USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea. Sounds like something you just made up.
For someone ‘supposedly’ so widely read and researched you sure do miss a lot.

In his post on Tuesday, Trump hurled his typical rhetoric, including name-calling, as he targeted Harris, Biden and others: "What are the chances that Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST President in the history of the U.S., whose Presidency was Unconstitutionally STOLEN from him by Kamabla, Barrack HUSSEIN Obama, Crazy Nancy Pelosi, Shifty Adam Schiff, Cryin' Chuck Schumer, and others on the Lunatic Left, CRASHES the Democrat National Convention and tries to take back the Nomination, beginning with challenging me to another DEBATE."

Trump continued, "He feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the U.S. Presidency, a COUP, to the people in the World he most hates, and he wants it back, NOW!!!"

Not really. Trump doing things on a nuclear level, 1000s of things which would end any other politician or public figure, doesn't mean every little thing that anyone else does is at the same level.

Its usually those defending Trump that come up with the false equivalences.

This influencer stuff is a non-issue to me, its politics and you are campaigning to win, you use what you have at your disposal to achieve that. It's not illegal to do what they are doing or even morally wrong. Sure you can think its cringe or wont work, but there is nothing inherently bad about it or hypocritical etc.

Attacking the Dems for this would is like claiming someone who thinks Ted Bundy is evil is hypocritical as they haven't condemned someone arrested for J-walking.
Recently learning more deeply what McCarthy was doing in the 1950s, and getting away with it for awhile, it is easy to see how Trump did. Little trivia fact, Cohn was lawyer for both.
Seriously, I knew McCarthy was trash, but was sincerely surprised by how he was an even bigger PoS than I had thought.

Recently learning more deeply what McCarthy was doing in the 1950s, and getting away with it for awhile, it is easy to see how Trump did. Little trivia fact, Cohn was lawyer for both.
Seriously, I knew McCarthy was trash, but was sincerely surprised by how he was an even bigger PoS than I had thought.
McCarthyism was bipartisan. He wears a lot individually considering how much help/support he got.

Trump did about as much as you could without bipartisan support.

For someone ‘supposedly’ so widely read and researched you sure do miss a lot.

In his post on Tuesday, Trump hurled his typical rhetoric, including name-calling, as he targeted Harris, Biden and others: "What are the chances that Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST President in the history of the U.S., whose Presidency was Unconstitutionally STOLEN from him by Kamabla, Barrack HUSSEIN Obama, Crazy Nancy Pelosi, Shifty Adam Schiff, Cryin' Chuck Schumer, and others on the Lunatic Left, CRASHES the Democrat National Convention and tries to take back the Nomination, beginning with challenging me to another DEBATE."

Trump continued, "He feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the U.S. Presidency, a COUP, to the people in the World he most hates, and he wants it back, NOW!!!"

Probably the biggest, most clear Trump projection of all time.

Spoke too much about Trump. Got laughs, but took away from the forward-looking message.
I thought it was just right.

Need to get back voters who voted for him but switched to Trump in 2016.
Read a study about this some time ago and it was about 8 Million votes.

Opposing genocide really doesn't seem that unreasonable.
Sadly, the act of protesting genocide in Gaza has been taken by some (some participants; some commentators) as being necessarily anti-Israel or even anti-Semitic. Similarly supporting Israel has been taken by some to be Islamophobic.

It is blight on our society when everything is reduced to binary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its here somewhere Steve - I know I put it in a safe place

I suspect what they will "really find" when they dig deep is that Obama was born. In Hawaii.

He says Obama will interfere with elections for the next 25 years. He does realise that speaking in favour of a candidate is not election interference? Doesn't he? Oh well...

“Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population."-Albert Einstein.
Many were/are intolerant of 80+ million Americans expressing themselves at the last Presidential election and believe that expression should have been ignored/overridden.

I assume you agree that this is a significant threat to the types of freedom you speak of.

I know the Democrats have been going for a big tent, but including Death Squad supporters while under Biden they’ve supported a genocide (which Kamala hasn’t really shown a sufficient intent to break from) leaves a pretty bad taste in the mouth.

I know the Democrats have been going for a big tent, but including Death Squad supporters while under Biden they’ve supported a genocide (which Kamala hasn’t really shown a sufficient intent to break from) leaves a pretty bad taste in the mouth.

Thats the beauty of a big tent - you can choose to step out

I dont think anybody here likes every policy or decision made by the Democrats and many have argued for and against them

Unlike the kool-aid drinkers on the he who cant be mentioned side who must fall lock step into whatever batshittery spouted out

McCarthyism was bipartisan. He wears a lot individually considering how much help/support he got.

Trump did about as much as you could without bipartisan support.
I'm thinking more of his bullying and threatening of colleagues to not criticize or oppose him. The fact free grandstanding, brazenness, and duplicity. Like Trump I think he got as far as he did because he was breaking norms and he had at least tacit support from his own party.
I'm sure he had sympathizers on the Dem side. There was an undercurrent of fascist, anti-semitic, nationalism in pre and post war years. But the Reps let it go it seems until too many of their own got attacked and hurt. I am most amazed at the depths of that movement in US politics. It gets brushed under the carpet in history classes, even in college.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back