KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at neither games this weekend so looking for match reports from people who played or watched.

Nagambie a bit to strong for Lancy in trying conditions, looked as though it was a slugfest in the mud from all reports.

The mainland got rolled by Undera in the other match today, Hank can you give a report? Undera to strong for most of the day but you blokes came home strong.

Lancy vs Undera next week, big match, let's hope conditions are better to allow for a higher quality game. Lancy for me at this stage.

Some very BIG inclusions into the Mainland 2's side for the this wknd. Hank has been talked into having a kick, also Sleathy, Reardo and Luis Spaniard make comebacks after playing in the ones over the past few weeks.
So should make for an interesting game at Tally Sat.

Some very BIG inclusions into the Mainland 2's side for the this wknd. Hank has been talked into having a kick, also Sleathy, Reardo and Luis Spaniard make comebacks after playing in the ones over the past few weeks.
So should make for an interesting game at Tally Sat.

How do the boy's that have done all the hard work to get there only to be ommitted feel about this ? Sleathy and Luis have played a few games so have a case, not sure with Reardon and Harrsion . The boys might say it's all good straight up but surely deep down would be filthy ... Having said that this happens everywhere this time of year .

How do the boy's that have done all the hard work to get there only to be ommitted feel about this ? Sleathy and Luis have played a few games so have a case, not sure with Reardon and Harrsion . The boys might say it's all good straight up but surely deep down would be filthy ... Having said that this happens everywhere this time of year .

There are a couple who are unavailabe, young Cocky over qualified and can't play because the seniors are out and I broke my hand last night at training and i'm in plaster, so we're just lucky to have such quality inclusions to replace the injured and missing. Apart from Hank who came in for me:D;). They will just have to play as good as the rest of the boys to hold thier spot if we win for next week:thumbsdown:.

There are a couple who are unavailabe, young Cocky over qualified and can't play because the seniors are out and I broke my hand last night at training and i'm in plaster, so we're just lucky to have such quality inclusions to replace the injured and missing. Apart from Hank who came in for me:D;). They will just have to play as good as the rest of the boys to hold thier spot if we win for next week:thumbsdown:.

Shite Gov not good at all, Bad luck mate. But welcome to the cripple club ;)... I was just stirring the pot about Hank playing as I thought u would be rite. :( Hope its not ur drinkin hand cocko :D
Also heard last nite a couple blokes just decided not to train this week and not even let Millsy know:confused:

You may be able to answer this one and correct me if im wrong but did'nt Daryl play half a dozen games for Tongala ? I would have thought these would count as well or is it at each individual leagues discretion .

You may be able to answer this one and correct me if im wrong but did'nt Daryl play half a dozen games for Tongala ? I would have thought these would count as well or is it at each individual leagues discretion .

He cert did, but in this league it makes no difference. Just like in 03 was it not sure Avenel played Salakowski in the scoobs even though he played half the year in the GV, Seymours Ones I think??

Good luck to the Mainland 2nds. Moving on.

What are peoples take on this weeks prelim? My theory however unconventional is if it rains Lancy win if it's dry Undera wins. The lions probably have the ability to kick more goals but if it's wet that's taken away. Toss of the coin stuff really.

Good luck to the Mainland 2nds. Moving on.

What are peoples take on this weeks prelim? My theory however unconventional is if it rains Lancy win if it's dry Undera wins. The lions probably have the ability to kick more goals but if it's wet that's taken away. Toss of the coin stuff really.

Well we needed something to get this thread goin again didnt we:rolleyes:

In my opinion Undera will hav Lancy covered wet or dry, Yes they played well to stay with Nagambie last Sat. But Undera's hardness at the footy will hav them prevail come tomoz arvo...

Well we needed something to get this thread goin again didnt we:rolleyes:

In my opinion Undera will hav Lancy covered wet or dry, Yes they played well to stay with Nagambie last Sat. But Undera's hardness at the footy will hav them prevail come tomoz arvo...

Yes, mainland, you have an astute footy mind.. Reckon the lions will get over the wombats tomorrow. As much as I'd like to see Lancy win it, I think it might be another disappointing end to the season for them. How many finals series would they have made over the last decade?

I remember Salakowski playing scoobs with Avenel that finals series - I don't think he played 1s at Seymour that year, though, hence why he went back there. Pretty sure he was injured because he didn't have a major impact and pretty sure they lost the GF that year..

