KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would, have in the past and regardless of the backlash I'd do it again. A honest pay for an honest days work, but I'm still stuck 10-15 years ago (and its cost me) ;)
Have to agree Doona, If a player gets paid then he is an employee of the club, if he is not performing to the standard required by the club then the club has no other option but to cut them loose and either re-invest in another player or save the money. Football clubs are now a business and should be run as such..

I would, have in the past and regardless of the backlash I'd do it again. A honest pay for an honest days work, but I'm still stuck 10-15 years ago (and its cost me) ;)
You're not stuck, you're holding the fabric of society together. Years ago, a big recruit with pride in themselves who played a shocker would hand the cash back, put it on the bar* or the like. No shame in demanding the same of this generation.

* Okay maybe not necessarily the bar in today's climate (all of it anyway) but maybe kick it to the netball incentives. In a lot of clubs what the girls get is an embarrassment, especially given the fundraising and volunteer work that they do.

Have to agree Doona, If a player gets paid then he is an employee of the club, if he is not performing to the standard required by the club then the club has no other option but to cut them loose and either re-invest in another player or save the money. Football clubs are now a business and should be run as such..

That's an interesting take. Probably not a wise word to use, unless you're including workcover, long service leave, sick leave etc. Then there is the cutting of contracts, it's an expensive exercise that clubs can't afford to waste money on. Be careful what you sign off on.

That's an interesting take. Probably not a wise word to use, unless you're including workcover, long service leave, sick leave etc. Then there is the cutting of contracts, it's an expensive exercise that clubs can't afford to waste money on. Be careful what you sign off on.
Ok Woody, what do you call a player that gets paid then.Lucky I suppose :confused:

T
Ok Woody, what do you call a player that gets paid then.Lucky I suppose :confused:
To be honest, I don't know. There is no Fair Work agreement, so then I guess that it is a contract; implied or otherwise. Umpires get paid and they are covered for certain occurrences. Contributors seem to agree that recruits need to paid, and I am one of them. However, it is 2013, so regardless of what you believe, they cannot be classed as employees just because they are handed cash. Some clubs pay their boundary umpires and water boys, are they employees? Interesting that you mention that clubs are a business. Turnover would suggest that this is true. How many have an ABN and fill in a quarterly BAS? You used the word, you come up with a term.

T
To be honest, I don't know. There is no Fair Work agreement, so then I guess that it is a contract; implied or otherwise. Umpires get paid and they are covered for certain occurrences. Contributors seem to agree that recruits need to paid, and I am one of them. However, it is 2013, so regardless of what you believe, they cannot be classed as employees just because they are handed cash. Some clubs pay their boundary umpires and water boys, are they employees? Interesting that you mention that clubs are a business. Turnover would suggest that this is true. How many have an ABN and fill in a quarterly BAS? You used the word, you come up with a term.
All Clubs have an ABN and do a BAS one would think..

Maybe if there was not so many imports some of the locals might of stayed??? How many locals played yesterday ?? Good to top ya side up but is it sustainable for the next 3 years ??
10 local players played Saturday that had played thirds football at the club as well. 7 were new to the club this year and 4 players had played one year or more at the club(one of them being a senior premiership player). I think thats a good mix of locals and new players if you ask me, how many locals did you have playing on the weekend that have come through your thirds?

10 local players played Saturday that had played thirds football at the club as well. 7 were new to the club this year and 4 players had played one year or more at the club(one of them being a senior premiership player). I think thats a good mix of locals and new players if you ask me, how many locals did you have playing on the weekend that have come through your thirds?
We are very similar numbers to that Benny and you are spot on with saying that is a good mix. I think 13 out of the 24 players who have played seniors for Tatura this year have played at Tat since juniors or for a lot of years (4+). Another 4 are more recently from surrounding minor league clubs). We have 7 from Melbourne - 6 first year, 1 second year).

I'd just miss the final cut I'd say! Who would you tip from Stanhope to make the initial squad?
Mine would be Auld, Edwards, Mason, Young. With Karolidis and Emmett unlucky.

Hepburn, Mason, Williams and Auld.... Does it come down to the names who the club coaches put forward or does the Inter coach choose names?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hepburn, Mason, Williams and Auld.... Does it come down to the names who the club coaches put forward or does the Inter coach choose names?
Ahh could i forget Thumper! I've been told clubs nominate players this year as opposed to Burners picking the side last year

Money in the bank... Stanhope still the good value. The gum are sending josh Pell, Geoff Connally, Shane sali, Daniel Dryden and Logan Church for interleague training. Pell and Connally would have to be the two most likely to get in.

Hey.... Ummmm... So.....

Why don't Longwood just write off any chance of doing well in the 1's and just stack their 2's side with Seniors players?
Surely the 2's couldn't get pumped by any more than 314 points playing in the 1's.

And dare I say, Longwood may then be able to make a final, at least (even if it is just in the magoos).

There's no point having both sides getting thumped every week, right?

Debatable whether they'd make finals in the seconds, their "senior players" by rights are predominately 2's standard and not necessarily good reserve players. I doubt whether anyone would want to throw the seconds to the lions, I'm sure they could do worse, and no one wants to see that. You will however see all the top sides resting key players against the Redlegs so hopefully this will help reduce the margins.

Disbanding the BDFL should never have happened. Bonnie Doon is the only one of the former BDFL clubs that has a chance of being sustainable in a decade, thanks to the VCFL.
All the ex-BDFL clubs have a chance of being sustainable. It doesn't matter what league you are in, it matters how your club is administrated, how you raise funds to compete, your sponsors and your volunteers. Violet Town, Benalla All Blacks, Glenrowan are all former BDFL clubs that have improved, no reason why the others can't. North Wangaratta and Tarrawingee were two ordinary sides not that long ago in the O&K but are going ok now. But is that due more to better sides like Rutherglen, Chiltern and Beechworth all leaving to go to the tallangatta league 10 years ago? On field performance all goes in cycles.

All the ex-BDFL clubs have a chance of being sustainable. It doesn't matter what league you are in, it matters how your club is administrated, how you raise funds to compete, your sponsors and your volunteers. Violet Town, Benalla All Blacks, Glenrowan are all former BDFL clubs that have improved, no reason why the others can't. North Wangaratta and Tarrawingee were two ordinary sides not that long ago in the O&K but are going ok now. But is that due more to better sides like Rutherglen, Chiltern and Beechworth all leaving to go to the tallangatta league 10 years ago? On field performance all goes in cycles.
Yes, but clubs like Violet Town and All Blacks left the league when they were capable of doing so, Longwood and company were forced out and left to sink or swim. From my understanding, the Benalla league was a lot stronger at the time when VT, Glenrowan and All Blacks left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back