KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapman 0 weeks.. This league is a dead set joke. It may as well be a blood bath from now on fellas. This is the precedent. Back to the "good old days" for us. Little wonder we lag at the bottom of the VCFL rankings. I am in disbelief.. Connally may not play again this season, Chapman walks. Am I missing something?!?!?
should we be surprised, I am not.. Some of the decisions that our tribunal panel has made have been questionable for some time now. Wonder what he would have got if he had of been in the AFL system with the head contact policy?

Chapman 0 weeks.. This league is a dead set joke. It may as well be a blood bath from now on fellas. This is the precedent. Back to the "good old days" for us. Little wonder we lag at the bottom of the VCFL rankings. I am in disbelief.. Connally may not play again this season, Chapman walks. Am I missing something?!?!?

Was talking to Geoff today and he said the guy representing chapman even apologised to him saying "he was only doing his job".... that says something don't you think

Was talking to Geoff today and he said the guy representing chapman even apologised to him saying "he was only doing his job".... that says something don't you think

I'm am a player from another league over near Bendigo. If a kdfl club approached me (highly unlikely) to come and play for them i have to be honest and say that these types of things would impact heavily on my decision. Why I am going to front up on a weekend to play amateur sport and potentially be assaulted, receive serious injuries, potentially miss work/lose income and the perpetrator doesn't even receive a punishment from the league.

Not sure if you have spoken to Geoff since the hearing but you might find he himself changed his opinion of the incident after seeing it broken down ;)

Not sure if you have spoken to Geoff since the hearing but you might find he himself changed his opinion of the incident after seeing it broken down

No. He hasn't. There is no other way to look at it. If you crush someone's skull with head high contact you have duty of care for why you have caused. Claim what you like about his intent, he still should get weeks. Even though he did mean it.

what a sad day for KDL footy what a weak and gutless decision by the Kdl tribunal .Why should
Merrigum be the losers here not only do they have a player and a top player and bloke as well
left with severe facial injury,s and not to mention big dollars being put up for the investigation
WRONG !!!

Not sure if you have spoken to Geoff since the hearing but you might find he himself changed his opinion of the incident after seeing it broken down ;)

Well I have spoken to him.. as we work at the same place.. and I saw him at 6.00am this morning and he definitely hasn't changed his opinion... I can guarantee that!!

Well I have spoken to him.. as we work at the same place.. and I saw him at 6.00am this morning and he definitely hasn't changed his opinion... I can guarantee that!!

And why would he change his opinion .Footage shows head contact while ball is being marked in
his midriff region A good 2 feet from the ball {Trying to spoil bull sht) ?

And why would he change his opinion .Footage shows head contact while ball is being marked in
his midriff region A good 2 feet from the ball {Trying to spoil bull sht) ?

Is there an appeal process ? If so and I haven't seen the footage if its as clear as you say they should take that action or let's just leave it , A thug is a thug They don't change

should we be surprised, I am not.. Some of the decisions that our tribunal panel has made have been questionable for some time now. Wonder what he would have got if he had of been in the AFL system with the head contact policy?
One name, Ian Findlay!!, he would have been telling the tribunal members how to do there job and they would have been bowing in agreement.;)

what a sad day for KDL footy what a weak and gutless decision by the Kdl tribunal .Why should
Merrigum be the losers here not only do they have a player and a top player and bloke as well
left with severe facial injury,s and not to mention big dollars being put up for the investigation
WRONG !!!
look who got best today for murch.

Heard that 2 ardy blokes had a hold of a rushy player while a third did the punching... but doubt there were any reports
Heard wrong mate.. :mad: ....
Not really... the bloke doing the punching has a date Friday night for 2 counts of striking.. so i must have heard something :D
Hello !!!! did I say anything about the striking ???? NO.
Yes he is reported and yes also reported for intent, But, I dont recall any others guys holding him like YOU MIGHT, while he belted him, the other guy got one in too so id say yep there was intent to smack him, which he might have done...... toe to toe.

Hello !!!! did I say anything about the striking ???? NO.
Yes he is reported and yes also reported for intent, But, I dont recall any others guys holding him like YOU MIGHT, while he belted him, the other guy got one in too so id say yep there was intent to smack him, which he might have done...... toe to toe.
Why HELLO to you too digger.... Yes you may not have mentioned striking, but I did, as that was why he was reported... :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bo Harrison got reported today for striking, 262 games and never been reported or ever been sent off, interesting day for the league and tribunal. Lets see if they are consistant or not...

Good luck with that Jax! I'm tipping Bo gets a week... :confused:
Hank spot on. Ian Findlay was the key, he basically confused their simple minds and steered the debate the way which suited him. Very good advocate. The part about "sorry mate, I was just doing my job" is true.. Just shows how very little regard we have for the victims in this joint!

Good luck with that Jax! I'm tipping Bo gets a week... :confused:
Hank spot on. Ian Findlay was the key, he basically confused their simple minds and steered the debate the way which suited him. Very good advocate. The part about "sorry mate, I was just doing my job" is true.. Just shows how very little regard we have for the victims in this joint!
Your probably right but would be an injustice, on another note a big congrats to Pat Horsburgh on being named in the guts for the Vic country side which is a massive achievement for a fantastic footballer and equally fantastic bloke:thumbsu:

Your probably right but would be an injustice, on another note a big congrats to Pat Horsburgh on being named in the guts for the Vic country side which is a massive achievement for a fantastic footballer and equally fantastic bloke:thumbsu:

Well done Paddy a great effort , flying the flag for our league :). How good would out inter league side be if all the other "so called " good players put their hand up and had a real crack at rep footy, this make paddy the best player in our league :)

Well done Paddy a great effort , flying the flag for our league :). How good would out inter league side be if all the other "so called " good players put their hand up and had a real crack at rep footy, this make paddy the best player in our league :)
Yeah I noticed all of Murchison's star players were selected for the crunch game against Ardmona; obviously the fitness clouds they were under for the interleague weekend are no longer a concern.

Yeah I noticed all of Murchison's star players were selected for the crunch game against Ardmona; obviously the fitness clouds they were under for the interleague weekend are no longer a concern.

And they really would have needed them against Ardmona.

and by the way according to a few in the Lanky cheer squad on Satdy all Towner players come from Melb and all their players live work and play in Lancaster. Hmmm I didn't really think it was that big, but they did only mention this in the last quarter when the game was well and truly over.

And they really would have needed them against Ardmona.

and by the way according to a few in the Lanky cheer squad on Satdy all Towner players come from Melb and all their players live work and play in Lancaster. Hmmm I didn't really think it was that big, but they did only mention this in the last quarter when the game was well and truly over.
They were probably including the often forgotten suburb of Lancaster known as Kyabram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back