Kangaroos all set for four games in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but its a chicken and egg argument. Its because of our ability to draw crowds that we are in the position to play at a ground big enough to hold us and in a timeslot that TV stations prefer.

gaelictiogar is correct. You arrogance is deplorable.

Why should Collingwoods marketing potential be allowed to effect any other clubs marketing potential?

I mean, let's take it a step further and why bother pretending to have a fair and even competition in the first place?

You argue against fair and equal grounds on the one hand and then point your finger at the victims of this situation and proclaim that they are a cancer on the competition!!!!!!

Can you see how completely mind numbingly ridiculous that argument is?

The more we make, the longer you stay on life support. I guarantee that we'll draw a lot more than 30k to the Essendon game in a few weeks time, and some of the money made in that game will trickle back to North.

It's also a reverse chicken and egg argument Tim.

There's no doubt that we could grow better as a club and generate bigger sponsorship revenue if we weren't forced to forgo these time slots.

This argument is circular, no matter which route you take you will always end up biting yourself on the back side.

I think everyone - Tiger, Magpie, North whatever - should realisethat Vic fans which means US - benefit from having North in Melbourne. When my team play North "away" I want to be able to go and see it. Not have it is hobart or Timbuktu.

Vic fans should be behind north staying in Melbourne if only for selfish reasons.

I think everyone - Tiger, Magpie, North whatever - should realisethat Vic fans which means US - benefit from having North in Melbourne. When my team play North "away" I want to be able to go and see it. Not have it is hobart or Timbuktu.

Vic fans should be behind north staying in Melbourne if only for selfish reasons.
A valid point, lost on many of the nose-pickers who swarm all over Bay 13, salivating at the 'inevitability' of North relocating.

Its not arrogance, its frankness. If you dont like it, take your bat and ball and put me on ignore.

1) Actually, it's deluded stupidity.

2) Yep, no point in wasting my time any longer.

Yes, with a view to eventually playing 11 games in Tassie. If you keep hunting around for quick fixes and chopping and changing you eventually will die.

Nah.

I'm comfortable in the knowledge that you aren't real cluey and the situation will work itself out.

North to Tassie for a good decade or so @ 2.5-3 mill x 4 games per year, whilst we build up in Ballarat.

Then 4 games a year in Ballarat.

Unless, of course, it turns out to be yet another idea that Collingwood poach off us.:rolleyes:

The ultimate LOL will be watching the whining of the big 4 flogs if the interstate clubs ever get hold of the reins of power and start wiping VFL flags etc off the map.

All it takes is a couple of less Melbourne clubs and someone like another Wayne Jackson in power.

If the game ever goes totally free market then Collingwood will become a competition midget, and people like Tim will have to choke on their own free market poison as they get slowly diluted by the interstate giants.

Does he honestly expect ex supporters of extinct Melbourne clubs to teach their kids to follow Collingwood?

Then again, he's actually probably deluded enough to believe that.

Yes, with a view to eventually playing 11 games in Tassie. If you keep hunting around for quick fixes and chopping and changing you eventually will die.
No. And I've told you why not.

Relocating a side to Tasmania is just a plain stupid, stupid idea.

And yet you continue to push that barrow. Why I wonder?

No. And I've told you why not.

Relocating a side to Tasmania is just a plain stupid, stupid idea.

And yet you continue to push that barrow. Why I wonder?

Because I dont see any other way out for them. Long term it wont matter if a Tassie club is a relocated club or ground-up build. Either way they'll have to work really hard over 15 -20 years to make it work. Just because you're told me I'm wrong doesnt make it so.

Do you think I have a vested interest? Because I dont.

Because I dont see any other way out for them. Long term it wont matter if a Tassie club is a relocated club or ground-up build. Either way they'll have to work really hard over 15 -20 years to make it work. Just because you're told me I'm wrong doesnt make it so.

Do you think I have a vested interest? Because I dont.
Actually I think it is more the opposite.

You don't particularly care about either North Melbourne or for Tasmanian footy, so pushing such a poor option - which has little benefit to either party - is no big deal for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we had Collingwoods draw we would make up the CBF in sponsorship dollars alone, so you are not in a position to lecture anyone.
You made that up. You don't know what financial impact it would make. I suspect you are wrong because your club does not ask for this.

Anyway, I'm not lecturing you or anyone else. What happens to North depends on what you do not what I think.

1) Actually, it's deluded stupidity.

2) Yep, no point in wasting my time any longer.

Nah.

I'm comfortable in the knowledge that you aren't real cluey and the situation will work itself out.

