USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

That picture looks awfully familiar.

piper-perri-surrounded.jpg

Thanks for the informative response. He sounds like a bloke many posters on this site would normally despise. That was my point. The way you described him sounds like a good bloke.
They dont post here anymore though

Im not sure the gotcha you want - Walz has come across as a good pick and most who have seen the simpering Democrats are finally glad t see some backbone

That's cool. It just seems weird to see some posters on this site up and about for a 60 yo white bloke.
I don't think anyone here just hates old white guys. I mean most here would univerally have very favourable opinions of Bernie Sanders.

What me and many others want is someone who is genuinely progressive, and gets shit done, way more than any other governor in the US. It is also progressive policies which are wildly popular.

Plus the previously mentioned, great communicator, positive, affable and someone who takes the fight to the republicans.

"The left" isn't a monolith.

We're not all vegan "meat is murder", no war is justified types.

I think some people on the right genuinely think (probably from the media they have consumed) that anyone left leaning only likes people who are from some diversity background or something and all white leftists hate themselves, and probably want to make the world trans.

I don't think anyone here just hates old white guys. I mean most here would univerally have very favourable opinions of Bernie Sanders.

What me and many others want is someone who is genuinely progressive, and gets shit done, way more than any other governor in the US. It is also progressive policies which are wildly popular.

Plus the previously mentioned, great communicator, positive, affable and someone who takes the fight to the republicans.
White, straight male as a pejorative. It's a real thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said, he sounds like a good bloke. Doesn't change my point about how some posters would normally despise a 60 yo white bloke.
Like who?

As a VP his gender and age arent a concern

Most have had issue with 2 men over 75 - none have had issues with anyone under 65 that I know of

White, straight male as a pejorative. It's a real thing.
I have not seen anyone on this board who discusses US politics, who dislikes politicians literally for being straight white and male. The issue is when these said straight, white males don't want to do anything aside from feather their own nests.

However some examples below:

Peter Buttigieg is a brilliant communicator, but a corporate shill when it comes down to it. He is gay, it doesn't mean he is more progressive.

Kamela is a pretty middle of the road corporate democrat. She is just being painted as some radical because a) thats what GOP/Republicans said about Joe and claim about any democrat and b) because she is black (but apparently not black enough or something) she must be radical and scary.

Obama - pretty similar policy wise to Kamela I think, fairly middle of the road democrat, just hugely charismatic and very likeable.

Basic point is being a good politician has **** all to do with whether you are male, female, black, gay, trans etc. Dems have used the diversity trick before to convince people they are being progressive, like get someone who is black to just do whatever the donors tell them.

People saw through this shit back in 2016, when corporate dems tried to make out any democrat who didn't want Hilary was just sexist or something, when the progressives all wanted Bernie Sanders.

Of course its good to have people from more diverse backgrounds, but the above is what I believe in. Get the best politicians who will walk the walk and talk the talk, and Walz has a track record for that.

I have not seen anyone on this board who discusses US politics, who dislikes politicians literally for being straight white and male. The issue is when these said straight, white males don't want to do anything aside from feather their own nests.

However some examples below:

Peter Buttigieg is a brilliant communicator, but a corporate shill when it comes down to it. He is gay, it doesn't mean he is more progressive.

Kamela is a pretty middle of the road corporate democrat. She is just being painted as some radical because a) thats what GOP/Republicans said about Joe and claim about any democrat and b) because she is black (but apparently not black enough or something) she must be radical and scary.

Obama - pretty similar policy wise to Kamela I think, fairly middle of the road democrat, just hugely charismatic and very likeable.

Basic point is being a good politician has **** all to do with whether you are male, female, black, gay, trans etc. Dems have used the diversity trick before to convince people they are being progressive, like get someone who is black to just do whatever the donors tell them.

People saw through this shit back in 2016, when corporate dems tried to make out any democrat who didn't want Hilary was just sexist or something, when the progressives all wanted Bernie Sanders.

Of course its good to have people from more diverse backgrounds, but the above is what I believe in. Get the best politicians who will walk the walk and talk the talk, and Walz has a track record for that.
Exactly, but not everyone is as rational as you. Like you, I don't give a shit about that stuff, but it is selectively applied on this forum. Just like the religious insults are applied selectively. It has to be good for discussion to point this stuff out, rather than an echo chamber with boring memes and tweets.

Anyway, I love your post as it explains your thoughts without being abusive. Kudos to you.

Progressive policies arent wildly popular. The opposite in fact. Thats why progressives dont get the nomination.

And what is wrong with woke?

Maybe you need to look up the definition.

Unless you're implying that woke equals irrational lefty, it doesn't.
I think some would argue that there are group of people who call themselves left but instead advocate for policies that are anti merit, racist and sexist because they dont believe in individualism and universal rights and simply dont understand capitalism but instead believe in moral relativism, collectivism, that peoples behaviour should align with their race and sex and that responsibility passes down family bloodlines and sex rather than stopping at the individual.

And many call these people/policies woke. I.e. when people complain about woke they arent actually complaining about left wingers. They are complaining about an ideology that is so rightwing that it has now been rejected by conservatives as even too outdated for them.

Although the name itself doesnt actually matter if you want to use woke for a different description. If so you still need a label for these people/policies described above because its this group that people are complaining about.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back