USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

This gives a look of a rational progressive or in other words a moderate conservative.

Perfect pick.
Heard him described as someone with a conservative profile but progressive policies, sounds about right. Also seems to be a very good communicator.

Progressives don't get nominated as the democrats usually stage manage their primaries, to get someone corporate friendly

Also what progressive things in Minnesota that Tim Walz have done that are unpopular either in his state or nationwide and/or you don't like? End of the day, he would probably be a fairly standard ALP politician here, which makes him uber progressive by many peoples standards in the US.

Even Joe Manchin (I am assuming someone you you'd be far more politically alligned with than I am) was praising Tim Walz as a great VP pick.
Manchin sees the writing on the wall. Eff him.

Israel takes down another nutter.

View attachment 2071795

And then how's this for weird. In her concession speech, Ms Bush declared: "All they did was radicalise me, so now they need to be afraid." "Aipac, I'm coming to tear your kingdom down," she added.

Weird!
Good on her. AIPACs influence needs to be curbed, as with all big money interest groups that can just throw cash at elections and swamp grassroots candidates.

YouGov poll (4-6 Aug) has Harris up by 2, which is noteworthy as it factors in other candidates, and had Trump up by 2 a few weeks ago.

Trump remained at 43%, Harris jumped up by 4% to 45, but at the expense of Kennedy (-3%) and West (-1%). Obviously some rounding there and early days, but it might signal some movement back to the Dems from people who were going to protest vote. And before picking Walz who was favoured by many progressives.

Before the nutters make stupid assumptions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean?
He sounds like and does things that many would consider masculine e.g. hunting, gun owner, football coach, he's assertive.

However, he's non threatening because he doesn't want to control women's bodies and doesn't have a history of sexual assault or language in support of it.

I'd expect odds to remain fairly tight.

Polling bump will likely continue over the next week or so, the Dems convention will also help them. It may tighten after that, especially if there's any bad economic news.

I expect Harris to win and I think she will keep shortening. Might have missed the boat with the good odds though. If I do bet then I will post it, and people should do the opposite.

Who are these posters? And why would they despise a 60 year old white guy, just because he is a 60 year old white guy?
Normally loveable blokes - think your teacher, coach, JP, bloke in the line at Bunnings, father-in-law.

Folksy demeanour bringing affability back into politics, to a spite exhausted America.

I mean there's more than that, but just some examples, versus the candidates on the other side.

Thanks for the response. Not up with the different types of masculinity. Not one of my go to subjects when bored.

I'm not up with all the different internet cultures either, but I do know that SWM is a thing and know that by reading BF. Thus my initial comment about fawning over a 60 yo white male seeming a bit creepy on this forum. Those that the comment applies to know it, and those that it does not apply to know it.

Thanks for the response. Not up with the different types of masculinity. Not one of my go to subjects when bored.

I'm not up with all the different internet cultures either, but I do know that SWM is a thing and know that by reading BF. Thus my initial comment about fawning over a 60 yo white male seeming a bit creepy on this forum. Those that the comment applies to know it, and those that it does not apply to know it.
What does SWM mean?

edit: oh, Straight White Man? There ya go, I read BF and had no idea.

I just searched 'SWM' on all BF forums and besides a company called Seven West Media the only results are the mentions we've just given it?

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back