KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear Hank is playing his last game for Tonny this week and will make the move back to the mainland next week. Huge in for them.

Re: KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Apparently both Nagambie and Undera lost today. I heard Nagambie were touched up by Stanhope by a fair bit and Undera lost to Lancaster. This will hopefully add some much needed spice to the finals.

Re: KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Today's results:

Avenel 24.17-161 def. Ardmona 10.9-69
Lancaster 10.11-71 def. Undera 9.10-64
Murchison 29.12-186 def. Merrigum 7.3-45
Stanhope 20.12-132 def. Nagambie11.7-73
Rushworth 15.16-106 def. Tallygaroopna 13.11-89
Violet Town 24.27-171 def. Longwood 0.1-1

Who would've thought that it would be Lancaster on top of the ladder before this week's games...

What's happened to the playing list Bugs?

Are there a lot of injuries or have players left?

I hope you have a full compliment this weekend, and I will make sure the fluids will be nice and cold.
Good to catch up Sparra .. Vitamin B was pharmarceutically chilled to perfection.
I think now "all has been revealed in the fullness of time" (quote Eddy Mceverywhere!).
Sorry about the confusion about the Cryptic Sparra Bamb & Ford!! Another Sparra from the Towners past who did have a run for Longwood last century.
Good to see a bit of biff in the match today .. but like rugby State of Origin nuthin' in it .. but not good to see stupidity off the field by two "civilians", or should that be "villains" of both Clubs.
However it was the only entertainment for the day .. at least Longwood led by a point in the first three minutes - but that was it.
Please don't "labour that point"!! .. it was the only score we got. Towners Express stopped at no stations!!
Thanks Cob.:thumbsu:
Cheers
John Carrot;)

All credit to Lancaster today, got the jump on us early and held sway all day. Pretty even team and they play with a bit of grit, will be very hard to beat going forward but I still think we have a bit more to give, we will need to as well if we are to be a contender.

Super shocked at the nagambie result, 1st place is still up for grabs. Can anyone give a match report on the match??

Good to catch up Sparra .. Vitamin B was pharmarceutically chilled to perfection.
I think now "all has been revealed in the fullness of time" (quote Eddy Mceverywhere!).
Sorry about the confusion about the Cryptic Sparra Bamb & Ford!! Another Sparra from the Towners past who did have a run for Longwood last century.
Good to see a bit of biff in the match today .. but like rugby State of Origin nuthin' in it .. but not good to see stupidity off the field by two "civilians", or should that be "villains" of both Clubs.
However it was the only entertainment for the day .. at least Longwood led by a point in the first three minutes - but that was it.
Please don't "labour that point"!! .. it was the only score we got. Towners Express stopped at no stations!!
Thanks Cob.:thumbsu:
Cheers
John Carrot;)

Good Morning John

The only confusion I had yesterday was telling who was who. That was a serious jumper clash.

For the sake of us old timers with failing eysight we may have to change shorts next time we meet.

And yes we were a bit worried when Longwood led in the first couple of minutes.

Your club is obviously struggling on the field, but from past experiences it is times like this that the supporters must band together for functions etc and enjoy the year socially.

Cheers

A few interesting results on the weekend, looks like it will be an interesting finals series this year aswell, seems as though at the moment a few teams have closed the gap on the early standouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There should be a back pocket available in the the two's for a washed up Murray leauge player, seems that Drop the siren has gone awol, remember Hank no beard no game!:D

Definitely a spot in that back pocket, what has happened to old mate Frankie, didn't go on an expedition with Tim Holding did he?

Super shocked at the nagambie result, 1st place is still up for grabs. Can anyone give a match report on the match??[/quote]

Great win by Stanhope, they pulled our pants down yesterday, absolutely embarrassed us in the second half by playing a disciplined and skillful brand of footy. They're a quality side & they ran us off our legs with quick ball movement and good skills from the first bounce. To be honest we were never really in it from quarter time as they controlled the match.

Stanhope were first to the ball all day and there pressure was relentless particularly their tackles, smothers and running in numbers. They've got some quality youngsters with pace & skill that tore us apart as did Hooda, Sanders & several others. Throw Daryl Harrison into the mix as of next week and thats arguably the best onball brigade in the competition.

We had very few winners from a one-on-one perspective whilst Stanhope had winners all over the ground. Our forwards didn't get near it and onballers comprehensively beaten. Because we were second to the footy all day the delivery to the Stanhope forwards was first rate & didn't give our backs a chance.

To be quite frank there were a number of Nagambie players seemingly disinterested and not willing to do the hard work. The boys simply didn't turn up to play and weren't switched on. Full credit to Stanhope we were comprehensively beaten by a better footy side on the day.

