KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the squad Watto sent out tonight so assume that it is the official squad.
Must admit l thought that Wheels would be a walk up start but that the leagues loss not VT's....Would have overlooked Lamaro as he is going on 34, have to agree that Nagambie and Rushy are light in the numbers:confused::confused:

Who does Burnett have on the selection panel with him? Would he pick the initial squad himself or do it with the help of a panel?

Very surprised not to see Whelan in there.

Who does Burnett have on the selection panel with him? Would he pick the initial squad himself or do it with the help of a panel?

Must admit so was l til l just found out he is overseas on a holiday. I need to do my homework:p

Coach Paul Burnett is working with selectors Nev Montgomery, Rod O'Neill, Jack Smyth and Cobey Seamer. Hopefully everyone on this thread gets on board to acknowledge the strength of the squad, there have been good players miss out purely due to the fact that nearly all of our top players have put their hands up. Please don't take potshots unless you absolutely have your facts right. The selectors have viewed 19 of a possible 24 games so far this season and have not taken even one selection lightly. Craig Whelan would have been one of the first players picked if available, fortunately we still have some other key forwards in really good form.

Hey jacbax#13 I would like your thoughts on the Avenel game, Seen you were nearly beaten by a 2nd rate side.(coach quote). After spending all that money.:D

Hey jacbax#13 I would like your thoughts on the Avenel game, Seen you were nearly beaten by a 2nd rate side.(coach quote). After spending all that money.:D

I know I'm not Jax, know where near as large around the girth, but for what it's worth -

Why would the Avenel coach call his team a second rate side?

They have some bloody good talls and I would currently rate them above Stanhope and Longwood but under Murchison.

Good crowd that got behind their club and I hope they made a bit of money on the day after spending all that money!

I have read your quote the correct way haven't I?

I know I'm not Jax, know where near as large around the girth, but for what it's worth -

They have some bloody good talls and I would currently rate them above Stanhope and Longwood but under Murchison.

Good crowd that got behind their club and I hope they made a bit of money on the day after spending all that money!

Sorry the quote was made by VT coach, I'm pretty sure of.

l actually thought that it was a good game, Avenel played quite well and have improved alot. Our blokes were a bit flat after half time which Avenel took full advantage and out scored us by two goals. l don't know wether winning by 10 goals constitutes being nearly beaten but all you can do is win and the boys as far as l know are still 4 from 4. If these guys turned up on your door step and wanted to play for your club, would you take them or send them packing:rolleyes:. As for all that money, how much are we spending?:rolleyes:

l actually thought that it was a good game, Avenel played quite well and have improved alot. Our blokes were a bit flat after half time which Avenel took full advantage and out scored us by two goals. l don't know wether winning by 10 goals constitutes being nearly beaten but all you can do is win and the boys as far as l know are still 4 from 4. If these guys turned up on your door step and wanted to play for your club, would you take them or send them packing:rolleyes:. As for all that money, how much are we spending?:rolleyes:
A Jax!
I "love" that arguement .. which I've even heard from a couple of Longwood "supporters" who get there at half-time after golf to avoid paying to get in!! (Forget about paying membership). "Hey Carrot .. if you had a benefactor come in from the racehorse community in the hills and offered to fund a side with bulk dollars .. what would your answer be?"
Simple .. if my Aunty Roberta grew a beard I'd call her Uncle Bob!! (Many interpretations to that response but it's pretty obvious what I mean!!!!) Cheers John Carrot
ps A clue is the old conundrum .. which came first the chook or the egg!! Cheers Cob..

Was a good game on the weekend with the final margin being a tad dissapointing as it seemed to be a tough contest all day. VT were just far too polished and used the footy very well. They are a very good outfit.

Cheers for rating us above Longwood sparra, But i guess only time will tell as we play them in round 12.

We had a great crowd on saturday, it was good to see, not sure what you are on about regarding hoping they made a bit of money after spending all that money ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a good game on the weekend with the final margin being a tad dissapointing as it seemed to be a tough contest all day. VT were just far too polished and used the footy very well. They are a very good outfit.

Cheers for rating us above Longwood sparra, But i guess only time will tell as we play them in round 12.

We had a great crowd on saturday, it was good to see, not sure what you are on about regarding hoping they made a bit of money after spending all that money ???
I think he was refering to the jumping castle, not cheap now days:D

Will tell after Sat when our new 6'10 ruckman takes the field..

watched a bloke who was a giant of a man in the ruck once, first thoughts was he is going to kill us, but then he was slow,didnt run,soft,and could hardle get his feet of the ground.
So because he is 6'10 does not mean he is any good.

watched a bloke who was a giant of a man in the ruck once, first thoughts was he is going to kill us, but then he was slow,didnt run,soft,and could hardle get his feet of the ground.
So because he is 6'10 does not mean he is any good.
Thats why he is now 7'1:D

You catch
on quick my friend, perhaps thats why they call you Speedy?:p
Luv this banter Jack!! Might even be given a WAPAWARD .. The "What A Pearler Award" in the Redlegs report in the Euroa Gaz!! Keep the cards and letters coming you blokes .. Cheers John Carrot p.s This big bloke will be eleven foot fourteen inches by the end of the season!! So does that increase the stipend to $1141 per game by then Jack?Wink..

Luv this banter Jack!! Might even be given a WAPAWARD .. The "What A Pearler Award" in the Redlegs report in the Euroa Gaz!! Keep the cards and letters coming you blokes .. Cheers John Carrot p.s This big bloke will be eleven foot fourteen inches by the end of the season!! So does that increase the stipend to $1141 per game by then Jack?Wink..
A good thing you weren't at the Avenel v Violet Town game JC. I don't know how you would have coped with hearing that it's costing VT 10k a week to put their team on the ground. :eek:

just under was the figure posted on here by heraldsun some time ago, $140,000 for the year, pretty sure only one person that frequents these boards would actually know! Was a fair assumption that they were spending the most last year and they have only upped the ante this year. Anything around or above the $100,000 mark is extreme overkill (but I suppose there comes a time when if you have the money and haven't won one for a long time, you do whatever it takes), a reliable source said Nagambie budgeted for $80,000 but couldnt spend it all, as much as they tried.

A good thing you weren't at the Avenel v Violet Town game JC. I don't know how you would have coped with hearing that it's costing VT 10k a week to put their team on the ground. :eek:
Yep thats right, with the price of tape going up every year any wonder its 10k:p

wouldnt send them packing, but do you really expect us to believe they made the first move.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back