KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2011..
Girgarre to narrowly miss out on the finals by % after a big recruiting spree, Ron Burls to take over the Umpires (leading to a greatly improved Umpire's end of Season break-up :D), Longwood to win 3-4 games in the seniors, and Murchison to make a real charge for the flag making the KDFL the most even it's been in years.[/
QUOTE]

Sparra as Tav has already tried to point out to you the above quote is about 2011, the rest of Cletus' response was about this year.

Now listen here little tacker, I know what I read and I thought my reply was quiet reasonable, but if you blokes are going to gang up on me I will have to back down.

I know Jaxbax will come on and bag me and tell me to grow some aggots, but I have never been good with words when confronted with two modern age guys.

Bit hard to see that cocko with 6 games left and with Murch 2 games behind VT

Hey Sparra, pretty sure he was referring to season 2011 (which is what the question asks).. And given how they've gone this year it may come to fruition.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for backing me up about my predictions for 2011 (Girgarre are due for a change in fortune and 2011 could be the time it happens), although they aren't Nostradamus like in their accuracy, they're a reasonable stab in the dark even if they seem like a fitful dream.

But sparra. Murch do play Violet Town in Round 18 this year, and that game will decide 5th spot one way or another.

I would like to state that the opinion expressed in this post was purely a personal opinion and not from any club or official of that club.
I do appreciate that umpires are volunteers who give freely of their time to officiate on weekends, and that we could not have a game if they did not continue to do so

Interesting to watch the third eighteen match at Stanhope today. I can now understand the frustration at the local umpires felt by Murch players and supporters a couple of weeks ago... when the umpire is applauding the home team goals it doesn't give a lot of confidence to the opposing team! It won't do the Stanhope boys any good when it come to the finals because they may have to earn their kicks!

And I thought that Murch were the only ones to get the rough end of the pineapple when it comes to Umpires at Stanhope:(, a few of the Undera fellas have said exactly the same thing about this (2nds & 3rds) so it wasn't just a bad run put a patten of behavior.

But, that being said any side who plays them at home should realize that the umpiring will in all likelyhood be Pakistani umpires in Pakistan bad, and such should work around it, and make allowances for it, regardless of how frustrating it may be.

And I thought that Murch were the only ones to get the rough end of the pineapple when it comes to Umpires at Stanhope:(, a few of the Undera fellas have said exactly the same thing about this (2nds & 3rds) so it wasn't just a bad run put a patten of behavior.

But, that being said any side who plays them at home should realize that the umpiring will in all likelyhood be Pakistani umpires in Pakistan bad, and such should work around it, and make allowances for it, regardless of how frustrating it may be.

Very dissapointing Wayde - i would have expected a lot better from you. Lets take your statement one step further and suggest that the reason you have failed in so many cricket grand finals is because you get nuetral umpires in finals. Calling the kettle black perhaps? Or is just other clubs that have the problem with home umpires?

The old home umpire chestnut is out again, and it is the same people jumping in with their expert comments. Most people realise that more clubs are being asked to supply umpires each week and they are hard to find. Interesting to see a new wanna be in Deeman hiding behind a tree and letting the odd comment go. Everyone knows what the alternative is if these umpires cant be found.

I have kept out of this because Saturday was the first game i had seen in four weeks, but most people on here know i am one of these cheating Stanhope umpires. Simple rule to follow. I am a little prick with a whistle and abuse me once you will get away with it. Abuse me twice and you will get a fifty. Give me what for a third time and you confirm yourself as a brain dead drop kick who blames all their shortcommings on someone else because it is easier. This goes for both sides, and i have had plenty of abuse from Stanhope players.

The best judge of how you go as an umpire is if Pugs Francis went easy on you. And he went easy on me.

Rattles ran the show on Saturday. and Rattles is no fan of Stanhope.

Wayde, you snuck in a little comment about Undera complaining about Stanhope umpires this year. We played them at Undera and Razor ran the show so what are you on there??

On other clubs and there preparedness to supply umpires. Rushworth on four occassions were to supply umpires against Stanhope but couldn't find anyone to do it, so they asked us to do it. No problem - gets the game going. But if you cant be stuffed putting your own umpire up, dont criticise the one you end up with.