A couple of solid weeks on the track ahead and I'd expect to see some wholesale changes to the line up for next game.

Super shocked at the nagambie result, 1st place is still up for grabs. Can anyone give a match report on the match??[/quote]

Great win by Stanhope, they pulled our pants down yesterday, absolutely embarrassed us in the second half by playing a disciplined and skillful brand of footy. They're a quality side & they ran us off our legs with quick ball movement and good skills from the first bounce. To be honest we were never really in it from quarter time as they controlled the match.

Stanhope were first to the ball all day and there pressure was relentless particularly their tackles, smothers and running in numbers. They've got some quality youngsters with pace & skill that tore us apart as did Hooda, Sanders & several others. Throw Daryl Harrison into the mix as of next week and thats arguably the best onball brigade in the competition.

We had very few winners from a one-on-one perspective whilst Stanhope had winners all over the ground. Our forwards didn't get near it and onballers comprehensively beaten. Because we were second to the footy all day the delivery to the Stanhope forwards was first rate & didn't give our backs a chance.

To be quite frank there were a number of Nagambie players seemingly disinterested and not willing to do the hard work. The boys simply didn't turn up to play and weren't switched on. Full credit to Stanhope we were comprehensively beaten by a better footy side on the day.

A couple of solid weeks on the track ahead and I'd expect to see some wholesale changes to the line up for next game.
Yeah Stanhope did play a great game. There intensity from the first bounce did not waiver. The good thing was they were able to maintain the intensity for the entirity of the game. Well done lads, I think Stanny might be able to give things a bit of a shake up after all??

Good Morning John

The only confusion I had yesterday was telling who was who. That was a serious jumper clash.

For the sake of us old timers with failing eysight we may have to change shorts next time we meet.

And yes we were a bit worried when Longwood led in the first couple of minutes.

Your club is obviously struggling on the field, but from past experiences it is times like this that the supporters must band together for functions etc and enjoy the year socially.

Cheers

Excellent point in support of the white shorts, Sparra.

Us old blokes looking to the shady Benalla end late in the game at the Towners ground last Satd’y had NFI who was who.

A survey in the Longwood room afterwards found about 1 in 4 players had problems. 100% of all supporters, both young and old, voted “aye” that they had problems .. that’s yes for younger SMSers.

But this match not only had jumper clash, it also had both sides wearing shades of blue shorts and a closeness in colour of the “hose” .. that’s socks for younger texters!!

Apart from a small fact of a lost tradition of white shorts for the away team, it makes perfect sense to reintroduce it to the KDFL in 2011. Others might talk about away strips .. but that is only a marketing ploy of the Awful Football League to sell two jumpers to the 2.3 kids of Melbourne yuppies who go to the AFL’s ridiculous ringa-a-rosie interpretation of our great traditional game!!

And no-one on this forum is allowed to raise the prospect of any Club changing colours!

Given that today’s players (who may turn up!) will often say “D’Oh .. sorry I forgot my white shorts today!”, I re-iterate my response to Cletus Delroy from a week back to say that the KDFL must buy the white shorts in bulk under the VCFL umbrella, sell to the Clubs at a discount for Clubs to issue each game (as is the case with Longwood’s jumper) for return to the Club at end of that away game.

Cheers
John Carrot
Ps Pass on thanks to Tom and Lindon (ex Longwood) for their support in the Twos.

Well done to mathew "alisa camplin" hodgetts on his 9 goals against merrigum yesterday?? going to be a long week at work for his work mates:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

It was a sight to behold...The Kevin Bartlett of the bush was handballing to himself and baulking fresh air at times. He tackled and buffeted a few team mates out of the way in the last few minutes to try and jag his tenth...seriously hope someone gives him a whack in the ear early against Stanhope, just to give the rest of us a break from his constant banter...

It was a sight to behold...The Kevin Bartlett of the bush was handballing to himself and baulking fresh air at times. He tackled and buffeted a few team mates out of the way in the last few minutes to try and jag his tenth...seriously hope someone gives him a whack in the ear early against Stanhope, just to give the rest of us a break from his constant banter...

Who?

I notice Prick Richett in the best for Stanhope a few times , obviously his footy is better than his golf, what possy is he playing and how's he going ?

For an oldman like urself PTF:p he is playing some great footy at CHF. Good for the young fellas coming up and also the older blokes like myself, directing traffic out on the field and giving us a few pointers:thumbsu:

Matt Hodgetts, number 15 for Murch....surely you were told about his prowess before you joined Undera?

Ohh, so we've played against him!! That day was quite muddy, I can't recall a number 15 but I don't doubt his ability...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back