KDFL June 07 -August 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

You should get the facts rite before you you post stuff on here hank1

haha, come on Catdog, how much stuff posted on here is fact since you've been posting?
As I said in most post, I "HEARD" that was what happened, someone else posted something about an incident so posted to see if what I had HEARD was true. Never tried to have it come across that what I HEARD was gospel

Nah he never jumped a fence and belted someone. What you mean by tuning his missus?

A bloke was getting a bit too friendly with his other half, as I say only heard this. Please set the record straight with some facts fellas

A bloke was getting a bit too friendly with his other half, as I say only heard this. Please set the record straight with some facts fellas
None if its true, Seriously, I dont know where you guys get all this gossip from does ross daffy live out that way

None if its true, Seriously, I dont know where you guys get all this gossip from does ross daffy live out that way

Ross Duffy comes from Invergordon (Paul's from Melb.) Any truth to the rumour that Tally rested players from and during the game against Rushy Bunny Bill? Who ended up playing on Aaron James from the Ardy team and how did they go? No Rohan Aldous appearance at the KDFL league count very unusual.:D

Ross Duffy comes from Invergordon (Paul's from Melb.) Any truth to the rumour that Tally rested players from and during the game against Rushy Bunny Bill? Who ended up playing on Aaron James from the Ardy team and how did they go? No Rohan Aldous appearance at the KDFL league count very unusual.:D

freo got the big job on aaron james and was going quite well until he injured his knee he kicked 7 so was a few short of what he had kicked the weeks before..u need a double team on him because he is that big!!!

McNAMARA MEDAL (Top 10)

23: M. Shiels (Nag), D. Godsmark (Und ineligible).
21: M. Walker (VT).
19: J. Mason (Stan).
16: K. Groves (Avenel).
15: B. Lowe (Ard).
14: K. Sanders (Ard).
13: C. Kilmartin (Merr), C. Sanders (Stan), H. Best (Tally), R. Osborne (Tally).
12: P. Arandt (Avenel), R. Frappell (Tally).
11: A. Molisak (Tally), C. Carver (Lan), D. Winterton (Rush).
10: D. Marguglio (VT), J. Clavarino (Yea), M. Mills (VT), R. Isaac (Gir).
Interesting.
Admittedly, we didn't have the greatest year. But still won 9 games. And of those 9 games Ryan Mitchell was BOG in at least 4 of those, plus the three games we lost by less than a kick.
Completely shocked to not see his name in that group of players above.

Not sure how the umpires come up with the votes, but like I've said for years, if a team wins by more than 10 goals surely they've got the three better players on the ground?
Or do the umpires give out sympathy votes?

I'm not sure if you's will all know him, but I have not seen a player more important to his side than James 'Cozza' Clavarino (yea). He is extremely underrated and it really is inspiring to watch him put his little body on the line like he does. I'm interested to know peoples thoughts on him, I'm sure Doona will agree with me...

I'm not sure if you's will all know him, but I have not seen a player more important to his side than James 'Cozza' Clavarino (yea). He is extremely underrated and it really is inspiring to watch him put his little body on the line like he does. I'm interested to know peoples thoughts on him, I'm sure Doona will agree with me...
Has he played for Yea all this time?
I know he was a very good junior but will always be underated if he hasnt played footy in a major league.

so cosby on that theory of a player on team beat by 10 goals not deserving votes please explain.Having played with mick shiels this year and us only winning 5 games he is still a deserving winner.Just remember him being our best player attracts more attention and heavy tags but he is above all this and keep s going regardless.Whats easier playing well getting say 30 possies in awinning side or getting smashed and tagged hard but still getting 35 plus possies under hard pressure.

so cosby on that theory of a player on team beat by 10 goals not deserving votes please explain.Having played with mick shiels this year and us only winning 5 games he is still a deserving winner.Just remember him being our best player attracts more attention and heavy tags but he is above all this and keep s going regardless.Whats easier playing well getting say 30 possies in awinning side or getting smashed and tagged hard but still getting 35 plus possies under hard pressure.