A couple of seasons ago Murch asked two of us to do a reserves game against Ardmona because they would not put up their own umpire. Ronnie, Dick and Wayde had no problem that day.

Lancaster have Wayno who is the biggest cheat in the game, but at least he puts his hand up. Lancy used to have the two best club umpires in Frank and Benny.

Razor has been doing Undera games for a while and is not to bad. Played a lot of footy with Ray and there is not much he doesnt know about the game.

So Lancastralia, Cletus, Deeman, Boofa, Lastline, Crocket and everyone else who has been on here over the years bagging umpires your opinion will carry more weight when you have had the balls to umpire a few club games.

Until then.....shut the f*** up.

Shane - if you feel you have to clean this up then do so but i hope you leave as is.

To everyone else - apologies for any spelling and grammer mistakes but blind as a bat at the moment.

Mainland - get back quick buddy

Very dissapointing Wayde - i would have expected a lot better from you. Lets take your statement one step further and suggest that the reason you have failed in so many cricket grand finals is because you get nuetral umpires in finals. Calling the kettle black perhaps? Or is just other clubs that have the problem with home umpires?

The old home umpire chestnut is out again, and it is the same people jumping in with their expert comments. Most people realise that more clubs are being asked to supply umpires each week and they are hard to find. Interesting to see a new wanna be in Deeman hiding behind a tree and letting the odd comment go. Everyone knows what the alternative is if these umpires cant be found.

I have kept out of this because Saturday was the first game i had seen in four weeks, but most people on here know i am one of these cheating Stanhope umpires. Simple rule to follow. I am a little prick with a whistle and abuse me once you will get away with it. Abuse me twice and you will get a fifty. Give me what for a third time and you confirm yourself as a brain dead drop kick who blames all their shortcommings on someone else because it is easier. This goes for both sides, and i have had plenty of abuse from Stanhope players.

The best judge of how you go as an umpire is if Pugs Francis went easy on you. And he went easy on me.

Wayde, you snuck in a little comment about Undera complaining about Stanhope umpires this year. We played them at Undera and Razor ran the show so what are you on there??

On other clubs and there preparedness to supply umpires. Rushworth on four occassions were to supply umpires against Stanhope but couldn't find anyone to do it, so they asked us to do it. No problem - gets the game going. But if you cant be stuffed putting your own umpire up, dont criticise the one you end up with.

A couple of seasons ago Murch asked two of us to do a reserves game against Ardmona because they would not put up their own umpire. Ronnie, Dick and Wayde had no problem that day.

Lancaster have Wayno who is the biggest cheat in the game, but at least he puts his hand up. Lancy used to have the two best club umpires in Frank and Benny.

Razor has been doing Undera games for a while and is not to bad. Played a lot of footy with Ray and there is not much he doesnt know about the game.

So Lancastralia, Cletus, Deeman, Boofa, Lastline, Crocket and everyone else who has been on here over the years bagging umpires your opinion will carry more weight when you have had the balls to umpire a few club games.

Shane - if you feel you have to clean this up then do so but i hope you leave as is.

To everyone else - apologies for any spelling and grammer mistakes but blind as a bat at the moment.

Well said there Forty One:thumbsu:, at least your out there putting it on the line and having a crack. Chin up Mainland, bad time for the Stanny pub closing down;)

Hey Sparra, pretty sure he was referring to season 2011 (which is what the question asks).. And given how they've gone this year it may come to fruition.

Thanks for backing me up about my predictions for 2011 (Girgarre are due for a change in fortune and 2011 could be the time it happens), although they aren't Nostradamus like in their accuracy, they're a reasonable stab in the dark even if they seem like a fitful dream.

But sparra. Murch do play Violet Town in Round 18 this year, and that game will decide 5th spot one way or another.[/QUOTE]

Now I am going to make this as simple as I can Clitus!

VT are 2 games ahead of Murch with 50% more with 5 games to go.

We are not worried about a round 18 showdown for 5th spot, but are more realisticly looking at this coming week against Stanhope to maybe snare 4th spot.

I am more dissapointed in the fact that I won't be there to watch what should be a great game.

