KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternate strips, white shorts??? When it gets really wet will home teams provide an alternate mud colour for the visitors? If players are getting confused perhaps they should use their ears or come to training, learn a few names and get used to a few voices. For those who can't travel that far maybe you post training on Youtube for them. What next...guide dogs????:D

wet winter they say woody , better order in that loam for your alternate mud :D

White shorts for away games Is common sense ud imagine given we no longer live in the 60s. The alternate strip against teams with similar colours is a must, the game against stanhope had me scratching my head and I've been told violet town is worst! Not a good look for the league should these teams with similar strips playoff in a gf, it's probabaly time to do something about it.

White shorts for away games Is common sense ud imagine given we no longer live in the 60s. The alternate strip against teams with similar colours is a must, the game against stanhope had me scratching my head and I've been told violet town is worst! Not a good look for the league should these teams with similar strips playoff in a gf, it's probabaly time to do something about it.

What d o you suggest cocko?

Why don't you put forward a suggestion to the league

Not sure what yas are all sooking about, having an alternate strip in the KD come on:confused: I personally have no problems telling who my team mates are. Even against Undera. White shorts I agree with but does it really make that much difference???

Don't know what you mean by not rating them there hasa. The 12pts tipped by someone that VT would win by seemed fair enough in the sense that we lost by 3 goals no behinds to Nagambie and Lancaster lost by 5 goals 5 behinds to them.....

I'm sure plenty of teams rate Lancaster, I do and i'm sure they'll be in the mix for the silverware come September. I don't think anyone would go out on a limb and call them favourites by any stretch of the imagination though. Haven't beaten Nagambie last 2 years and have lost 3 out of the past 4 matches to Undera. And I don't know whether it's VT's improvement or Lancaster dropping off, but the match we played Lancaster last year, we got thumped by 70pts and it was about 15 - 20 scoring shots so the score line was flattering, where on the weekend it was 5 goals no behinds and once again, we kicked poorly from set shots.

I thought no.2 a blonde fella was Lancaster's best player along with their half back line, not sure of names or no.'s but they carved us up along our half forward line. I think both teams had an even amount of the ball and inside-50's but Lancaster's defenders seemed to rebound the ball out most times straight away.
The game was done and dusted by 10minutes into the 3rd quarter really when Lancaster shot to 6 goals up. I think it'd be fair to say both teams blew some golden opportunities in front of goal, especially the young full forward who pinched a mate's long shot at goal late in the 2nd right on the goal line trying to claim his own glory and put it out of bounds on the full......[/quote]

Once again Bodzy a well written post:thumbsu:
You were quite solid for the towners as always and yes, you guys have improved and I do hope you are one of the 5 teams there at the pointy end.

To your last point, that was Nic Casey and he claims it was going to miss by a mile!! Just like his effort did! :p:p
We thought from where we were watching that the long shot was going to be a goal!!

[/B]

What d o you suggest cocko?

Why don't you put forward a suggestion to the league

Cocko?? Right.

I did put forward a suggestion cocko, I said there should be an alternate strip and white shorts, the alternate strip could just be training jumpers, how hard is that?

Not sure what yas are all sooking about, having an alterante strip in the KD come on:confused: I personally have no problems telling who my team mates are. Even against Undera. White shorts I agree with but does it really make that much difference???

The alternate strip might be to much for some so that's where perhaps trainin jumpers can come into play if clubs have them. Come GF day if say an Undera vs stanhope match up was to occur people from outside the league would be hard pressed to seperate the 2. I just think it should be an option clubs should consider. I know down mornington there are a few clash jumpers the clubs got together to purchase plain white jumper and the away team wore them when playing against eachother, now that was as simple solution as you would find and was cost effective with very minimal outlay from clubs.

Not sure what yas are all sooking about, having an alterante strip in the KD come on:confused: I personally have no problems telling who my team mates are. Even against Undera. White shorts I agree with but does it really make that much difference???
Good shit mate, we havnt had a different alternative jumper in the kdfl ever, if you have trouble telling if its ur team mate or if its an opponent get your eyes checked or open your mouth and have more talk out on the ground

Cocko?? Right.

I did put forward a suggestion cocko, I said there should be an alternate strip and white shorts, the alternate strip could just be training jumpers, how hard is that?
How hard is it too pass the ball to a team mate rather than get confused about what he is wearing eat some cement your ment to have your eyes open when you play footy

Don't know what you mean by not rating them there hasa. The 12pts tipped by someone that VT would win by seemed fair enough in the sense that we lost by 3 goals no behinds to Nagambie and Lancaster lost by 5 goals 5 behinds to them.....