I too was a little surprised to see a winner from Nagambie. Now I have to admit I haven't seen the boy play - but he obviously can a bit, but how can you be BOG in a side that loses by big margins more often than not. Now please don't take this as having a crack at Mick - certainly not what I'm doing - more just questioning how the umpires come up with their votes. A question for you barfly - what's easier? Getting 35 possies each week and being the best/standout player in an ordinary team - thereby attracting all the attention (and votes - someones gotta get the kicks), or being in the best 3 in a side with a lot of contributors that wins by a big margin. I just feel that the umps have probably taken the easy option - give the votes to the standout for the losing side rather than trying to pick the ACTUAL best players on the ground. But... I haven't seen any naggers games so i'm happy to be proven wrong here but it'll have to be a pretty good argument.

And barfly - you might be able to help me out here - what ever happened to Robbie Lincoln? He used to dominate the U18's a few years ago - I think even won a league medal or two. He was always a bit of a loose canon but he could really play the game?

the KDFL got another gig in the centre fold of the age sports section today

Thaw point

Paul Daffey | August 29, 2007

IT IS fair to say that the Final Word column in this paper a fortnight ago about the Ardmona Football Club's brutish tactics in its match against Tallygaroopna created a stir. Calling a club's players "two-bit thugs" and "outsiders" is bound to do that.
ABC radio's Goulburn Valley station and WIN-TV in Shepparton did follow-ups, as did Mark Fine on SEN in Melbourne.
Members of two clubs in the Kyabram District league, Tallygaroopna and Nagambie, contacted me to say that what had been written about Ardmona's propensity for head-high tackles was spot-on, and had been the case for many years.
The Avenel Football Club concurred with those sentiments when contacted to give its version of a recent incident after a match against Ardmona. At the Caledonian Hotel in Murchison, the piece on Ardmona generated much agreement after it had been photocopied and passed around.
Soon after the article had appeared, five clubs - Murchison, Rushworth, Girgarre, Undera and Stanhope - met in a bid to put pressure on league officials to make Ardmona pay its affiliation fees.
The penalty for not doing so can be deduction of points. The Cats, who were third on the ladder, owed $9000. They paid up straight away.
Significantly, the Goulburn Valley Umpires Association was roused to seek protection for its umpires. Some members are believed to have discussed whether it was appropriate to appoint 14- and 15-year-old girls as boundary umpires in Ardmona games, as had been the case in the game against Tallygaroopna.
Ardmona had a bye the week after its match at Tallygaroopna, but in the lead-up to Saturday's home game against Stanhope the umpires' association suggested that two protective fences might be put up to line the route between the umpires' rooms and the ground.
A compromise was reached when Greg Watson, the Kyabram District league secretary and a qualified security worker, said he would attend the game.
As the Ardmona senior team prepared for its match, coach Clinton Brereton could be heard urging his players to attack the football and not the man. Players and supporters made disparaging references to "the paper", meaning this paper.
Ardmona full-back Daniel Freeman had aroused a melee in the final minutes against Tallygaroopna by needlessly driving his opponent into the ground after the opponent had taken a big mark.
In this game, Freeman began by throwing out his fist to break the hold of an opponent who had held on to his jumper after a tackle. As minor as it was, this was the only act of unnecessary aggression for the match.

Has he played for Yea all this time?
I know he was a very good junior but will always be underated if he hasnt played footy in a major league.

Yeh he has always been at Yea, and i'm sure he will be here for the remainder of his footballing career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too was a little surprised to see a winner from Nagambie. Now I have to admit I haven't seen the boy play - but he obviously can a bit, but how can you be BOG in a side that loses by big margins more often than not. Now please don't take this as having a crack at Mick - certainly not what I'm doing - more just questioning how the umpires come up with their votes. A question for you barfly - what's easier? Getting 35 possies each week and being the best/standout player in an ordinary team - thereby attracting all the attention (and votes - someones gotta get the kicks), or being in the best 3 in a side with a lot of contributors that wins by a big margin. I just feel that the umps have probably taken the easy option - give the votes to the standout for the losing side rather than trying to pick the ACTUAL best players on the ground. But... I haven't seen any naggers games so i'm happy to be proven wrong here but it'll have to be a pretty good argument.