We (Nagambie) hosted Rushy at home on a wet deck Saturday and whilst the scoreboard may appear to indicate it was all one way traffic, that certainly wasn't the case. In the end we got home by about 9 goals but had Rushy kicked straight (7.15) they could have put themselves in a winning position.

Although we got out to a 5 goal lead by halftime and were able to keep the margin for most of the afternoon, Rushy were in it until about 10 minutes into the final quarter. They got some momentum early in the last and were able to peg the margin back to about 4 goals and some may have thought an upset was on the cards before a couple of goals from Woodsy put the game out of reach.

Our best were probably Pottsy, Paulke and Ant Haysom through the middle, Morrie was creative up forward and Danny Haysom made a welcome return after a month off. Rushy on the other hand were best served by Johnston who went forward after halftime and created heaches with his strong marking and long kicking. Martin (8) and number 3 (not sure who he is) got a heap of ball in middle, and Drew Clarke was swung from defence to attack and then into ruck and played well.

Rushy's depth probably just a bit light on in order to match it with the top sides for mine. Their top half dozed seem to be really good but in my opinion it falls away quickly after that.

Massive game for us this week, we have Lancy up there and they've been in white hot form of late. The winner of this one should sure up a spot in the top 2 and give themselves a little breathing space.

I remember that game. Wayno up one end and the stanny umpire at the other, the were both calling frees and fiftys from both ends, the game ended up being a game between the umps on who could give the most goals in frees. was a joke in the end
Cant remember which ump won in the end.

Also that was the only game Wayno umpired, Lanky normally use Scratta.

Just thought i would talk about some footy and finals contenders..

The Ladder

Undera 52
Lanky 52
Nag 52
Stanny 48
VT 44
Murch 36

Fairly tight up top, I think Murch would be very lucky to get in imo. As someone said above, 2 games and 50% as a shit load to catch up on. But then again, looking at VT's run home, they could drop off the pace and be overtaken by the hoppers.

The Run Home

Undera Tally,Ardy,Gum,Stanny,Nag
Lanky Nag, Murch, Avenel, Rushy, Bye
Nag Lanky, VT, Gig, Longwood, Undera
Stanny VT. Gig, Longwood, Undera, Tally
VT Stanny, Nag, Murch, Avenel, Rushy
Murch Rushy, Lanky, VT, Gig, Longwood

Looking at the VT, could lose possibly 4 of those 5, thats why saturdays game is so crucial. Stanny could be equal top if they didnt drop Avenel, but can get it back if they get over Undera. Who knows we might have the top 4 sides all on equal points come the end of the season. It exciting that we don't know the make up of the final 5 at this stage like previous years.

Its that close Undera could be a game clear on top with 2 rounds to go, and finish 4th, huge game this week for our Top 3 chances though, doesn't get much tougher than VT over there.

Some bad luck out of Saturdays game with both sides losing two in form players I would assume for the rest of the season. Steve Thomson was probably best on until his jaw was broken in a tackle, and Simon Harrison breaking both bones in his leg to probably end his career, no malice in either incident.
Also the Matty Trist lookalike in Michael Orr being unable to keep up!!, and doing his hammy didnt help Lancy's cause

Week off was tops, good to have a rest. Interesting results on the weekend which throws us to the top, couldn't have asked for anymore and now our destiny is 100% controled by our selves.

The improvement in Stanhope must be significant and no doubt come rd 19 it's going to be a much stronger side than the one we beat by 13 goals.

Interesting to note the review on Rushworth by the Nagambie bloke, they didn't give a whimper when playing against us! It couldn't have just been a bad day, 32 goal wins aren't just a matter of a once off you would think.

Anyway very tight heading into the ladder part if the season and it's the time of year you always wanna play.

Third Paragraph 2nd sentence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thought i would talk about some footy and finals contenders..

The Ladder

Undera 52
Lanky 52
Nag 52
Stanny 48
VT 44
Murch 36

Fairly tight up top, I think Murch would be very lucky to get in imo. As someone said above, 2 games and 50% as a shit load to catch up on. But then again, looking at VT's run home, they could drop off the pace and be overtaken by the hoppers.

