Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it does. It's just fox footy now.
Does it have the cricket and other sports?
You know you don't have to pay 25 bucks for those 2 packs . You can get pop and sport for 15 + 29 respectively = $44.
This is more expensive the Kayo though? I'm not interested in whatever the pop pack offers so I won't watch it

While I doubt it, maybe you have more dollars than sense. Thankfully I have both.
Yeah, the guy calling everyone else poor because others use a service he says is more expensive makes them jobless and poor. Makes a lot of sense. Good logic. I'm sure you're floating in cash. Even if you are, which I don't believe, you're still a douchebag for what you said. You enjoy your budget sports with no epg, I assume no cloud dvr or recording of any kind, 2 screens and FTA sport coverage for 420 for 3 screens. Lol.

2 screens only? You mean compared to the 1 screen that most people watch Foxtel on?

Except if needs be, as part of my Foxtel package I get Foxtel Go so I can have it on up to 5 other devices if I'm out and about.

I can record stuff to the iq box, I can set up to record remotely from anywhere, I can check a guide on my phone.

I can press a button and record every Geelong game only, every F1 race.

Yeah, I do. The plan I signed up to offered it. Free foxtel and sports hd with the iQ3 which I upgraded to iQ4.

18 months into the 24 month contract they started charging an extra $44 or so and after waiting 3 months of being told "Yep it will be fixed and show on your next bill" I took them to the TIO as there only solution was to sign a new 24 month contract and I got a credit for $1, 030. Telstra aren't great for customer service, they are downright awful to deal with, but it's still a good deal.

Since I get it for free, I also mainly use YouTube TV which has a fair few games on it, and Philo TV which has better shows and channels than any other service I have seen for $23 aud a month or $16US. Check them out.
I was just talking to.my wife about the deal we were on with Telstra. Turns out we were also on $99 For internet and Foxtel. Problem was, Fox sports wasn't included, which is all we use Foxtel for. So we had to pay extra for Fox Sports and even more on top of that to get it in HD.

Even after haggling for months, threatening to leave and then eventually leaving we couldn't get the price down to anywhere near what I'm paying now.

Since changing internet providers and moving to Kayo we are saving roughly 50 bucks a month.

I was just talking to.my wife about the deal we were on with Telstra. Turns out we were also on $99 For internet and Foxtel. Problem was, Fox sports wasn't included, which is all we use Foxtel for. So we had to pay extra for Fox Sports and even more on top of that to get it in HD.

Even after haggling for months, threatening to leave and then eventually leaving we couldn't get the price down to anywhere near what I'm paying now.

Since changing internet providers and moving to Kayo we are saving roughly 50 bucks a month.

Yeah, that's the deal I was on, $99 for unlimited internet and basic foxtel with iq3 but I got sports and hd and speed boost for free, which got removed 18 months into a 24 month contract and contacted the tio and got a lump sum credit for $1,030. Or $1,060 can't remember. But dealing with telstra is no fun. I won't argue with anyone about that.

As we close in on the footy season the HUN will offer something up. For the past 2 years it was $9 or $10 per week on a 12mth contract for a full online HUN subscription plus 12mths of Foxtel Now with the Sport pack.

Yeah, that's the deal I was on, $99 for unlimited internet and basic foxtel with iq3 but I got sports and hd and speed boost for free, which got removed 18 months into a 24 month contract and contacted the tio and got a lump sum credit for $1,030. Or $1,060 can't remember. But dealing with telstra is no fun. I won't argue with anyone about that.
Well good on you I guess. As I said, we were never offered that and haggled for months before leaving so it must not be a common thing.

I'm much more pleased with the deal I'm on now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foxtel NBN unlimited with full HD Foxtel Platinum tv, $154 per month. Foxtel Go on 5 other devices and an IQ box.
This might sound like a good deal for people that watch Foxtel, but for someone that only uses it for sport it seems very expensive.

I think I pay about half of that for my internet and kayo

Kayo will work out great value for me. Cricket ODIs are on, Kayo free trial. Cancel until Round 1 of AFL. I can afford Foxtel but I'm honestly just sick of paying them all year round for something I barely make time to use. If I hadn't needed Fox to watch WCE games in Victoria I would never have bothered. Wife liked it for the movies etc but for what we were getting out of it it was just terrible value.

This might sound like a good deal for people that watch Foxtel, but for someone that only uses it for sport it seems very expensive.

