platform this year. Do you have any?
I still haven't seen the most recent Dems platform document however if it isn't there doesn't mean they don't oppose it.

Given the experience of the Central Park 5 and a more recent one that I have been following, I oppose the death penalty.

I am not the one calling out one side on this and other policies and remaining silent when the other side is as bad or worse.

I do criticise Trump, as much as I’m sick of talking about him after ten years, but it’s never enough. I don’t have that much else to say at this point. He’s bad. I want him to **** off.

I still haven't seen the most recent Dems platform document however if it isn't there doesn't mean they don't oppose it.

I’ve sent it before but it’s here. Yes, it says that the election is a choice between Trump and Biden. Someone clearly didn’t properly do their job on “Find and replace”.

They previously articulated that they opposed it. They’ve removed that verbalisation of their opposition. It’s not that it’s disappeared as an issue either. I’m confident the majority of Democrats remain opposed to capital punishment, but there’s no doubting that the party has shifted rightward on issues such as immigration, justice and foreign affairs this election. That’s disappointing!

Given the experience of the Central Park 5 and a more recent one that I have been following, I oppose the death penalty.

Awful. Hopefully the appeal is successful.

Harris is purporting to care about Palestinians, it's an ethical and integrity issue.
... which will not swing votes to the Republicans. About all the influence it will have is disincentivising some for whom this is a prominent issue away from voting at all, as their views will not be represented by either party.

It's also near impossible to estimate the degree to which this will affect the Democrats, but it's - as stated by Ohitsthatguy - not an election issue.

... which will not swing votes to the Republicans. About all the influence it will have is disincentivising some for whom this is a prominent issue away from voting at all, as their views will not be represented by either party.

It's also near impossible to estimate the degree to which this will affect the Democrats, but it's - as stated by Ohitsthatguy - not an election issue.
Disagree. How many potential voters in swing states don't show up because of their disgust at the Democrats?

Disagree. How many potential voters in swing states don't show up because of their disgust at the Democrats?
Read the posts you quote:

It's more about Dems not showing up, rather than flipping to vote Republican. Only determinable until after the election though.

I have seen, and unfortunately I don't have a link to it, polling that showed a fair boost to the Democrats' vote if they come out in favour of Palestine compared to statistically no change if they come out in favour of Israel. In a close election, that could be a difference maker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have seen, and unfortunately I don't have a link to it, polling that showed a fair boost to the Democrats' vote if they come out in favour of Palestine compared to statistically no change if they come out in favour of Israel. In a close election, that could be a difference maker.
The problem being - politically speaking, to leave the moral behind for a moment - do you exchange that level of grassroots support for a significant amount of the funding that's currently going to you to completely switch to funding the other team?

Because the current resurgence from the Dems is courtesy not of the 'reinvigorating new candidate' and the 'energy' of the Harris campaign, regardless of what the marketing will tell you. Switching Biden for Harris caused a lot of money to drop immediately, and the wheels began to turn; it's easy to run the DNC with energy, but it and she have been promoted, non stop, ever since it happened. Every second Youtube video is an opinion channel celebrating her successes; every third is dedicated to Republican weirdness or Trump's age.

Propaganda works not because you think it's true but because you want it to be.

So if Harris chooses to turn her back on that money - knowing that the support she's getting is largely due to the donors who have paid significant amounts for her to be the candidate and on which her campaign's spin apparatus is relying to keep on message and blasting that message as broadly as they can - it's a massive, massive risk.

This is not to say that I agree with the choice as it stands. Just that Harris is probably not going to come out in support of Palestine until it's too late for that withdrawal of funding to matter, if at all.

I do read the posts I quote thankyou.How is it not an election issue?
Clearly not, because if you did you'd have seen the following:

It's also near impossible to estimate the degree to which this will affect the Democrats
, but it's - as stated by Ohitsthatguy - not an election issue.
So, let's recap.

You asked me a question in your reply:
... which was answered in the post you quoted.

... and now you're asking me a second question for which - if you wanted the answer - you could go back and reread the initial response, which is bolded above.

AP, take a breath before you reply. Consider your answer a bit more, and ensure that if you're going to ask another question it's one I've not already answered.

Game, set, match.

Turn off your pay TV.

Completely unplug it.

Or just cut the cable.

The significance of this tweet - from former Democrat Party royalty, tweeting about modern day democrat party censorship.

You don’t have to agree with RFK Jr on most things, but he 'gets' the big stuff and what is really destroying the USA.

The 2024 Democrats.

FMD..."Democratic Party Royalty"??

Is that like Kate Jesaulenko / Jess Solero / JezzasBabyGirl is footy royalty, yeah?

Of course. The Christian lobby has always been there. They managed to get a tax-exempt status, and brazenly break the conditions of it. I think most politicians pay some lip service to them to court their vote. And when they combine with the hard right, they can get concessions from the government. For myself they also piss me off, as do all moneyed up lobbyists. But all in all they are a domestic thing.
The Jewish/Israeli lobby, on the other hand, benefits a foreign nation. One that often tells the US to eff off. The pols kiss their asses more I think, because they are more influential.
I thought it was intertwined in that there is some belief in the evangelical types around the need for a rebuilt Jerusalem to trigger second coming (I probably have butchered it because the whole lot makes as much sense as the afl mrp)

More fact than opinion. You can't brush 15,000 dead kids under the carpet that easily.
In the context of an election where the two candidates on this issue are shit and shitter absolutely it is brushed under the carpet. It doesn’t move the needle

Clearly not, because if you did you'd have seen the following:

So, let's recap.

You asked me a question in your reply:

... which was answered in the post you quoted.

... and now you're asking me a second question for which - if you wanted the answer - you could go back and reread the initial response, which is bolded above.

AP, take a breath before you reply. Consider your answer a bit more, and ensure that if you're going to ask another question it's one I've not already answered.
I really don't know what you are on about. That passage says it will disincentivive some voters. It's incorrect to say it has no bearing on the election unless you have evidence of that.

I really don't know what you are on about. That passage says it will disincentivive some voters. It's incorrect to say it has no bearing on the election unless you have evidence of that.
You are still not reading the posts you're quoting. From the first reply to your post, AP:

You are your own worst enemy sometimes.

In the context of an election where the two candidates on this issue are shit and shitter absolutely it is brushed under the carpet. It doesn’t move the needle
How many muslims are there in America? About 3 million. How many people who normally vote Democrats want an arms embargo until Israel pulls out of Israel? Probably about 30 million people at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back