North to Tassie for a good decade or so @ 2.5-3 mill x 4 games per year, whilst we build up in Ballarat.

Then 4 games a year in Ballarat.

Unless, of course, it turns out to be yet another idea that Collingwood poach off us.:rolleyes:

10-12 million a year you think? Even if this is just a mis-print, I seriously doubt you will get anywhere near the financial windfall that Hawthorn has gotten out of Aurora...

And of course you are just stating in this post that the plan is to come in and plunder the Tassie riches until YET ANOTHER option becomes available

Richmond, you are welcome :thumbsu:

The concessions we make in the draw help Collingwood generate those dollars.

You pay us rent for the privilege.

You can't paint a picture without having the canvas to paint it on in the first place.

Collingwood pay $nil/nothing/zilch/squattt ... they get the benefits & rely on ALL clubs to fund this largesse ... Brad, stop repeating this tripe, get it right.
Maybe you lot should cut to the chase. The # of members in Melbourne town, the bums prepared to sit on the seats, the # of sponsors .... there is a message & you all know it.

Games against Gold Coast, West Sydney, Fremantle and Port Adelaide in Tassie, picking up a guaranteed $400-500k a match, aswell as extra members, merchandise and sponsorship, but also allowing Melbourne based supporters to still go if they make the travel. It's a logical decision. We make at most $50k from our Melbourne matches, and they're against the top drawing clubs. It's just not enough money. They need to fix the stadium deals otherwise we're forced to play games in Tassie or Ballarat or where ever. The very reason why we've played in Sydney, Canberra and the Gold Coast beforehand. This isn't pro-relocation, get that straight people.

10-12 million a year you think?

No. Only a complete idiot could comprehend that.

And of course you are just stating in this post that the plan is to come in and plunder the Tassie riches until YET ANOTHER option becomes available

The other option that moves us on would be Tasmania's first stand alone team.

Games against Gold Coast, West Sydney, Fremantle and Port Adelaide in Tassie, picking up a guaranteed $400-500k a match, aswell as extra members, merchandise and sponsorship, but also allowing Melbourne based supporters to still go if they make the travel. It's a logical decision. We make at most $50k from our Melbourne matches, and they're against the top drawing clubs. It's just not enough money. They need to fix the stadium deals otherwise we're forced to play games in Tassie or Ballarat or where ever. The very reason why we've played in Sydney, Canberra and the Gold Coast beforehand. This isn't pro-relocation, get that straight people.

No one is going to pay Paddy Wac, who did you have in mind to bankroll this dream of yours, a dream ... was that a white knight out there somewhere?

Are you dinkum: It's a logical decision

Actually I think it is more the opposite.

You don't particularly care about either North Melbourne or for Tasmanian footy, so pushing such a poor option - which has little benefit to either party - is no big deal for you.

Thinking about whats best for Aussie Rules footy, not the small picture sherb, you got the idea, big picture stuff .... thought: too many teams in Melbourne thats why millions each year go into stumping them up ... sherb, you there sherb?

Big picture stuff like a quick question: how long since a Victorian held up an AFL cup for the Blues, thats the national comp, but go on, how long since a Vic held up any silver ware for the bluebaggers ... duck, weave, go for the interchange ... sherb????

Put him on ignore. Complete goose.
Thanks for the compliment Brad, the truth hurts doesn't it. For what its worth, are you a member, do you attend games or do you sit back on your PC allday everyday trying to justify your club ? I know what its like, its crap, but its better to have something than nothing.

Even the Hawks don't have a deal where they play four non-Victorian teams in Tassie.

If I was a North member I'd be questioning if the board has really done everything they possibly can for the club to survive in Melbourne. It's only 2 years since the Gold Coast debacle and already they're heading back to the ways of the old North board. Have the board delivered on their promises they made 2 years ago?

North have tried selling games interstate to multiple venues before and every time it has been a dismal failure, for North and the interstate venue. North are still in financial difficulty so it hasn't solved that problem, they still have poor membership/attendance numbers so it hasn't solved that problem either. What happens to North (and Tassie) if Tassie is a failure too?

can't this thread be locked yet?

with today's press that they're targetting ballarat, they clearly aren't going to hobart.

furthermore, people keep bandying about these stupid figures as to how much north could get paid per game in hobart when there is no one down there with the money to pay them.

this whole 24 page thread is built on a myth. north will not be playing games in hobart unless they're prepared to take a risk - the TCA and Clarence City Council might hand over the ground, signage and catering for free... but they haven't got the money to pay them. certainly not in the order of $300k, 400k, 500k per game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos all set for four games in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back