I think I pay about half of that for my internet and kayo

So half is $77 per month, take off $25 for Kayo and that leaves $52 for your internet.

Full HD platinum Foxtel basically costs me $55 per month. I have a wife and two daughters, it's great value for us. The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Ray Donovan, Footy, F1 and a few other selected shows that we watch together or individually for the cost of a slab or 10 pots / middies down the pub per month or 10 or 11 coffees.

I don't smoke, I punt one day of the year ($200 on the AFL GF), I very rarely drink alcohol and I don't drink coffee.

Someone put me onto something on here the other day (in the Foxtel thread on the Media and Entertainment board), it's an app that's already on my smart tvs so I've signed up for that and am exploring it, it does have an AFL channel, all the big American sports (if you're into them), all the shows we currently watch on Foxtel plus 1,000s of domestic channels from various countries all over the world and heaps of movie channels (I'm not sure how legit these ones are, I watched First Man yesterday and there are dodgy copies of A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody on there)

I'll work it out over the next month and see if it's going to be worthwhile long term. I can drop Netflix and Amazon Prime then and perhaps Foxtel down the track although I've got such a good deal on Foxtel that it may just be better to keep it.

So half is $77 per month, take off $25 for Kayo and that leaves $52 for your internet.

Full HD platinum Foxtel basically costs me $55 per month. I have a wife and two daughters, it's great value for us. The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Ray Donovan, Footy, F1 and a few other selected shows that we watch together or individually for the cost of a slab or 10 pots / middies down the pub per month or 10 or 11 coffees.

I don't smoke, I punt one day of the year ($200 on the AFL GF), I very rarely drink alcohol and I don't drink coffee.

Someone put me onto something on here the other day (in the Foxtel thread on the Media and Entertainment board), it's an app that's already on my smart tvs so I've signed up for that and am exploring it, it does have an AFL channel, all the big American sports (if you're into them), all the shows we currently watch on Foxtel plus 1,000s of domestic channels from various countries all over the world and heaps of movie channels (I'm not sure how legit these ones are, I watched First Man yesterday and there are dodgy copies of A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody on there)

I'll work it out over the next month and see if it's going to be worthwhile long term. I can drop Netflix and Amazon Prime then and perhaps Foxtel down the track although I've got such a good deal on Foxtel that it may just be better to keep it.
As I said, it is probably good value for someone that watches Foxtel.

My kids are still quite young so they don't mind what they watch. My wife and I don't really watch anything like the walking dead etc. So for us, paying 25 a month opposed to 55 for stuff we aren't going to use wouldn't make sense, although I can see how it makes sense for your family.

WTF? It's a sports streaming service for people who want to watch sport, why would we care there's no Netflix style content on there?
Sounds like Mick was on the piss last night and went on a bit of bigfooty rant. All he managed to do was make a fool of himself.

It’s sport, you know, something that attracts a premium price. Anyone comparing the price of this to Netflix is an idiot.
I know right. Bird man did it. I just pointed out how flawed that comparison was lol.. But because you and he like this service you pretend I made the comparison. Lol. I see stupid people. Everywhere.

I'm not the one who compared it to Netflix dopey. I just pointed out how flawed that comparison from bird man was.
I never claimed it had the same content as Netflix. That's just ridiculous.

The question was whether you had to watch it on a small screen and I said you were able to cast it, just like netflix
First I've heard of it but looks awesome. I was always happy to pay 20-25 for sports, it was more the principle of having it gated behind other rubbish content (i.e. the 'basic' foxtel package) that made me cancel my Foxtel.

It's not limited to small screens right? It can be used in a regular browser and streamed to a TV?

Will it have literally every AFL game as per Foxtel?
Not limited to small screens, it works just like Netflix would.

It's pretty clear right there mate,

Not once did I suggest it had the same content as netflix or that it was the same price. Lay off the glass barbie!

I'm not the one who compared it to Netflix dopey. I just pointed out how flawed that comparison from bird man was.

He was clearly comparing the functionality of being able to watch both on big screens.

Comprehension isn't your strong suit obviously.

The fact remains, I never made the association with this service to Netflix as I was accused of doing, I replied to someone who did. Whether he was referencing screen compatibility being just like Netflix or not is irrelevant to me. He made the reference first, I responded to it.If you don't like that response.. Cool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back