Hanks getting on a bit, but not time just yet for a run in the 2's is it..?

Yes, mainland, you have an astute footy mind.. Reckon the lions will get over the wombats tomorrow. As much as I'd like to see Lancy win it, I think it might be another disappointing end to the season for them. How many finals series would they have made over the last decade?

I remember Salakowski playing scoobs with Avenel that finals series - I don't think he played 1s at Seymour that year, though, hence why he went back there. Pretty sure he was injured because he didn't have a major impact and pretty sure they lost the GF that year..

Hanks getting on a bit, but not time just yet for a run in the 2's is it..?

Thanks for clearing that up Trav. I actually had no idea ifd he playes 1s or 2s, but saying he played ones made the story sound a bit betta:D
The Cheiften played on him that year hence y he had no impact well thats what he reckons anyway...:p

On the two's qualification, same in every league, only the games in that league count towards qualification(Leagues do have different number of games played in seniors before you can drop back for finals though). Same thing happened last year when I was coaching Tonny, myself, Andrew Reid, Dan Collyer (represented the GV that year) and someone else where all eligible to play in the twos finals, none of us played as we didnt think it was the right thing to do and we had plenty of numbers in the twos.
Stanhope last night had the bare 22 including Sleeth, Reardon & A-Harris, who all by the way have played 2 or more reserves games, so no one missed out and we had the Gov in the side but today found that he has a broken hand from training last night, hence why I have come into the side.

As for the Senior game I believe Undera will get over the line, but either way expect Nagambie to go one better than last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the two's qualification, same in every league, only the games in that league count towards qualification(Leagues do have different number of games played in seniors before you can drop back for finals though). Same thing happened last year when I was coaching Tonny, myself, Andrew Reid, Dan Collyer (represented the GV that year) and someone else where all eligible to play in the twos finals, none of us played as we didnt think it was the right thing to do and we had plenty of numbers in the twos.
Stanhope last night had the bare 22 including Sleeth, Reardon & A-Harris, who all by the way have played 2 or more reserves games, so no one missed out and we had the Gov in the side but today found that he has a broken hand from training last night, hence why I have come into the side.

As for the Senior game I believe Undera will get over the line, but either way expect Nagambie to go one better than last year.

From a Longwood Redlegs supporter .. all the best to the remaining “Three Amigos” in the fight for the flag in KDFL Footy and to the Netters as well!
JC decrees that it will be DRY WEATHER and NO INJURIES! Amen..
Got to agree with you Hank.
Reckon the Nagambie Lakers have the motivation this year to climb to the peak .. but don’t mention flooding!!!
Cheers
John Carrot :thumbsu:

Anyone got a report on Undera getting over Lancy..? I saw that they won, but didn't see scores.

And who won out of Stanhope and Nagaz in the 2s..?

Sets up a tantalising Grand Final replay next weekend - will La Porta be the difference again or will they run out of legs given they've already played 3 physical matches in a row.. Should be another ripper match!

Good game to watch yesterday but must say that Lancy were disappointing. 1st half was even although Lancy had the chance to be 3 or 4 goals up at half time. Burnett was best in the first half for Lancy and Godsmark for the Lions, he is a class above most in the league. 2nd half Undera kicked away and the difference in quality of the 2 sides became apparent as the game wore on, I overestimated Lancy a bit, Undera kicked into another gear after half time and put the game away in a 20 minute burst.

Best for Lancy I'd say were Brunt, Varcoe, Warren and Burnett and for Undera Laporta, Godsmark and Mcdonald. Some ripper goals I thought yesterday to, pretty good match just a shame it wasn't any closet.

Your full of shit hank, your going to be the coach next year and your putting your own blokes out. How many games did you play at tongala, 7 and 7 at Stanhope well that 14. You should be embarassed. If only games in your league count? hasn't sleethy played to many? 8 at Stanhope and 1 at Murch.

My old mate Brad Robinson to lead the Stanhope Lions 2s to premiership victory on saturday. Watch out for him in the forward pocket with his Didak like skills to get them over the line!

Your full of shit hank, your going to be the coach next year and your putting your own blokes out. How many games did you play at tongala, 7 and 7 at Stanhope well that 14. You should be embarassed. If only games in your league count? hasn't sleethy played to many? 8 at Stanhope and 1 at Murch.

