Kdfl - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips for the weekend:
Murchison V Rushworth: Rushy showed they will be up and around the mark this season against Lanky and I think they will be to strong for Murch. Rushy by 30 points
Avenel V Nagambie: Nagambie have lost a few players, but should outclass Avenel. Nagambie by 40
Girgarre V Tallygaroopna: I haven't heard much from either camp, but Gig have lost some of their top players from last season. Tally by 30-40
Lancaster V Merrigum: Sadly can't see Merrigum getting anywhere near Lanky. Lanky by 100 +
Longwood V Ardmona: Will be interesting to see the outcome of this match, don't think either side will be around the mark come September, Look out for Big Perry and Joe in the forward line. Longwood by 12 points
Stanhope V Undera: Probably the match of the round. Both sides with new coaches who will be looking to start the season off well. Could go either way. Stanhope by 23
Voilet Town in a close one over the Bye
Rushy by 60pts
Nagambie by 20pts
Tally by 70pts
Lanky by 160pts
Longwood by 25pts
Undera by 6pts (match of the round)

Tips for the weekend:

Murchison V Rushworth: Rushy will take care of Murch quite easily I think. Tigers by 45
Avenel V Nagambie: Tipping this to be a hell of a lot closer than others think. Nagambie still have a few quality players. 10 point winners.
Girgarre V Tallygaroopna: Haven't heard much about either club and how they travelled during the pre season. Pure guess, Tally by 17
Lancaster V Merrigum: Lanky easily.
Longwood V Ardmona: Longwood should get over the cats by around 25 points
Stanhope V Undera: As others have said match of the round. Going for Stanny by 15 points. (Grand Final rematch of the twos should be good as well)

Murchison V Rushworth: Rushy should take this one. (25 pts)

Avenel V Nagambie: Avenel surprised a few teams last year with a full team in, Nagambie may still be adjusting to the new look team, might be abit of an upset on the cards. (2 pts)

Girgarre V Tallygaroopna: Really don't know about this one, havent heard much of anything out of Tally, will be interesting to see how Gig's fly-in's go and if they stick around for the year. (5 pts)

Lancaster V Merrigum: Unfortunately for the Gum I think this will be the first of a few big margin losses for the year. (120 pts)

Longwood V Ardmona: Longwood supposably picked up a couple that will make them abit better than last year, if true then they should beat the Cats. (10 pts)

Stanhope V Undera: I think Stanhope, while they have been rated up there have been abit underrated so far. (20 pts)

Expect Tally to be knocking on the door of the Top 5, and although Gig have just added a couple from up north couldnt see them troubling the redlegs. For a bit of info on the top 7 contenders in my opinion check out centralvicfooty. Tally's write up should be on by the end of the day and the top 5 from last year plus Rushy have been analysed over the past month, just go to previews.

Tips for this weekend:

Rushy-25pts: Picked up a few and showed they will be up there with their 3pt loss to Lanky

Nagambie-10pts: Will be a lot closer then people think with Nagambie losing a few and Avenal goes alright with a full team on the park.

Tally-50pts: Girgarre lost a few decent players and Tally should still be around mid-table

Lanky-100+: no reason needed

Longwood-15pts: Should be able to get over ardy with a couple ins that should improve them from last year

Stanhope-11pts: Very Close match but with Undera's outs i think the lions will get up

Tips for the weekend :

Rushworth by 5 goals : Looked quick on the weekend and will be better for the run as they ran out of legs . Not sure where Murch are at.

Avenel by 3 points : Upset on the cards. I see Joe Amad had put in a clearance.If its the same guy im thinking of(Seymour a few years back) will be handy .

Tally by 10 goals : no reason other than there best footy last year was good and Girgarre same not sure where they are at.

Lanky by 200 + : Good thing for Merrigum , Lanky have a few out or could be closer to 300.

Longwood by 10 points: Not sure on both sides , could go either way . Will big Pez pull on th boots ?

Stanhope vs Undera : Draw , going with the trend in the AFL and a tie . Both have lost a few,and gained a couple. Might come down to whose backline can perform best on the day . At this stage Undera still likely to have a few unavaliable.Should be a good contest.

Good luck to everone on the weekend ...

Murchison vs RUSHWORTH After coming so close against Lanky, having a big advantage in height & depth and with an extra run in the legs you would think that Rushy will win easily, and I think they will win by 24 points.

Avenel vs NAGAMBIE Although these are teams that are evenly matched with Avenel on the improve & Nagambie on the slide, the Lakers should have enough class to win by 7 points.

