Kdfl - 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no towners in the best team mate?

I would add L.Kenny and Ralph from ardy to the extended bench.
There should be 1 maybe 2 VT players in the side but I would have D.Freeman as captain as he show great leadership and is my darky for the medal.

Watched the Rushy Stanhope game on weekend, Rushy were very impressive don't think there would be a team as hard at the ball than them. Big Soloman was at his dominating best, while Ryan Patten and Pappin stood out for Stanhope.

Bodzy just wondering how you guys beat Undera, what was the key to beating them. Who tagged who, what was Undera's weakness. You guys might of just had a day out with all 21 contributing, think other teams might like to have a insight on how you beat them. Well done.

Bodzy just wondering how you guys beat Undera, what was the key to beating them. Who tagged who, what was Undera's weakness. You guys might of just had a day out with all 21 contributing, think other teams might like to have a insight on how you beat them. Well done.

In one word 'PRESSURE'

We applied lots of pressure i thought, especially in our forward line, where they found it hard to run the ball out. It was goal for goal all match and played in good spirit. Young Floata got the job done on Laporta keeping him to 2 goals. We matched up really well on them right across the field and we always made a contest around the footy. And yes we had 21 contributors. Stoertebecker was a stand out performer for Undera with several clearances. I think they missed Spiro on the wing and his brother plus Moon was out but hey, we're 8th on the ladder, they were undefeated and its not like they don't have a good 2's team to pick players from as there up the top as well.
I don't know if they took the match lightly or whether or not they just had a bad day, but we definitely had a good day and we probably had our best side in. We worked really hard non stop for the whole match....
Maybe some one from Undera could give their perspective?

In one word 'PRESSURE'

We applied lots of pressure i thought, especially in our forward line, where they found it hard to run the ball out. It was goal for goal all match and played in good spirit. Young Floata got the job done on Laporta keeping him to 2 goals. We matched up really well on them right across the field and we always made a contest around the footy. And yes we had 21 contributors. Stoertebecker was a stand out performer for Undera with several clearances. I think they missed Spiro on the wing and his brother plus Moon was out but hey, we're 8th on the ladder, they were undefeated and its not like they don't have a good 2's team to pick players from as there up the top as well.
I don't know if they took the match lightly or whether or not they just had a bad day, but we definitely had a good day and we probably had our best side in. We worked really hard non stop for the whole match....
Maybe some one from Undera could give their perspective?

That's a good effort to write that report Bodzy, must have been early to bed yesterday, like I'm guessin about lunchtime.

A wise man once said "You get to your destination quicker if you walk straight and don't stumble to both sides of the road"

That's a good effort to write that report Bodzy, must have been early to bed yesterday, like I'm guessin about lunchtime.

A wise man once said "You get to your destination quicker if you walk straight and don't stumble to both sides of the road"

haha, i'm 'guessing' you saw me somewhere.... Fair to say we celebrated the win...

bit quiet on this board as of late...
wat are peoples prediction on the final ladder at the end of the year?
I've done a bit of research on the run home for the finals contenders.

The ladder currently sits at.
Their run home with my prediction of wins in bold
Nagaz 54 Avenel, Merrigum, Undera, Gig
Undera 50 Murch, Avenel, Nagaz, Merrigum
Lanky 44 Rushy, Stanny, Merrigum, Tally
Stanny 32 Merrigum, Lanky, Tally, VT
Rushy 32 Lanky, Tally, VT, Murch
Murch 32 Undera, Gig, Ardy, Rushy
Mez 28 Stanny, Nagambie, Lanky, Undera

I can't see merrigum slipping in, playing the top 4 in the last 4 rounds. Nagaz probably won't lose again. Rushy have hit form in the past few weeks.
Possible final ladder

Nagaz 66
Undera 62
Lanky 60
Stanny 44
Rushy 44
Murch 40
Merrigum 28

Murch could still get in, a 50-50 game between Stanhope and VT could see Murch go in for Stanhope if they get delt a blow from Lanky and lose a fiar bit of %

Should be a very interesting 4 weeks coming up!

Watched the Rushy Stanhope game on weekend, Rushy were very impressive don't think there would be a team as hard at the ball than them. Big Soloman was at his dominating best, while Ryan Patten and Pappin stood out for Stanhope.

Aint he one of the best country big man of all time :thumbsu: I remember watching him at Seymour when I was kid and then we had the pleasure of competing alongside him with the mighty Yea Tiges in 2005 which was one of my biggest thrills. To weekly see him go about his business was amazing at times, even at his age, but to then see how excited he still got about finals footy is something I hope the KDFL Tigers get to experience in 2009.

How has big Jono's season gone? Has he missed many games?