Thanks for your QUALITY input 3nuts. If I'm full of shit what FACT did I get wrong? because I tell you one thing if I tell you something on here that is not my opinion, it is FACT. You'd be pretty close in your assumption that i'd played 7 senior games at Stanhope (FACT, for H&A)and 7 at Tongala(not sure, but doesn't matter anyway) as for Sleethty the league told us, and all clubs that games played for the club you are playing at only count.
HAHAHA I am totally embarrassed because I, and the club followed the rules, there was Jack Cockroft and Brock Clymo who played 2nds games at the end of the year, but the rules stipulated that they were ineligible to play 2nds finals, their were others like myself that were eligible. Now I made myself unavailable on Thursday night because they had 22 players to pick from, one of those 22 was left out of the side the week before and the selection committee said that they wanted me to play in front of him. I said no! That is why is was the 23rd man picked and the brunt of jokes from others in the club. When I was called on Friday afternoon to play because a player had broken their hand I must admit It still didnt feel like the right thing to do but the rules are in place and I was eligible to play and they needed an extra person to play and I wasnt putting anyone else out so I DIDNT FEEL EMBARRASSED and I WAS MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP MY CLUB OUT. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO STEP ASIDE THIS WEEK IF A COUPLE OF PLAYERS BECOME AVAILABLE AND MY POSITION WILL BE TAKEN UP BE SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN PLAYING AND TRAINING ALL YEAR.

As far as you are concerned 3nuts, put your NUTS on the line and tell me who you are! And you wouldn't have a clue if I'm coaching next year or not because I already have a GV Captain lined up to do the job, and an Ex GV Captain who wants to coach the 3rds, so don't worry about what the Stanhope Football/Netball Club are doing right now or in the future because I dont care what club you are from I know that we are in a better state than YOURS(Now & In the future)!!

Thanks for your QUALITY input 3nuts. If I'm full of shit what FACT did I get wrong? because I tell you one thing if I tell you something on here that is not my opinion, it is FACT. You'd be pretty close in your assumption that i'd played 7 senior games at Stanhope (FACT, for H&A)and 7 at Tongala(not sure, but doesn't matter anyway) as for Sleethty the league told us, and all clubs that games played for the club you are playing at only count.
HAHAHA I am totally embarrassed because I, and the club followed the rules, there was Jack Cockroft and Brock Clymo who played 2nds games at the end of the year, but the rules stipulated that they were ineligible to play 2nds finals, their were others like myself that were eligible. Now I made myself unavailable on Thursday night because they had 22 players to pick from, one of those 22 was left out of the side the week before and the selection committee said that they wanted me to play in front of him. I said no! That is why is was the 23rd man picked and the brunt of jokes from others in the club. When I was called on Friday afternoon to play because a player had broken their hand I must admit It still didnt feel like the right thing to do but the rules are in place and I was eligible to play and they needed an extra person to play and I wasnt putting anyone else out so I DIDNT FEEL EMBARRASSED and I WAS MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP MY CLUB OUT. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO STEP ASIDE THIS WEEK IF A COUPLE OF PLAYERS BECOME AVAILABLE AND MY POSITION WILL BE TAKEN UP BE SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN PLAYING AND TRAINING ALL YEAR.

As far as you are concerned 3nuts, put your NUTS on the line and tell me who you are! And you wouldn't have a clue if I'm coaching next year or not because I already have a GV Captain lined up to do the job, and an Ex GV Captain who wants to coach the 3rds, so don't worry about what the Stanhope Football/Netball Club are doing right now or in the future because I dont care what club you are from I know that we are in a better state than YOURS(Now & In the future)!!

Phew! Perfect piece of "castration" there old cobber!!
Well done ..
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:;)

Isn't Patten coaching next year Hunk?

Want some of my pills Hank?

And Numbnuts, no-one played on Saturday that wasn't eligible. All was kosher and no-one was left out so go back to your sad little life.

Sorry about braking my hand Hank and putting you through all this, I feel terrible and so must you;) 3Nuts you obviouly must play for Naggaz and you must be still embarrassed about getting flogged again by Stanhope:thumbsu: this time in a prelim by about 16 goals:eek:, hope that team photo you took before the game will be a lasting memory of how you couldn't get to grand final because of the Stanhope Footy Club:footy:...... No no no thank us later:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back