KDFL June 07 -August 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Thats fair enough Doona just putting out there what i heard today I don't follow any kdl club just local footy in general but this sounds like this game will be worth watching Im looking forward to Meka V's James

Still think your informant is a bit off with that figure but am in a similar boat mate, just love me footy and the discussion points it throws up.

Has been plenty of banter between these pages of late and if I didn't have me own footy commitments reckon Id be there as well on Saturday. Either way these two clubs will meet again I think and hopefully it's on a day im free next time.

hey fellas going on footy fans rumours i actually heard is is more like 1200 a game.....

where do they get that type of money from???

hey fellas going on footy fans rumours i actually heard is is more like 1200 a game.....

where do they get that type of money from???[/QU

Halve that figure and u would be alot closer I reckon... maybe even take a bit more off... From what i know and havnt had a hell of alot to do with Stanhope this year... but they wouldnt be spending all that much so im sure they could fit the big fella into their salary cap for 5 or more games....

where do they get that type of money from???

What i heard was $1000 a game off one person and then someone else said he gets a further $100 a goal but that sounds a bit over the top. And getting paid during finals as well, I think contracted players generaly only get payed in home and away ( I might be wrong there) if thats the case I wouldn't be happy if i was one of the other stanhope contracted players. But it is all rumors.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Why do they call you Glass jaw, Fergz?

HAHAHAHAHA:D
That does not worry me, cause there are gutless people out there (like yourself) that have to king hit and fight in packs. Now its all metal... like they say you cant hurt steel... HAHAHAHA!!!:p:p Are you a soccer fan or what cause you never talk any footy or when you migrated to AUSTRALIA could'nt you get a game of footy. I reckon you must have been one of them type of poor kids that would get picked last even after the girls. I know everyone is against ardy but what are the tips for the last round.... anyone???

What i heard was $1000 a game off one person and then someone else said he gets a further $100 a goal but that sounds a bit over the top. And getting paid during finals as well, I think contracted players generaly only get payed in home and away ( I might be wrong there) if thats the case I wouldn't be happy if i was one of the other stanhope contracted players. But it is all rumors.

I heard $1000 a game good money what poor bloke had to move over let him in Bit wrong on other players they dont get payed for finals but he does i know what i would be telling them .might go for look myself

Merrigum v Lancaster (too strong)
Undera v Yea (sorry Tiges)
Tallygaroopna v Rushworth (good sides shouldn't lose 2 in a row???)
Ardmona v Stanhope (Classic - James 9, Meka 3)
Nagambie v Avenel (finish off a good year by 40points)
Girgarre v Violet Town (Towners gearing up)

He asked for $500 a game from a club in Melbourne and they knocked him back, he was then going to play for Broadford but because of his suspension wouldn't have been able to qualify for finals, so Stanhope was probably one of his last resorts so somewhere around that $500 mark would be about right IMO. Even if it was a $1000 and they were paying him to play finals, $5,000 for the year for a player that will average 10 goals a game would be money well spent if they win it.
Ardy paid Yze $1000+ a game in 2002 and he would've played 15-20 games so theres $15-$20,00 on the one player for the year, $5,000 is insignificant when you look at it that way.
As for the players reactions, I can gaurantee they wouldnt give two hoots what he is on if he keeps kicking 10 a game and they win the premiership.

Now thats a pretty big post by our latest big footy debutante!!!

Id be doubtful on that figure mate, Aaron didn't have a lot of options re: footy in 2007 and Stanhope provided that chance and bolstered their flag hopes at the same time. Any club in a similar situation would do the same surely, just as I did for my club.

Think it's 20 goals in two outings against finals contenders which aint a bad start - whatever it does cost them is irrelevant if they win the season decider . . . . . then it becomes money well spent IMO.

Yeah you're right Doona - he wasn't available for many games which makes it more believable that he would be getting somewhere in the vicinity of $1000 per game + goals. A bit cheaper for the club (only have to pay him for 6 or 7 games), and he can maximise his income for the year - no doubt he would have gone where the biggest pay cheque was - and who can blame him? Why would you take $500 when there's $1000 on the table? Will he be at Stanhope next year? $1000 per game is not that uncommon these days - even (or especially!) in the minor leagues.

Yeah you're right Doona - he wasn't available for many games which makes it more believable that he would be getting somewhere in the vicinity of $1000 per game + goals. A bit cheaper for the club (only have to pay him for 6 or 7 games), and he can maximise his income for the year - no doubt he would have gone where the biggest pay cheque was - and who can blame him? Why would you take $500 when there's $1000 on the table? Will he be at Stanhope next year? $1000 per game is not that uncommon these days - even (or especially!) in the minor leagues.