I'm sure plenty of teams rate Lancaster, I do and i'm sure they'll be in the mix for the silverware come September. I don't think anyone would go out on a limb and call them favourites by any stretch of the imagination though. Haven't beaten Nagambie last 2 years and have lost 3 out of the past 4 matches to Undera. And I don't know whether it's VT's improvement or Lancaster dropping off, but the match we played Lancaster last year, we got thumped by 70pts and it was about 15 - 20 scoring shots so the score line was flattering, where on the weekend it was 5 goals no behinds and once again, we kicked poorly from set shots.

I thought no.2 a blonde fella was Lancaster's best player along with their half back line, not sure of names or no.'s but they carved us up along our half forward line. I think both teams had an even amount of the ball and inside-50's but Lancaster's defenders seemed to rebound the ball out most times straight away.
The game was done and dusted by 10minutes into the 3rd quarter really when Lancaster shot to 6 goals up. I think it'd be fair to say both teams blew some golden opportunities in front of goal, especially the young full forward who pinched a mate's long shot at goal late in the 2nd right on the goal line trying to claim his own glory and put it out of bounds on the full......[/quote]

You were quite solid for the towners as always and yes, you guys have improved and I do hope you are one of the 5 teams there at the pointy end.

To your last point, that was Nic Casey and he claims it was going to miss by a mile!! Just like his effort did! :p:p
We thought from where we were watching that the long shot was going to be a goal!!
Dont worry nick you can stuff up like that all you want agaist us in a couple of weeks this time you can blame it on the outstanding pressure coming from the opposition

How hard is it too pass the ball to a team mate rather than get confused about what he is wearing eat some cement your ment to have your eyes open when you play footy

No dramas superstar, perhaps you can also give me some advice on how to play the role as a small forward? Looking forward to seeing how you go when we play you blokes in a few weeks... I'll be sure to have my eyes open then ;)

My father inlaw video's our home games and a couple of us watched the match Sunday. It was going right through middle no doubt about it.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good shit mate, we havnt had a different alternative jumper in the kdfl ever, if you have trouble telling if its ur team mate or if its an opponent get your eyes checked or open your mouth and have more talk out on the ground

Alternative jumpers probably wont come in and as you said has never been the case. Doesnt mean it cant start now though. White shorts for away teams has also been around for 100 years in football. That being said it is a little confusing at times with the jumpers but I think the shorts and socks are more of an issue. In packs or when you are on the ground its easy to instinctively feed the ball in the direction of a colour as you dont have time to look up.

All in all I dont think its a huge issue from a players point of view. I think it looks average having 36 guys running around with the same colour on and can be confusing for spectators but Im not sure how often it actually effects your decision making. I still think white shorts is a no brainer though.

white shorts /alternate strip , Yawn! does any footy get talked about on this thread or did I get on to bigfashion by mistake ?

white shorts /alternate strip , Yawn! does any footy get talked about on this thread or did I get on to bigfashion by mistake ?

Fair call there Ack, funny you say that about bigfashion I think they should have a retro round where every player has to sport a moustash, mutton chops or beard and a mullet or some kind of afro in reconition of our fathers, uncle's or grandfathers who have won premierships in country footy. All you need is to look on your club room wall for inspiration or next time you play Longwood ;):D (only joking Johnny C). Can be organised for a later round to give players time to groom themselves and maybe raise some money for Movember?:thumbsu:

You can't be too far away from getting back on the park LANCASTRALIA. How is the rehab going?

You can't be too far away from getting back on the park LANCASTRALIA. How is the rehab going?

Gday Foxy. I am on the park. Running round in the two's chasing the bl00dy pill.

The bloke your talking about is at training but I don't think he'll play this year.
He runs around alright but not the same as previously.

Leigh Kellet, what's the scenario there? Is he moving from Undera to any other KDFL team. Sure there are a few teams hovering around the 5 that could use a goalkicker.

Fair call there Ack, funny you say that about bigfashion I think they should have a retro round where every player has to sport a moustash, mutton chops or beard and a mullet or some kind of afro in reconition of our fathers, uncle's or grandfathers who have won premierships in country footy. All you need is to look on your club room wall for inspiration or next time you play Longwood ;):D (only joking Johnny C). Can be organised for a later round to give players time to groom themselves and maybe raise some money for Movember?:thumbsu:

GOLD - Best thing written on this forum for ages:thumbsu:

New recruits for girgarre starting next week a big tall target from the hoppers crossing fc is considering making the move to country football. i work with the bloke he is a solid freak of a unit and fit as, not to shore y he wants to leave the very successful team but hey we will take him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back