Girgarre vs TALLYGAROOPNA Tally have done quite well recruiting wise with few losses, whilst gig has had few recruits and numerous losses, Tally to win easily by 43 points.

LANCASTER vs Merrigum, What an awful game for the dogs to get first up, a Lanky side with a number of players still yet to come into the side, this should be one of the biggest mis matches since the christian XI played the Lions at the Coliseum in 65BC, Lanky to win by over 20 goals.

LONGWOOD vs Ardmona, Well nearly everyone here is hoping for a Leggers win first up and for your sake JC (John Carrot), I hope that your boys can do it, Longwood to win by 5 points.

STANHOPE vs Undera, this is a real toss up because they're both pretty even, but for no other reason except for a guess, I'll go Stanhope only because of Harrison & Lowe.

Violet Town enjoy the break (don't worry guys Murch get the extended break as well).

Good luck to all and sundry for the weekend.

What's the go with your Under 18's bodzy, now that Euroa won't have a team in the GVFL this season ?, will you have a joint team ?, or will you guys just get any Euroa boys to play for Violet Town for this year ?.

Anyway, I hope it works out OK for you and that both teams get numbers into the future.

What's the go with your Under 18's bodzy, now that Euroa won't have a team in the GVFL this season ?, will you have a joint team ?, or will you guys just get any Euroa boys to play for Violet Town for this year ?.

Anyway, I hope it works out OK for you and that both teams get numbers into the future.
They've been getting at least 15 on the track and should have 18-21 each week for games, which is great after only having 12 the last couple of years and turning up getting flogged each week...

In regards to the bye, this is 2 years in a row Murch and VT have got the first couple of byes, hopefully that changes next year as it's a waste of a bye. Some one has to have it though, just as long as it evens out over time...

Expect Tally to be knocking on the door of the Top 5, and although Gig have just added a couple from up north couldnt see them troubling the redlegs. For a bit of info on the top 7 contenders in my opinion check out centralvicfooty. Tally's write up should be on by the end of the day and the top 5 from last year plus Rushy have been analysed over the past month, just go to previews.

The preview was very well put together Hank. I think you might be right with your findings about Tally..
Should also note that last years B&F player Dylan Kerr is back in the Redlegs jumper for season 2011, ready for rd 1 vs gig. A handy keep for Tally.
Will this make Taly competitive enough with the always consistant-Stanhope, Lancy,Undera ? Time will tell, would be good to see if so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't think the bubble was inflated!, Stanhope midfield dominated for 3 quarters and were worthy winners. Umps were a bit of a worry, a number of times getting themselves confused.

Lancaster cricket score Vs Merrigum, are Lancy that good or the Gum that bad?

Didn't think the bubble was inflated!, Stanhope midfield dominated for 3 quarters and were worthy winners. Umps were a bit of a worry, a number of times getting themselves confused.

Yes one umpire was a disgrace, and haven't seen him umpire a good game since he instigated a riot in a 3rds game in 2001, think he goal umpired for a few years inbetween but how he has been allowed to get back out in the middle is a disgrace, we would have been better having one umpire and a few free's being missed than having him out there. One thing you would expect is for him to know the rules, forget about his interpretations, he paid a free kick down field and ended up making the player who was infringed against go down field and take the kick:confused:

A bit of a turn up with Murch getting over Rushy, did hear during the week that the Rushy coach loaded up on them on sportsbet, he should have waited another week as I'm sure the odds will come out a bit now.
The VT boys were there watching our game and had a couple of their hierarchy (not players) talking themselves up and sounding very confident about the year ahead. They also mentioned they were still in the running for a couple of quality recruits, another mentioned was Matt Sharp (Benalla) but seen he kicked a couple and was in the best in their upset win v Mansfield so might be hard to get him back across now.
As I mentioned before the weekend Tally look like they will be around the mark, and Kerr staying will certainly help, If Arho can see out the year, a big IF, they should play finals.