The man Himself said he went to stanhope because the KDFL was the only league he would qualify for ,for finals , someone he knew put him onto stanhope and off he went , around $600 a game plus goals was mentioned at stanhope on Sat by a stanhope offical.
Had he knew anyone else at a club in the KDFL he would of gone there , rather than knowing someone at stanhope , but good on them they will bw very hard to beat after what i saw on saturday

The man Himself said he went to stanhope because the KDFL was the only league he would qualify for ,for finals , someone he knew put him onto stanhope and off he went , around $600 a game plus goals was mentioned at stanhope on Sat by a stanhope offical.
Had he knew anyone else at a club in the KDFL he would of gone there , rather than knowing someone at stanhope , but good on them they will bw very hard to beat after what i saw on saturday

good luck to stanhope if they have got the money and don't tread on any local toes. Never know they may have a sponsor that walked up to the committee and handed over a few grand and said lets win a flag.

I find it hard to believe an official letting others know he was on around $600 a game.

And I am sure Patten would not expect them to be over the line yet, as one snowflake does not make a winter

good luck to stanhope if they have got the money and don't tread on any local toes. Never know they may have a sponsor that walked up to the committee and handed over a few grand and said lets win a flag.

I find it hard to believe an official letting others know he was on around $600 a game.

And I am sure Patten would not expect them to be over the line yet, as one snowflake does not make a winter
Nor does one swollow make a Spring.

Really looking forward to this weeks match between ardy and Stanhope. Stanhope have been our biggest rival over the years, but that rivalry pales into insignificance compared to the one they've now forged with Ardy.. I guess the obvious questions are - what are the chances of ardy trying to smash/injure the big bloke? How well will he be able to contain himself and not get sucked in and sent off/reported when and if he does receive a bit of attention? And now I know this may seem a ridiculous statement, but hypothetically, what would happen if Ardy forfeited this week?? Would that mean james wouldn't be eligible for finals? I know they'd never do it, but what a story it'd be..

Like Doona, I hope it isn't the last time these 2 teams meet, would love to watch the fireworks if they played each other in the finals..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merrigum v Lancaster (too strong)
Undera v Yea (sorry Tiges)
Tallygaroopna v Rushworth (good sides shouldn't lose 2 in a row???)
Ardmona v Stanhope (Classic - James 9, Meka 3)
Nagambie v Avenel (finish off a good year by 40points)
Girgarre v Violet Town (Towners gearing up)

You talking about Tally or us, Doon?? Hopefully we can finish the year off on a high. Tally will no doubt want to bounce back this week, take some good form into the finals and make a statement against us. Unfortunately they match up the best against us out of all the teams in the comp, but finally, it looks as though we'll have a full strength side for the first time this year.

You talking about Tally or us, Doon?? Hopefully we can finish the year off on a high. Tally will no doubt want to bounce back this week, take some good form into the finals and make a statement against us. Unfortunately they match up the best against us out of all the teams in the comp, but finally, it looks as though we'll have a full strength side for the first time this year.

Was referring to both but went for the home team as far as a tip goes. Bit of a shame the top 6 rule wasn't in IMO,but I guess with Yea on the move top 5 is perfect again in 2008 and beyond.

That does not worry me, cause there are gutless people out there (like yourself) that have to king hit and fight in packs. Now its all metal... like they say you cant hurt steel... HAHAHAHA!!!:p:p Are you a soccer fan or what cause you never talk any footy or when you migrated to AUSTRALIA could'nt you get a game of footy. I reckon you must have been one of them type of poor kids that would get picked last even after the girls. I know everyone is against ardy but what are the tips for the last round.... anyone???
all good fergz we're closing in on him wont be much longer

Really looking forward to this weeks match between ardy and Stanhope. Stanhope have been our biggest rival over the years, but that rivalry pales into insignificance compared to the one they've now forged with Ardy.. I guess the obvious questions are - what are the chances of ardy trying to smash/injure the big bloke? How well will he be able to contain himself and not get sucked in and sent off/reported when and if he does receive a bit of attention? And now I know this may seem a ridiculous statement, but hypothetically, what would happen if Ardy forfeited this week?? Would that mean james wouldn't be eligible for finals? I know they'd never do it, but what a story it'd be..

Like Doona, I hope it isn't the last time these 2 teams meet, would love to watch the fireworks if they played each other in the finals..

I've heard those rumours too, Tav, that there could be something like that going down in reference to Aaron James, that someone's got the job to try to get him sent off/suspended on Saturday, because I think that he's going to be the difference if these two sides make it to the Grand Final again.