The Run Home

Undera Tally,Ardy,Gum,Stanny,Nag
Lanky Nag, Murch, Avenel, Rushy, Bye
Nag Lanky, VT, Gig, Longwood, Undera
Stanny VT. Gig, Longwood, Undera, Tally
VT Stanny, Nag, Murch, Avenel, Rushy
Murch Rushy, Lanky, VT, Gig, Longwood

Looking at the VT, could lose possibly 4 of those 5, thats why saturdays game is so crucial. Stanny could be equal top if they didnt drop Avenel, but can get it back if they get over Undera. Who knows we might have the top 4 sides all on equal points come the end of the season. It exciting that we don't know the make up of the final 5 at this stage like previous years.

Can see where you're coming from, we do sort of appear to be sitting in limbo in the middle there in 5th, 2 games and 50% clear of 6th and 1 game from 4th. For mine though, I definitely see us in with a shot to win all 5 of our last games. 1st time round, we had a lesser side than we currently do and had more shots on goal than Stanhope and lost by 7pts at their home ground and against Nagambie, it was 3 straight goals that seperated us at the end of the day. And as for Murch, both teams had a heap out from memory and we won by 25 - 30pts at Murch. Avenel and Rushy we beat convincingly.

Should be an absolute cracker of a match at VT this Saturday against Stanhope. Both of us managed to get a couple of handy footballers before the June 30 deadline. They've managed to match it with everyone in the comp except for Undera and Avenel and we on the other hand haven't been able to snare a win against a top 4 team yet. We've beaten Stanhope a few times at VT in last few years and we're very keen on moving up the ladder as I'm sure they will be to. Should be a great build up and a great contest that could go either way and will probably be under 2 goals as a margin come 5pm Saturday afternoon.

Yer would have to agree with you there hank when steve went off we lost our way and we played right into ur hands. full credit to u boys u were better on the day.
we came out of that game not that well but the good news is that steve has had two plates put in his jaw and he is recoverying well. the doc has told him that there should be no reason why his season is over which is great news for us.
orry seems to think he had a good 5 meters on u wen his quad gave way has well hank haha.
pass on all the best to simon it didnt look good on saturday not wat u want to see anywhere let alone on a footy field.
another big game for us this weeekend so hopefully we can bounce back and hopefully get u blokes out of tht top three!

Its that close Undera could be a game clear on top with 2 rounds to go, and finish 4th, huge game this week for our Top 3 chances though, doesn't get much tougher than VT over there.

Some bad luck out of Saturdays game with both sides losing two in form players I would assume for the rest of the season. Steve Thomson was probably best on until his jaw was broken in a tackle, and Simon Harrison breaking both bones in his leg to probably end his career, no malice in either incident.
Also the Matty Trist lookalike in Michael Orr being unable to keep up!!, and doing his hammy didnt help Lancy's cause

Yer would have to agree with you there hank when steve went off we lost our way and we played right into ur hands. full credit to u boys u were better on the day.
we came out of that game not that well but the good news is that steve has had two plates put in his jaw and he is recoverying well. the doc has told him that there should be no reason why his season is over which is great news for us.
orry seems to think he had a good 5 meters on u wen his quad gave way has well hank haha.
pass on all the best to simon it didnt look good on saturday not wat u want to see anywhere let alone on a footy field.
another big game for us this weeekend so hopefully we can bounce back and hopefully get u blokes out of tht top three!

Haha, maybe half a metre, that was only because I wasn't prepared to stride out and test mine out;).

Good news about Steve that he may get back this year.
Simon has a couple of crutches to play with for 8 weeks so he is happy about that:D

Interesting to note the review on Rushworth by the Nagambie bloke, they didn't give a whimper when playing against us! It couldn't have just been a bad day, 32 goal wins aren't just a matter of a once off you would think.

Here's a tip Tige, spend some time up here or get the local rag sent to you. Rushworth's senior side was disgraceful against Undera but their wins have not been flukes including defeating the favourably drawn Tally by three goals and with no less than seven U18 eligible players on the ground. Rushworth also disposed of Murchison at Murch (Take note Wade as round 16 comes before 18!). It's a young side full of local kids who were within three kicks of Nagambie mid way through the last quarter at both meetings. So is a 32 goal loss a one off? Check the season's results and educate yourself.

