KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That certainly gives Murchison & Undera something to look forward to ;), but seriously though, your club still has the means & connections to fill those gaps on your list.

I hope that the redevelopment at Violet Town (and Rushworth with a new scoreboard I believe) goes ahead, because putting club money into something shiny and new is good for everyone, instead of having the same old facilities (or as far as Murch is concerned pre-historic) year after year

No new scoreboard will be going up at Rushworth this year but I can confirm that they are spending a lot of cash next year, not on players but on rebuilding the clubrooms. They are looking to have the improvments complete by round 3.

No new scoreboard will be going up at Rushworth this year but I can confirm that they are spending a lot of cash next year, not on players but on rebuilding the clubrooms. They are looking to have the improvments complete by round 3.
Any chance the rooms will be closer to the ground?

Yep all correct. Russ, Wheels and jake all off to Gunbower for what can only be described as an offer nobody could refuse. Helped us win a flag so wish them all the best for the future. Good Blokes and a big loss but we have the best recruiter money can buy and already some ripping replacements on the way..I HOPE;)
These 3 wouldn't be coming up for under 90 to a 100 big ones.

So they're getting more than $150G between them???;)

Spoke to a L/gunbower person today and they said it was easy to sign them as they said they were not happy there !!! Plus the bag fills of cash help also lol

Spoke to a L/gunbower person today and they said it was easy to sign them as they said they were not happy there !!! Plus the bag fills of cash help also lol

Can't agree with the first part of that comment. Have been in contact with Russ and he said it was an incredibly tough decision to make. How could they possibly not have enjoyed it; they all played the best footy of their careers and won a senior flag! Plus they got to hang out with Bodzy every weekend..

The only reason they left, in my opinion, was for the dough. Personally, I'd still be disappointed if an assistant coach left not long after signing, but like Jax said, Lee, Whelan and Williams won them a flag and no-one can take that away from them, so if they want to look after themselves financially, move on.

For what's it worth, I reckon all the guys who have left to go to LG will be at the 10yr flag reunion, be invited with open arms and have a cracking night.

Can't agree with the first part of that comment. Have been in contact with Russ and he said it was an incredibly tough decision to make. How could they possibly not have enjoyed it; they all played the best footy of their careers and won a senior flag! Plus they got to hang out with Bodzy every weekend..

The only reason they left, in my opinion, was for the dough. Personally, I'd still be disappointed if an assistant coach left not long after signing, but like Jax said, Lee, Whelan and Williams won them a flag and no-one can take that away from them, so if they want to look after themselves financially, move on.

For what's it worth, I reckon all the guys who have left to go to LG will be at the 10yr flag reunion, be invited with open arms and have a cracking night.
it just shows how much country footy is ruined by the money hungry generation y. one year players win a flag and then piss off.piss weak!!!!!!!!

That's great, I hope it all works well for you and that it's a vast improvement on what you have now (Why Spend heaps of $ on an electric scoreboard that breaks down when you have Don Clarke who puts up all the numbers up quickly & is always right).

Murchison is supposed to be getting two new netball courts (which should've been done by now!) but, I hope to christ we have them before round 1 otherwise we're in deep s##t

That's great, I hope it all works well for you and that it's a vast improvement on what you have now (Why Spend heaps of $ on an electric scoreboard that breaks down when you have Don Clarke who puts up all the numbers up quickly & is always right).

Murchison is supposed to be getting two new netball courts (which should've been done by now!) but, I hope to christ we have them before round 1 otherwise we're in deep s##t

who's coaching the murch netball a grade team this year Joe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who's coaching the murch netball a grade team this year Joe?
Fluer Ferguson's still taking charge of the A & B Grades, as far as everyone else goes, I know them, but not of the top of my head, but I can tell you that Dale Alderton & David Murray are taking charge of the two's & Mark Brown (former Dookie Utd. U17's coach), is coaching our 3rds so overall, things are falling into place

Fluer Ferguson's still taking charge of the A & B Grades, as far as everyone else goes, I know them, but not of the top of my head, but I can tell you that Dale Alderton & David Murray are taking charge of the two's & Mark Brown (former Dookie Utd. U17's coach), is coaching our 3rds so overall, things are falling into place
Think you might mean Nick Brown ?

it just shows how much country footy is ruined by the money hungry generation y. one year players win a flag and then piss off.piss weak!!!!!!!!

Hate to say I told you so but what's that truism about leopards and spots?
Russ' caravan of cash has now rolled throug H'Berg (x2), Mooroopna, VT and is now heading to Gunbower to empty out the vaults there. He could always come back to H"berg, if only to fish his B/F photo out of the Yarra :p

Is there a fixture out yet for the 2013 KDFL season? I know the Riddell DFL is coming up for interleague but does anyone know a starting date as I'm trying to lock in our praccy games?

Is there a fixture out yet for the 2013 KDFL season? I know the Riddell DFL is coming up for interleague but does anyone know a starting date as I'm trying to lock in our praccy games?

My info says 6th April (Murch round 1 bye)

I'd be very surprised if a couple of KDFL clubs didnt have anything to do with the poaching of these 3. The new (very smart) recruiting strategy is coming to the fore and will be more important than any recruits their clubs actually get.;)

Hank you may have given VT some recruiting ideas. They have apparently approached new recruits and existing players from rival teams. Rutley Bros and Mellington are some that have been mentioned. Getting quality players in from outside the league makes the KDFL stronger and is fair enough but offering ridiculous amounts of money for these players is "Very poor form Peter".

Hank you may have given VT some recruiting ideas. They have apparently approached new recruits and existing players from rival teams. Rutley Bros and Mellington are some that have been mentioned. Getting quality players in from outside the league makes the KDFL stronger and is fair enough but offering ridiculous amounts of money for these players is "Very poor form Peter".
Are these the same Rutleys that played at Boort? Would b getting a bit long in the tooth by now wouldnt they?

Pretty sure VT were already applying this recruiting method before they got pick pocketed. Think they may have interviewed brad lowe straight after this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back