Because a bloke that size is difficult to match up against, regardless of how frugal the Ardmona defence is.

I think that Ardy slightly has the slight edge over Violet Town in the Qualifying Final next week, but it all depends on the blokes from VT being able to handle the physicality of Ardmona, and I think that the scars of last year's Grand Final will haunt Stanhope in regards to Ardmona, and having James there should make the difference, if he isn't then it's a different ball game.

And if Ardy didn't pay up, Aaron James would've missed out on the finals, as he would've played only two official games, instead of the minimum three.

Now back to next weeks matches, here are my selections.

Merrigum vs. LANCASTER

The wombats should be far too strong here and they should win by over 15 goals, but it will be interesting from my point of view who finishes last.

TALLYGAROOPNA vs Rushworth

It's a shame that Rushworth stand little chance of making the finals now, after losing to Undera last week (that loss to Yea has really made the difference between making the finals and missing out), but despite this, they should put on a good display against Tally, but after getting caned by Stanhope last week, Tally really have too much to play for, to let this one slip, because they realistically face Undera the week later in the Elimination Final, and that won't be an easy one for them either, Tally to win by 8 points in a close one.

Ardmona vs STANHOPE

If it was based solely on form, you would say Stanhope, but Ardmona on their home ground and with their history of getting on top of the Lions in the big ones aren't to be dismissed lightly.

And if the rumours are true, and if it's executed and goes according to plan for the home side, then you would have to back Ardmona.

There should be a big crowd there to witness the making of a shootout between the two big full forwards Meka & James, and although you would have to back James to kick more goals (I think he will kick 7 goals to Meka's 5), Stanhope should do just enough to fend of Ardy in what should be a high scoring and entertaining game by 18 points, but it all depends on what happens in regards to Aaron James.

Nagambie vs AVENEL

Avenel have done exceptionally well this season with their new coach, recruits and their Under 18's players performing beyond expectation, and you could say the same in regards to Gavin Gledhill's side Nagambie, with what they have done this season in becoming more competitive compared to last year.

But, considering that Avenel were still within shot of a finals berth only a few weeks ago, their annihilation of Girgarre last week, and the usual desire to end the season on a high, should see the Swans flying high in this game winning by 36 points, adding to a good foundation for season 2008.

Girgarre vs VIOLET TOWN

Violet Town should be gearing themselves for a showdown with Ardmona in the Qualifying Final, and you would reckon that with that to look forward to, that they should make easy work of Girgarre.

Gig on the other hand, although they have exceeded expectations with their recruits from N.T, their effort against Avenel suggests that a similar result is on the cards here, Violet Town to win by over 15 goals.

UNDERA vs Yea

Considering that Rushy would be hoping for the mother of all upsets here (if Yea beat Undera, and they beat Tally, they qualify for the finals), and the Tigers would also be hoping for a great send-off in the KDFL, somehow I don't think that Terry Mahoney would ever let his team let a chance of a finals berth slip here.

Yea should give Undera a run for their money for a half, but you would reckon that they have too many good players to fend off the Tigers in their last KDFL game (for now), and a good hit out here should lead to an interesting Elimination Final against Tally, Undera to win by 10 goals.

Murchison has the bye (thank god:D).

So the final 5 should look like this

Stanhope
Violet Town
Ardmona
Tallygaroopna
Undera
Rushworth
Avenel
Lancaster
Girgarre
Nagambie
Murchison
Merrigum
Yea

QUALIFYING FINAL
Violet Town vs Ardmona at Stanhope

ELIMINATION FINAL
Tallygaroopna vs Undera at Violet Town

Sparra , well i tell u mate it came direct from a commity member , mind you it was saturday arvo late after he had a few froffies , but and can only tell what i was told

Enjoyed watching the VT v Murch game on sat arvo lads. Patty Hors impressed me greatly. VT will be a better side on a bigger ground were there key forwards can get room. Notice now that the other 2 main contenders gane plan would center around the 2 big forwards and running may not be their strongest point:rolleyes:. A hard running backline may trouble them.

If you are playing for the seconds looks like you get picked after the girls.

Maybe the netball club has a spot for you?

Back to the game, I reckon it will be a Stanhope v. Violet Town Grand Final.

Shepboy, After reading the previous 10000 posts by your goodself, i get a feeling you are not a fan of Hairy Peka. Why is your hatred so strong, and have you had any bad experiences with the big man??? Who do you follow in KDFL??

Whatever badboy bubby... hows flo??? You sound like a real kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back