Here's a tip Tige, spend some time up here or get the local rag sent to you. Rushworth's senior side was disgraceful against Undera but their wins have not been flukes including defeating the favourably drawn Tally by three goals and with no less than seven U18 eligible players on the ground. Rushworth also disposed of Murchison at Murch (Take note Wade as round 16 comes before 18!). It's a young side full of local kids who were within three kicks of Nagambie mid way through the last quarter at both meetings. So is a 32 goal loss a one off? Check the season's results and educate yourself.

gee, must've hit a nerv.

.... most people on here know i am one of these cheating Stanhope umpires.
That's the truth of the matter.

It's pretty easy to hide behind the lack of umpires in country leagues as a reason for you influencing your will on a matches outcome.
In the cases I've seen, your ability to totally ignore any wrong doing by a Stanhope player and ping the next opposition player for the exact same thing is second to none.
In fact, in one instance Wayne O'neil grabbed a whistle and ran out onto the other end of the ground to try and make as many ludicrous decisions, just to try and give the umpiring some balance.
Noticeably you remember that game because of the absurdity of the decisions he was making. Ironic, really.

Saying that clubs who don't have a ready made whistleblower have to put up with crap, one-way umpiring and in the meantime STFU because there is a shortage of umps, is a complete and utter cop-out.

If you want to do both teams such a favour and run out onto the field so they can have a kick, then at least have the decency to leave your allegiances at the gate.

If not, then accept that opinions like mine and others who have watched these games aren't going to change.

You can keep your tips pal. I'm pretty honest in assesments and if that rubs you the wrong way so be it, I think Nagambie are a really well drilled proffessional unit and Expected them to be more dominate. It's irrelevant really for 2010 anyway, hopefully you blokes improve a bit in 2011.

It's pretty easy to hide behind the lack of umpires in country leagues as a reason for you influencing your will on a matches outcome.
In the cases I've seen, your ability to totally ignore any wrong doing by a Stanhope player and ping the next opposition player for the exact same thing is second to none.
In fact, in one instance Wayne O'neil grabbed a whistle and ran out onto the other end of the ground to try and make as many ludicrous decisions, just to try and give the umpiring some balance.
Noticeably you remember that game because of the absurdity of the decisions he was making. Ironic, really.

Saying that clubs who don't have a ready made whistleblower have to put up with crap, one-way umpiring and in the meantime STFU because there is a shortage of umps, is a complete and utter cop-out.

If you want to do both teams such a favour and run out onto the field so they can have a kick, then at least have the decency to leave your allegiances at the gate.

If not, then accept that opinions like mine and others who have watched these games aren't going to change.

Not putting those apostrophies in has cost me!!
Most of your points would be ok if you didn't feel the need to twist the story. Wayno was asked on the Friday night to umpire the game and he did the whole game. He didnt jump on the ground after it started to even things up and you bloody well know that.

Also - i only ever umpired one Lancy/Stanhope game so i am not sure you are thinking of the correct umpire.

And finally - hope to see you umpire in the near future. Next topic.

I haven't bagged umpires for years, I simply thought they were bloody terrible the day our thirds played your mob. I genuinely think it's a tough gig and don't envy the job but realise that we need them. We have Doug Tuhan who does the job for us and i think most people will agree that he is more than fair, if not a little biased towards other sides to escape any short of ridicule.

Not sure what cricket has to do with it Stokesy? It's footy season, and the reason we've struggled in cricket grannies is probably more to do with weight on shoulders and tightness around the neck than umpiring..

What are people's thoughts on the pending application of Wunghnu to the KDL? Interesting to hear old Bolter's thoughts on it, seeing he didnt have much time for the league or its executive last year when he was in charge of Ardmona.

Could not have said it better myself!!

What are people's thoughts on the pending application of Wunghnu to the KDL? Interesting to hear old Bolter's thoughts on it, seeing he didnt have much time for the league or its executive last year when he was in charge of Ardmona.

With Wunghnu in the KDL could coax the big name of C Sharkey to a possible return to his old club!

You can never have too many KP players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back