Yes one umpire was a disgrace, and haven't seen him umpire a good game since he instigated a riot in a 3rds game in 2001, think he goal umpired for a few years inbetween but how he has been allowed to get back out in the middle is a disgrace, we would have been better having one umpire and a few free's being missed than having him out there. One thing you would expect is for him to know the rules, forget about his interpretations, he paid a free kick down field and ended up making the player who was infringed against go down field and take the kick:confused:

A bit of a turn up with Murch getting over Rushy, did hear during the week that the Rushy coach loaded up on them on sportsbet, he should have waited another week as I'm sure the odds will come out a bit now.
The VT boys were there watching our game and had a couple of their hierarchy (not players) talking themselves up and sounding very confident about the year ahead. They also mentioned they were still in the running for a couple of quality recruits, another mentioned was Matt Sharp (Benalla) but seen he kicked a couple and was in the best in their upset win v Mansfield so might be hard to get him back across now.
As I mentioned before the weekend Tally look like they will be around the mark, and Kerr staying will certainly help, If Arho can see out the year, a big IF, they should play finals.
Certainly wasn't us talking ourselves up, reckon I could guess it in one who was though... Was a very scrappy first half at Stanhope, obviously the wind wasn't helping. Stanhope finally broke away in the 3rd and we took off to go watch swans vs euroa after that. Stannhope seemed to have a lot more consistent contributors. Godsy and Spirro's older brother were standouts for Undera. Would love to know if that's Undera's best team or were they missing a few? Seemed to have certainly dropped off from their form of the past 2 years

Merrigum are in a bit of trouble, they have no thirds, there reserves had 14, which 6-7 of them had to back up and play seniors, also noticed after the game 2 of them were icing and looked injured.

so in total I think they had 28 for 2 teams.

Not sure how old Jack Anderson is but he played 2 games, so well done there

Any mail on how gig's fly in recruits went ?
Well considering they lost by around 80 points wouldnt have expected them to have done much!
Brad Armstrong for Stanhope played very well in his first senior hitout in a while kicking 5, if we can keep him on the park will be virtually a new recruit.

Get on the Brothers In Arms! :thumbsu:

Pretty sure one of Gig's recruits did his knee in the first quarter and didn't come back on.. The other performed pretty well in a big loss.

I scrolled back through the pages a bit and couldn't see it posted, but is there any truth that Stanhope are a chance to get Rochy premiership coach Lenny Schmidt over for a few games this year (when he's not on coaching duties..). Heard Shannon Grant might come over for a kick as well.. Couple of big gets if it eventuates.

Haven't heard much of a report from the Rushy v Murch match, other than we lost Whybrow the night before the game (gone back to Tatong) which was a big blow, that we let ourselves down with bad kicking for goal and had 2 reports!

For those interested, my younger brother Jedd played his 100th game on Saturday. Ironically the last time we lost to Murch at Murch was my older brother Clinton's 100th game.. in 2004.

Pretty sure one of Gig's recruits did his knee in the first quarter and didn't come back on.. The other performed pretty well in a big loss.

I scrolled back through the pages a bit and couldn't see it posted, but is there any truth that Stanhope are a chance to get Rochy premiership coach Lenny Schmidt over for a few games this year (when he's not on coaching duties..). Heard Shannon Grant might come over for a kick as well.. Couple of big gets if it eventuates.

Haven't heard much of a report from the Rushy v Murch match, other than we lost Whybrow the night before the game (gone back to Tatong) which was a big blow, that we let ourselves down with bad kicking for goal and had 2 reports!

For those interested, my younger brother Jedd played his 100th game on Saturday. Ironically the last time we lost to Murch at Murch was my older brother Clinton's 100th game.. in 2004.

The Nick Riewoldt curse eh ;).

And those reports and that sending off of #35 cost you the game because Murch got the lead after that and hung on (but inaccurate kicking with the wind could have nearly been costly for Murchison as well).

But, it seems that you've faded twice in two weeks in the last quarter (and one straight kick in either game), and it could have easily been 2-0 instead of 0-2, but regardless of these two narrow losses, you should make the finals, and who knows what happens from there.

Any mail on how gig's fly in recruits went ?
Money well spent Scotty !! Not. The two of them were on the bench injured with ice on by half time. They looked lost and couldnt buy a kick. With there injuries i cant see them back in a hurry. To there cridit, Scotty, Russ and a few young boys played well and can hold there heads high.Good luck for the year Gig hope you can put a win together soon.

No good about losing Whybrow. Your brother played well by the sound of it, reading the shepp news.
When will you start playing Tav and how many games will you get in for the home and away season?

whats the go with rushworth?? as a footy supporter there was alot of hype around them after the lancaster effort and then come out and lose to murch?? Are murch top 3 material or are they to reliant on to few players(hodgetts,tuhan,freeman,williams) all them blokes are gettin on in age so would have thought with rushy,s recruits its a dissapointing loss!!! Anyway great start by stanhope and lowe,s coachin career but not sure as to where undera will be at after losin a few! Tally mite have found a player in ahro to help them into top 5 and with sanders,belford,kerr,sidebottom they mite scare a few teams this year and lancaster are lookin very ominous as we all know!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back