Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a mate who has Kayo and a normal chromecast to stream, says it works perfectly however on their site it says you need chromecast ultra? Can anyone shed some light on this? If it streams better on ultra than happy to get this however don’t want to spend the extra if I don’t need to.
Ultra or 3rd generation Chromecast work.

I have a mate who has Kayo and a normal chromecast to stream, says it works perfectly however on their site it says you need chromecast ultra? Can anyone shed some light on this? If it streams better on ultra than happy to get this however don’t want to spend the extra if I don’t need to.
I've got a Gen 2 and an Ultra. Works fine on both

Went out and treated myself to a Chromecast Ultra. Will probably give the Kayo trial a go during JLT. Then when my Telstra contract finishes up in Oct/Nov this year, I'll probably switch to Kogan or whichever company gives me the best deal and jump on Kayo.

The Ultra works up to 4K, so when Kayo starts offering the Cricket in 4K and eventually all other sports follow suit then you'll be laughing. It's mainly just for future proofing. Best question would be do you have a 4K TV?

Will the GF be shown on Kayo? And if so will it be in 4K?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I think I read the GF is the only game that won't be shown but it definitely won't be in 4K, nor will anything else be in the near future.

Anyone know when the PS4 app should come out? It's my only option for watching it on a larger screen

It’s being worked on, alongside an app for the Xbox One, Android TV OS, and LG and Samsung TV’s (they don’t use Android TV OS).
I’ve not read anything regarding if or how they’re prioritising the development of the different platforms, or if they’re working on them all concurrently.
I’d be surprised if it wasn’t ready for the start of the season proper. I imagine they’d be gunning for the start of the preseason comp so they’re effectively paid to have people beta test these apps in preparation for the true deadline.

Until then, though, why not opt for a Chromecast? I assume you have a smartphone/tablet and a TV with HDMI inputs, so you’ll be good to go. They’re relatively inexpensive, and are much easier, in terms of turn-on-time and the UI, compared to console apps (speaking from experience with other streaming apps like Netflix and Stan). So even when they release the PS4 app, you would still be using the Chromecast and not allowing it to be a waste of money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could get some things to work on my older chromescast but could not get any of the AFL games/ shows etc to work. ive stuck with Fox for now, they have given me HD sports and the new IQ4 box for the same price as Kayo. Fox will have to continue at same price in future or will just go to Kayo no matter what and bite bullet and get a chromescast ultra. All good.

This thing needs a PS4 app. Who uses a laptop to stream live sport?
I watched the Australia v India one dayer that way. The laptop itself has a way to project the whole thing on a smart tv so did that. I tried it with HDMI connection a day before then realized could do it without the need for cable the next day. Looking forward to seeing massive amount of UFC on ESPN on weekend, then footy season will be the real gain for me. Cancelled my AFL Live subscription and Stan too. $25 a month spent on this what I wanted from Foxtel all along. Only ever wanted Fox Cricket and Footy channels basically but happy ESPN has quite a few poker tournaments on it and a lot of UFC this year. I am in sporting heaven. All the sports I want to see is on it.

It’s being worked on, alongside an app for the Xbox One, Android TV OS, and LG and Samsung TV’s (they don’t use Android TV OS).
I’ve not read anything regarding if or how they’re prioritising the development of the different platforms, or if they’re working on them all concurrently.
I’d be surprised if it wasn’t ready for the start of the season proper. I imagine they’d be gunning for the start of the preseason comp so they’re effectively paid to have people beta test these apps in preparation for the true deadline.

Until then, though, why not opt for a Chromecast? I assume you have a smartphone/tablet and a TV with HDMI inputs, so you’ll be good to go. They’re relatively inexpensive, and are much easier, in terms of turn-on-time and the UI, compared to console apps (speaking from experience with other streaming apps like Netflix and Stan). So even when they release the PS4 app, you would still be using the Chromecast and not allowing it to be a waste of money.
do you know when the runtime is going to be better on things like teltra TV and the likes, was terrrible tbh

My understanding is that the first gen chromecasts do work with Kayo but only output 720p.
I'm not entirely sure about the older ones. I think they work but may have some issues. Think I also read that the older ones don't do 1080p, but don't know for sure.

I have a first gen Chromecast and I was streaming the BBL in 1080p seamlessly.

I'm streaming to my TV for the first time now and I got a warning on screen that my old chromecast only does 720p.
Bizarre. was the warning from Kayo software, TV or the chromecast?
I did not get such warnings. I'm using an original Chromecast on a hisense 75p7

Trialling Kayo for the cricket ODIs. Working great on my laptop, I'll probably get a Chromecast in time for footy season unless they release a Samsung TV app.
Was paying $117 a month for Foxtel with HD, sports, movies, docos etc. Once footy starts I'll be paying Netflix $14, Kayo $25 = $39. May need to download the odd thing like Game of Thrones or certain movies/docos but it's a hell of a saving and it's _nearly_ as good. Actually been really enjoying all the different content on Netflix.

Aussie Open on or what? wtf happened. We used to get games galore on fox. Could press the old red button and have 8 games to choose from on one channel.

Will be bricking Fox Sports head quarters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back