KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people's thoughts on the pending application of Wunghnu to the KDL? Interesting to hear old Bolter's thoughts on it, seeing he didnt have much time for the league or its executive last year when he was in charge of Ardmona.

I think most clubs would be all for another 1 or 2 byes a year. Surely they dont think that the KDFL is that far below the PDFL NW division that they might actually be competetive. Bolter did himself no favours at Ardy, nor at Wunghnu when he come out early in the season saying they'd win games, whats the closest they have come to any side? About 110 points from Blighty when they were second bottom...

I think most clubs would be all for another 1 or 2 byes a year. Surely they dont think that the KDFL is that far below the PDFL NW division that they might actually be competetive. Bolter did himself no favours at Ardy, nor at Wunghnu when he come out early in the season saying they'd win games, whats the closest they have come to any side? About 110 points from Blighty when they were second bottom...

Surely not, Top 5 in KDL would have all the NW sides measure imo, they may think they will be a chance against Ardy and Longwood?

Surely not, Top 5 in KDL would have all the NW sides measure imo, they may think they will be a chance against Ardy and Longwood?

Maybe organize some practice matches against the top sides in NW Picola leauge next year Hank:D, when you take over the roll from Patto:eek: at Mainland to really find out if you can stand up against them;)

Maybe organize some practice matches against the top sides in NW Picola leauge next year Hank:D, when you take over the roll from Patto:eek: at Mainland to really find out if you can stand up against them;)

Nah think I might give it a miss, not sure I could put up with the blokes in the twos whinging about not getting a game:eek::D

The finals venues are:

Qualifying final: Undera (Saturday, August 28).

Elimination final: Nagambie (Sunday, August 29).

Second semi-final: Lancaster (Saturday, September 4).

First semi-final: Ardmona (Sunday, September 5). (Pending Netball courts)

Preliminary final: Tallygaroopna (Saturday, September 11).

Grand final: Mooroopna (Saturday, September 18).

Nah think I might give it a miss, not sure I could put up with the blokes in the twos whinging about not getting a game:eek::D

The finals venues are:

The finals venues are very interesting and even more so if Ardy don't get the ok with the netball courts as that will be played at Stanhope.

That could easily mean the first four finals could have Senior teams playing at home, will the league swap games on the same weekend so this doesn't happen or are they locked in?
If a side finishes higher on the ladder and you are playing them on their home deck you could probably swallow that, but think there will be some unhappy campers if sides are playing opponents that finished below them on the ladder and have to travel and play on their ground.

In the past few years a senior team never played at home they always swapped them, could be interesting if Naggaz play Undera in the qualifying though or Lanky vs Stanny as you suggested may happen harro

My tips for this round:

Girgarre vs Merrigum (12pts)
Lancaster vs Nagambie (8pts)
Longwood vs Ardmona (1pt)
Rushworth vs Murchison (10pts)
Undera vs Tallygaroopna (70pts)
Violet Town vs. Stanhope (9pts)

Far out what a round! Really can only see the one possible blow out. The rest should genuinely be under 5 goals... I've got my fingers crossed for Rushy to get the job done at home...

The finals venues are:

Not one final at Murchison?????? Seriously, from what most people say here, its one of the best grounds in the league. Does the league have ANY IDEA?!?!?!?!?! It has nothing to do with gate takings from my point of view but surely you'd want to play finals on the best grounds, what a joke - AGAIN!

My tips for this round:

Girgarre vs Merrigum (12pts)
Lancaster vs Nagambie (8pts)
Rushworth vs Murchison (10pts)
Undera vs Tallygaroopna (70pts)

Far out what a round! Really can only see the one possible blow out. The rest should genuinely be under 5 goals... I've got my fingers crossed for Rushy to get the job done at home...

C'mon James, swap the Murch vs Rushy result and the Stanhope vs VT result :thumbsu::D We'll be one game closer to you guys after this week..(i don't think it'll make a sh1t of difference at the end of the season but it's good to see you're worried ;))

Not one final at Murchison?????? Seriously, from what most people say here, its one of the best grounds in the league. Does the league have ANY IDEA?!?!?!?!?! It has nothing to do with gate takings from my point of view but surely you'd want to play finals on the best grounds, what a joke - AGAIN!

Pretty sure the finals are based on a rotation system, so every club gets to host a final.

They might be giving Murch a wide birth due to the health issues associated with the changerooms.

