Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

finding out that Kayo does not mean you get all of the Foxtel Sports channels; Kayo does not have Foxtel 511 Europsort

Add SkyRacing too, although suppose there’s the FTA channel as a (inferior) option.

Is the JLT series on Kayo?

I'm going to switch from Foxtel go, just the timing.

I want to know this also

I have a nvidia shield coming in the mail. excited to be able to watch AFL, living in Adelaide

Yeah, for sure. That is why I got it to be able to watch any AFL or cricket I want. The UFC and a bit of Poker on ESPN is a little bonus to me. Could not give a shit about all the american Super Bowl and other yank shit on there, but there is loads of stuff on there I do not even watch and still feel just getting all the cricket and footy I want is awesome. Enjoyed waking up early last week and realising how easy it is just to find and click on West Inidies v England Test and find what going on live and then scrolling back to bits I want to watch like Poms collapsing in a heap. In sporting heaven right now. All I need now is for Carlton to actually play good.....lol

I have a gen 1 Chromecast in my lounge and the gen 2 Chromecast in my bedroom and Kayo works on both so I'm very interested to know why yours isn't working.
After reading your post i tried it again and it worked. I think the reason it wasnnt working on the Superbowl game was because it was being broadcaste in 4k and old cromecast couldnt handle it.

Anyway it works for other stuff like AFL replays and live stuff, so good times.

After reading your post i tried it again and it worked. I think the reason it wasnnt working on the Superbowl game was because it was being broadcaste in 4k and old cromecast couldnt handle it.

Anyway it works for other stuff like AFL replays and live stuff, so good times.
Hang on. As far as I know, Kayo does not transit in 4K (yet). If the Superbowl was broadcast in 4K I assume Kayo only showed it in HD? Thus your Chromecast should have worked?

And why does the Kayo site say that you must have Chromecast Ultra when that is clearly incorrect?

chromecast.JPG

Good question. Based on everything I've read I am going to assume live only. They have no bells and whistles or even a program guide.

They have a program tv guide. But no on demand. If you looking for just the footy, then it's not your best choice, but if your looking for every sport on planet earth for a decent price, then its your choice.

Hang on. As far as I know, Kayo does not transit in 4K (yet). If the Superbowl was broadcast in 4K I assume Kayo only showed it in HD? Thus your Chromecast should have worked?

And why does the Kayo site say that you must have Chromecast Ultra when that is clearly incorrect?

View attachment 615365

They don’t broadcast in 4K (although I suspect they might in the future)

On older Chromecast’s it’ll run the stream at 720p regardless if the original is 1080p

I've posted this before, but I'll post it again - the sports documentary series from ESPN "30 for 30" is just unbelievably good.

You have to like (American) sports though, or at least put aside your own ignorance and/or biases long enough to enjoy the content. They aren't solely about great winning teams, they resonate on a broader, more human level.

TBH, it's stuff I think the AFL could do a lot more of. Sure, we don't have the economics and production capacity that a behemoth like ESPN has, but it would be great to see more sports docos about Australian sports.

And working my way through last season's AFL games, (selecting alot of Lions' games unsurprisingly! :D ) is also good viewing. Been with Kayo for a few months now and rate it pretty highly - I don't own a TV and live in a tiny rural community, so Kayo has been a big winner for me :)

They have a program tv guide. But no on demand. If you looking for just the footy, then it's not your best choice, but if your looking for every sport on planet earth for a decent price, then its your choice.

How long have you been with them? How do you pay for it (I assume you don't want to give them your credit card details?)

I've posted this before, but I'll post it again - the sports documentary series from ESPN "30 for 30" is just unbelievably good.

You have to like (American) sports though, or at least put aside your own ignorance and/or biases long enough to enjoy the content. They aren't solely about great winning teams, they resonate on a broader, more human level.

TBH, it's stuff I think the AFL could do a lot more of. Sure, we don't have the economics and production capacity that a behemoth like ESPN has, but it would be great to see more sports docos about Australian sports.

And working my way through last season's AFL games, (selecting alot of Lions' games unsurprisingly! :D ) is also good viewing. Been with Kayo for a few months now and rate it pretty highly - I don't own a TV and live in a tiny rural community, so Kayo has been a big winner for me :)

Does kayo have all the 30 for 30s or just the main episodes (is does it have all the short films too?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched a AFLW game today, quality is decent but would get occasional drops in bitrate for a short time.

Not sure if its because its over wifi or an issue with Kayo.

Watched a AFLW game today, quality is decent but would get occasional drops in bitrate for a short time.

Not sure if its because its over wifi or an issue with Kayo.

I'm streaming live NBA games atm with NBA League Pass and it never drops out despite having a much higher quality stream than Kayo. I am of the belief that they are still tinkering with Kayo. I used Foxtel Now last year for the footy and it didn't drop out like Kayo has been doing for me at the moment.

You have misinterpreted what above means here. It does not mean “above this text”, it means a Chromecast device of a higher specification than Chromecast Ultra.

It would be like saying:
- available on Windows 8.1 and above
- available on macOS 10.12 and above
- available on Google Chrome 70 and above

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back