USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

His claim to be an observant Conservative Jew took a knock on Friday, when the Philadelphia Inquirer revealed a 1993 op-ed penned by a 20 yo Josh Shapiro whilst at Uni.

Progressive democrats seeking a veep candidate that is pro Hamas, or at least sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians, who have typically been pushed to the margins in US politics.

Uh, can you tell me of any progressive Democrats who are pro Hamas? There's quite a gap from that to being sympathetic to the plight of Palestinians.

I spend a few months each year around mostly eastern states (PA, NY, DC, NJ, VA) but also some midwestern places (Illinois, Ohio, Michigan). Also spend some time each year on the west coast, which isn’t so important in this election context. I just don’t, in all my interactions with Americans that I know, see them even thinking about Palestine when it comes to voting.
As an aside, recommend the South (though probably have been if you're over there a lot). Been to the US a couple of times, 15 states I think, but quick tourism stops in each place. Spent a few weeks across LA, MS, AL, GA and SC last year. Great food, music, interesting (and sometimes depressing) history, wildlife.

Was earlier in 2023 so most political discussions with locals were about gun control, Covid, vaccines, Trump, how government worked here etc. Mostly decent sized places so I found as many people interested in how they could replicate gun control, for example, than I had disagreements with.

I haven't received my email from Kamala yet. I hope she hasn't forgotten me. I shall not believe until I receive it. The early news might be a Trump trick or one developed by Shady Vance!

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Despite Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro’s popularity in the battleground state, progressives said his policy background gave them pause, and a number of them publicly urged Kamala Harris to choose a different running-mate before she announced her decision.

In particular, Shapiro’s response to the war in Gaza had sparked criticism on the left. Progressives note that Shapiro has not embraced calls for a ceasefire in Gaza, and he made controversial comments about pro-Palestinian protests on college campuses earlier this year.

“I think what’s important is that we can’t allow peaceful protest about a disagreement on policy happening in the Middle East to be an excuse for anti-Semitism or Islamophobia on these campuses,” Shapiro told CNN in April. “We have to query whether or not we would tolerate this, if this were people dressed up in [Ku Klux Klan] outfits or KKK regalia making comments about people who are African-American in our communities.”

Progressives’ concerns about Shapiro extended beyond the war in Gaza. Last year, Shapiro backed a Republican proposal to provide Pennsylvania vouchers with $100m in private school vouchers. The issue of “school choice” has become a rallying cry on the right, while Democrats have consistently stressed the importance of investing in public education to provide more opportunities to all students.

After his pro-voucher stance attracted intense scrutiny from fellow Democrats, Shapiro vetoed the program out of the state budget. With Tim Walz as her running mate, Harris will not need to worry about progressives’ criticism of Shapiro’s record.'
Guardian live blog.

'Despite Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro’s popularity in the battleground state, progressives said his policy background gave them pause, and a number of them publicly urged Kamala Harris to choose a different running-mate before she announced her decision.

In particular, Shapiro’s response to the war in Gaza had sparked criticism on the left. Progressives note that Shapiro has not embraced calls for a ceasefire in Gaza, and he made controversial comments about pro-Palestinian protests on college campuses earlier this year.

“I think what’s important is that we can’t allow peaceful protest about a disagreement on policy happening in the Middle East to be an excuse for anti-Semitism or Islamophobia on these campuses,” Shapiro told CNN in April. “We have to query whether or not we would tolerate this, if this were people dressed up in [Ku Klux Klan] outfits or KKK regalia making comments about people who are African-American in our communities.”

Progressives’ concerns about Shapiro extended beyond the war in Gaza. Last year, Shapiro backed a Republican proposal to provide Pennsylvania vouchers with $100m in private school vouchers. The issue of “school choice” has become a rallying cry on the right, while Democrats have consistently stressed the importance of investing in public education to provide more opportunities to all students.

After his pro-voucher stance attracted intense scrutiny from fellow Democrats, Shapiro vetoed the program out of the state budget. With Tim Walz as her running mate, Harris will not need to worry about progressives’ criticism of Shapiro’s record.'
Guardian live blog.
The petulance of progressive voters, in staying home in 2016, played a major role in delivering the presidency to Trump. The MAGA GOP would have just been a blot on the political landscape.

Hopefully they can artfully pursue their progressive policies to deliver better outcomes for the disadvantaged. Targeted ads addressing the Republican lies will determine several States.

Last edited:
The petulance of progressive voters, in staying home in 2016, played a major role in delivering the presidency to Trump. The MAGA GOP would have just been a blot on the political landscape.

Hopefully they can artfully pursue their progressive policies to deliver better outcomes for the disadvantaged. Targeted ads addressing the Republican lies will determine several States.

It’s been eight years. Sanders primary voters turned out to vote Clinton in greater numbers than Clinton voters did for Obama in 2008. She lost because she was a bad candidate who ran a bad campaign. If you want people to vote for you, appeal to them, don’t just take their vote for granted and then complain that they dared not vote for you (especially after Clinton and her surrogates spent the primary making ad hominem attacks on Sanders voters).

If Kamala wants left wing people to vote for her, she should appeal to them. If she follows where Biden was going and wants to target Nikki Haley voters, then she’d have to wear the negatives of taking that road as well as any positives.

It’s been eight years. Sanders primary voters turned out to vote Clinton in greater numbers than Clinton voters did for Obama in 2008. She lost because she was a bad candidate who ran a bad campaign. If you want people to vote for you, appeal to them, don’t just take their vote for granted and then complain that they dared not vote for you (especially after Clinton and her surrogates spent the primary making ad hominem attacks on Sanders voters).

If Kamala wants left wing people to vote for her, she should appeal to them. If she follows where Biden was going and wants to target Nikki Haley voters, then she’d have to wear the negatives of taking that road as well as any positives.
So now the far left progressives need to get exactly what they want or they dont vote and deliver trump?

Thats the same as the far left voting for trump in my books.
The conservative make up of supreme court is due to far left voters who didnt show up for clinton. Its not clintons fault. Its theirs for being childish toddlers who refused to eat ice cream because they werent offered the exact flavour they wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back