KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any update on Kayne Pettifer playing for merrigum round 1..? Heard they also tried with fev and Nathan brown.. Would be a good coup for the comp and a great way to kick off the 2012 season under lights in ky.

Also keen to hear from jaxbac if Mick gay is a chance to sign with the towners, which is the talk of the town at Heidelberg.

Things going well at Rushy with plenty on the track and enthusiasm high. Going to be a cracker year in the kdl, VT & lanky prob still out in front, Rushy looking good and any of Stanhope, undera, Murch, tally and nagambie still capable of doing some damage if they get a few more recruits.

Why would pettifer be playing at merrigum rnd 1??
my god if gay played at the towners then someone has defintaly won tattslotto

Any update on Kayne Pettifer playing for merrigum round 1..? Heard they also tried with fev and Nathan brown.. Would be a good coup for the comp and a great way to kick off the 2012 season under lights in ky.

heard its pettifer and brown, as the gum have a sportsman night that night and have talked them into playing a one off... and god help us tav if mick gay does turn up at VT, might need to get lout to stand on webby's shoulders:D

Also keen to hear from jaxbac if Mick gay is a chance to sign with the towners, which is the talk of the town at Heidelberg.

Things going well at Rushy with plenty on the track and enthusiasm high. Going to be a cracker year in the kdl, VT & lanky prob still out in front, Rushy looking good and any of Stanhope, undera, Murch, tally and nagambie still capable of doing some damage if they get a few more recruits.
Shit I hope not Tav, might ruin any chance of Sparra and myself getting a hard earned spot in the one's after a solid pre-season:D

Whatever you've done, or got, jax, you've assembled a good team. Heard from th horses mouth that Daniel sage is/has signed with VT also. Runner up in a Morrison medal for euroa, he's possibly the best recruit of the lot.

Pushes them ahead of lanky in premiership betting in my mind and he's also pretty good mates with Mick gay..

Also, marcopolo, pretty sure Pettifer is pelly's cousin, so that's the connection there, but I think petts has signed with montmorency and they're reluctant to let him play at the gum.

Whatever you've done, or got, jax, you've assembled a good team. Heard from th horses mouth that Daniel sage is/has signed with VT also. Runner up in a Morrison medal for euroa, he's possibly the best recruit of the lot.

Pushes them ahead of lanky in premiership betting in my mind and he's also pretty good mates with Mick gay..

How long since the Towners won a flag? I know they played off in one in 2003. Always found them a good bunch, so if Avenel can't win it then I hope VT can :thumbsu:

Might surprise a few if what I'm hearing is correct, surely some of the inclusions will make an impact.
Well at the moment Avenel's lost Gerard Liddell, although there are 11 new guys coming in through the clearances:

David Brain and Dom Russo (Seymour)
John Burns (Rennie)
Andrew Green (Keilor Park)
Grant Hateley, Ryan Lambert, Duncan Lowis, Lachlan McKenzie, Daniel Nevill and Emmett O'Connor (Glenrowan)
Aaron Quigley (Yea)

Surely they can improve a hell of a lot from last year, even if they are starting a long way back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early days I know but who are the interleague chances from your club? From the gum I'd say the Barnett brothers, Stammers, Giles and Connally should be looked at. Will be some tough competition for spots!

Well at the moment Avenel's lost Gerard Liddell, although there are 11 new guys coming in through the clearances:

David Brain and Dom Russo (Seymour)
John Burns (Rennie)
Andrew Green (Keilor Park)
Grant Hateley, Ryan Lambert, Duncan Lowis, Lachlan McKenzie, Daniel Nevill and Emmett O'Connor (Glenrowan)
Aaron Quigley (Yea)

Surely they can improve a hell of a lot from last year, even if they are starting a long way back.

Bloody oath :thumbsu:

Have heard recently that there is a few people high up at murch that are very concerned with there budget this year and how they are goung to pay up. Im not a fan of people having a crack at clubs who recruit heavily if they have the coin there but where to for murch in 2013 if this is true and they cant pay up? T.durward will go milne will go burns will go kay will go and all of a sudden 6 or 7 have left and you have no money left. Its alot of money to spend to finish a nice 3rd or 4th

Have heard recently that there is a few people high up at murch that are very concerned with there budget this year and how they are goung to pay up. Im not a fan of people having a crack at clubs who recruit heavily if they have the coin there but where to for murch in 2013 if this is true and they cant pay up? T.durward will go milne will go burns will go kay will go and all of a sudden 6 or 7 have left and you have no money left. Its alot of money to spend to finish a nice 3rd or 4th

mate the coach was given a budget and is still within that, so he tells me. not sure why murch would give him a budget then worry about how they pay up.

mate the coach was given a budget and is still within that, so he tells me. not sure why murch would give him a budget then worry about how they pay up.

I'll tell you why. Footy clubs operate under a system where they commit to spending money they haven't made yet. Sure they might have some cash in the coffers to start with and they will have commitments from sponsors but a fair chunk of their operating costs are funded by what they make during the footy season.

So while clubs give their recruiting committee a budget to work to, doesn't necessarily mean they have the cash in the bank. It's a calculated risk that becomes more difficult to achieve when you increase your commitment to spend in the way murch appear to have (admittedly I don't know for sure that they have).

It's a good thing to be concerned about how your club will afford the big name recruits and what will happen in the following seasons. The road to financial ruin is littered with clubs that hired well meaning but short sighted glory seeking coaches. Let's hope for murch's sake the bean counters have got their estimates right and remain vigilant throughout the year.

Also, marcopolo, pretty sure Pettifer is pelly's cousin, so that's the connection there, but I think petts has signed with montmorency and they're reluctant to let him play at the gum.

Would this be Sagey 3rd club since this time last year????
Has he played much footy in the last few years?

A handy player none the less, but I would think Russ Lee is the best out of them all.

Mick Gay will be a very good inclusion for VT.

SOunds like Trotts is moving heaven and earth(ok petrol) to win a flag.

Would this be Sagey 3rd club since this time last year????
Has he played much footy in the last few years?

A handy player none the less, but I would think Russ Lee is the best out of them all.

Mick Gay will be a very good inclusion for VT.

SOunds like Trotts is moving heaven and earth(ok petrol) to win a flag.

I will be waiting for the clearance details before I make judgments re a couple of the players mentioned above Bossman.

And between the footy club and fishing, trotts barely has time to make it to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back