All run on a rotational basis, who has the best ground/location/amenities doesn't come into it, may help to get the better finals (as with Tally getting the Prelim this year). Gives everyone the opportunity to make some money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All run on a rotational basis, who has the best ground/location/amenities doesn't come into it, may help to get the better finals (as with Tally getting the Prelim this year). Gives everyone the opportunity to make some money.

Thats more or less what I said Hunk.

Good luck for tomorrow, but hopefully it will be a dissapointing day for your side.

What are people's thoughts on the pending application of Wunghnu to the KDL? Interesting to hear old Bolter's thoughts on it, seeing he didnt have much time for the league or its executive last year when he was in charge of Ardmona.

From what I know, Wunghnu are a really dirty pack of footballers. I would not be supportive of their bid to join our league.

I agree. Murch would easilly have one of the best grounds in the league.

No worries, fair call....i was a bit enebriated when i typed that..

Fair go Bodzy, :mad: We beat them last time mate and over at their deck. Agree it should be close, best team on the day will win.

After seeing your nutritional intake of lunch today, I would now be leaning towards Stanhope very heavily, parden the punt.:eek:

some interesting result this weekend boys (if there is any female bloggers ) and girls .
Tally taking it right up to Undera . The Violet Towners just missing out against us and Rushy doing a number on Murch and of course Ardy getting over the Longwood redlegs , Carrot if your still kick'n would like to , and I know I'm going to regret this . But it would be good to hear your thoughts . You have been mising in action for a while and I'm a little concerned that someone saw you in that cowboy hat and shot you , all the while mistaking you for JR Ewing off the much loved 80's drama Dallas .;)

some interesting result this weekend boys (if there is any female bloggers ) and girls .
Tally taking it right up to Undera . The Violet Towners just missing out against us and Rushy doing a number on Murch and of course Ardy getting over the Longwood redlegs , Carrot if your still kick'n would like to , and I know I'm going to regret this . But it would be good to hear your thoughts . You have been mising in action for a while and I'm a little concerned that someone saw you in that cowboy hat and shot you , all the while mistaking you for JR Ewing off the much loved 80's drama Dynasty .;)

Big upset that Murch V Rushy result, surely that seals the top 5 up now? Lanky also got over Nagambie. From the top 5 teams Stanhope are appearing the more consistent against it's fellow flag contenders at the moment. Merrigum and Girgarre played out a draw after the Gum were up by 25 points half way through the final term, like the Hawks on Friday night they let slip the seemingly un-loseable.

Pretty sure the finals are based on a rotation system, so every club gets to host a final.

They might be giving Murch a wide birth due to the health issues associated with the changerooms.

Then why have they given one to Ardmona then ?:rolleyes:, at least we can drink the water from the taps in our rooms:thumbsu:.

But seriously, I think that Longwood should host that final if Ardmona don't get their courts done up in time, as a reward for their first year in the KDFL.

I haven't bagged umpires for years, I simply thought they were bloody terrible the day our thirds played your mob. I genuinely think it's a tough gig and don't envy the job but realise that we need them. We have Doug Tuhan who does the job for us and i think most people will agree that he is more than fair, if not a little biased towards other sides to escape any short of ridicule.

Not sure what cricket has to do with it Stokesy? It's footy season, and the reason we've struggled in cricket grannies is probably more to do with weight on shoulders and tightness around the neck than umpiring..

:thumbsu:, I merely made the point that this was a game where the balance was slanted unfavourably to the home team in that occasion to the extent that it tainted what was a pretty good game.

And although you try to avoid it, you can play favourites when it comes to decisions (The times where I've had to umpire, I've usually gone the other extreme, which is just as bad), and that's what I believed happened in that occasion, and it seemed by talking to as few others who have played against Stanhope at home, what happened to us didn't seem isolated.

P.S
We've lost cricket grand finals simply because we weren't good enough when it mattered, and the umpires that we've had for those games had been fair to both teams and any decisions that may have been 50/50 balanced out in the end.

Big upset that Murch V Rushy result, surely that seals the top 5 up now? Lanky also got over Nagambie. From the top 5 teams Stanhope are appearing the more consistent against it's fellow flag contenders at the moment. Merrigum and Girgarre played out a draw after the Gum were up by 25 points half way through the final term, like the Hawks on Friday night they let slip the seemingly un-loseable.

For my daft prediction about Murch & Violet Town deciding 5th spot in Round 18, well Nostradamus didn't get every prediction right:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back