Aint he one of the best country big man of all time :thumbsu: I remember watching him at Seymour when I was kid and then we had the pleasure of competing alongside him with the mighty Yea Tiges in 2005 which was one of my biggest thrills. To weekly see him go about his business was amazing at times, even at his age, but to then see how excited he still got about finals footy is something I hope the KDFL Tigers get to experience in 2009.

How has big Jono's season gone? Has he missed many games?

i dont think hes missed to many games, constantly in his teams best and kicks goals up fwd when hes not in the ruck, from what i saw of him he still has a lot to offer.

Remaining matches for teams hunting for the final 2 spots in the 5:

Bold writing indicates a win

Stanhope: Merrigum, Lancaster, Tallygaroopna, Violet Town = 10W 8L 40pts

Rushworth: Lancaster, Tallygaroopna, Violet Town, Murchison = 10W 8L 40pts

Murchison: Undera, Girgarre, Ardmona, Rushworth = 10W 8L 40pts

Merrigum: Stanhope, Nagambie, Lancaster, Undera = 7W 11L 28pts

Violet Town: Girgarre, Ardmona, Rushworth, Stanhope = 10W 8L 40pts

I’m hoping Merrigum can knock of Stanhope this weekend though.
My tip is that 4 teams will finish on 40pts and % will be really close by that stage. If Stanhope win this weekend then I’d back them in as a certainty for finals as their % is already a little better than the rest.

As for the top 3, I thought Lancy and Undera were the hardest teams we played against in the first round of games, but second time round I'd say Nagambie are extremely fitter and Undera have dropped off a tad. Not sure about Lancy.... Dark horse come finals I reckon

Can anyone tell me anything about Calum Curtis. I believe he is playing with Tally after being with Shep Bears for a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from wat i watched on saturday rushy want to hope they dont make finals. they where beaten in every part of the game against lanky. one credit to them was they never looked like giving in and they have some decent players in their group. Kid clark at center half back had a good battle all day with eddy they were even by the end of the day, the goals eddy got there wasnt much he could do about them. from wat i gather he doesnt realise the abiltiy he has. Lanky looked like they are starting to find the form they need to try and give the top two a shake. there forward line seems to be dangerous when they play the 3 tall and mitchell with busch at their feet and their backline is full of run. the only thing they struggled with saturday is in the middle they dont win enough ball out of the middle. and with the blokes they have in there they should be winning more. Word is tht Howard will play this week. he could be the difference from wat i am told as long as they can keep him on the park. will be intersting to watch them against stanhope this weekend. u would think saunders will play for stanhope this weekend and they still have some quality players so it should be a good game.
Any thoughts about Lanky?
Is it a two horse race or can they give it a crack?

Lanky's my dark horse - wouldn't be surprised to see a Nagambie-Lancaster grand final. Who's in fourth position on the ladder at the moment?

Lanky's my dark horse - wouldn't be surprised to see a Nagambie-Lancaster grand final. Who's in fourth position on the ladder at the moment?

stanhope is in fourth so the weekend should see where they are at against lanky.
i would have to agree with u about the grany and also hope u are right.

Here's mine:

Backs: Parsons (Lan) Freeman (murch) Thompson (gig)
Half Backs: Connally (merr) A Clarke(rushy) Campbell (Und)
centres: S.Vourgalis (und) Burnett (lanc) Scarcella (merr)
half fwds: Eddy (Lan) Fantani (ard) Fidock (Und)
forwards: Pell (Und) Rattray (nag) Laporta (und)
Followers: Clydesdale(nag) Paulke (nag) Stoertebecker (und)
Bench Roberts (Lan) McDonald (gig ) Brooks (Ave)

Reckon Duckworth from Avenel deserves a spot, had a good year and has seen plenty of it with the footy being down his end a great deal this year.

would have thought undera and nagam almost certainties for granny. both have smashed every team, including lancy, and dont appear to have a weakness. both fit, run the ball well, disciplined and even acrooss the ground. sorry hasa, dont think you guys are fit enough mate.

VT knocked Undera off. Like I said, wouldn't be surprised to see Lanky in the grand final, but I would be surprised to see Nagambie lose it.

VT knocked Undera off. Like I said, wouldn't be surprised to see Lanky in the grand final, but I would be surprised to see Nagambie lose it.
Hate to say it boys but finals footy is a different kettle of fish, any of the five teams that make it on their givn day can win, but u would think it would b nagz and undy lancy to choke, ha ha, just jokn they will serioulsy challenge

stanhope is in fourth so the weekend should see where they are at against lanky.
i would have to agree with u about the grany and also hope u are right.
Was just lookn back at the sides when stanhope and lancy last met stanhope will have, hally,hansford,sanders,hoota,clymo, and sloany that didnt play against them and lancy had hausler i think, hopefully we can be very competive against a top side as we havnt done all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back