And barfly - you might be able to help me out here - what ever happened to Robbie Lincoln? He used to dominate the U18's a few years ago - I think even won a league medal or two. He was always a bit of a loose canon but he could really play the game?
only 6 of his 23 votes came from BOG's - he polled in 13 games

the KDFL got another gig in the centre fold of the age sports section today

Thaw point

Paul Daffey | August 29, 2007

IT IS fair to say that the Final Word column in this paper a fortnight ago about the Ardmona Football Club's brutish tactics in its match against Tallygaroopna created a stir. Calling a club's players "two-bit thugs" and "outsiders" is bound to do that.
ABC radio's Goulburn Valley station and WIN-TV in Shepparton did follow-ups, as did Mark Fine on SEN in Melbourne.
Members of two clubs in the Kyabram District league, Tallygaroopna and Nagambie, contacted me to say that what had been written about Ardmona's propensity for head-high tackles was spot-on, and had been the case for many years.
The Avenel Football Club concurred with those sentiments when contacted to give its version of a recent incident after a match against Ardmona. At the Caledonian Hotel in Murchison, the piece on Ardmona generated much agreement after it had been photocopied and passed around.
Soon after the article had appeared, five clubs - Murchison, Rushworth, Girgarre, Undera and Stanhope - met in a bid to put pressure on league officials to make Ardmona pay its affiliation fees.
The penalty for not doing so can be deduction of points. The Cats, who were third on the ladder, owed $9000. They paid up straight away.
Significantly, the Goulburn Valley Umpires Association was roused to seek protection for its umpires. Some members are believed to have discussed whether it was appropriate to appoint 14- and 15-year-old girls as boundary umpires in Ardmona games, as had been the case in the game against Tallygaroopna.
Ardmona had a bye the week after its match at Tallygaroopna, but in the lead-up to Saturday's home game against Stanhope the umpires' association suggested that two protective fences might be put up to line the route between the umpires' rooms and the ground.
A compromise was reached when Greg Watson, the Kyabram District league secretary and a qualified security worker, said he would attend the game.
As the Ardmona senior team prepared for its match, coach Clinton Brereton could be heard urging his players to attack the football and not the man. Players and supporters made disparaging references to "the paper", meaning this paper.
Ardmona full-back Daniel Freeman had aroused a melee in the final minutes against Tallygaroopna by needlessly driving his opponent into the ground after the opponent had taken a big mark.
In this game, Freeman began by throwing out his fist to break the hold of an opponent who had held on to his jumper after a tackle. As minor as it was, this was the only act of unnecessary aggression for the match.
there was more than that w***er write the lot

there was more than that w***er write the lot

no need to crack the shits thats all i got off the website, i read the article in the paper, i didnt realise i didnt copy the whole thing.. my bad, dont jump to conclusions too soon..

Freeman had his hands full trying to combat Stanhope's boom recruit Aaron James, the former AFL player, who would not weigh one gram less than 120 kilograms. James kicked eight goals.
Just before the final siren, a Stanhope player was forced off the ground after being caught in a high tackle. The sight of the blood streaming from the player's face brought a muted response from Stanhope supporters; nobody was quite sure whether it was the result of bad luck or malice. But they had their suspicions.
An older supporter turned towards the Ardmona supporters and said "You're a pack of bloody mongrels" before being told by Stanhope officials to sit down. A weird tension continued to hang over the ground before the siren rang to signal victory to Stanhope by four points. The win wrapped up the minor premiership for the Lions.
Ardmona players and supporters accept that they're unloved by rival clubs. Some seem to thrive on it. As I found during a spirited discussion outside the Ardmona rooms after Saturday's game, they can even handle being called two-bit thugs. But nobody at the club likes being called an outsider.
The intention of the reference to outsiders in the Final Word piece was to describe the fact that Ardmona attracts players and supporters from beyond country football's mainstream. Given that country football is a conservative institution, it's not hard to be outside that mainstream.
I gave two examples of those on country footy's fringe: Aborigines and Muslims of Albanian descent. The latter reference was to Perry Meka, Ardmona's 42-year-old full-forward who played in the recent Legends game.
This article could be taken up with stories about Meka, who is not popular outside his footy club. Following an investigation into the events after a recent game at Avenel, Meka was found to have slapped a teenage supporter and struck another one. He was suspended for six games. When his suspension was reduced to two games on appeal, rival clubs were angry.
Meka kicked five goals on Saturday to bring his season tally to 98. After the match he admitted he's not an angel, but he took umbrage to the description of outsider. "I'm not even Muslim," he said.
As a player, Meka is barely mobile enough to move out of the goal square. But on Saturday he was smart enough in one instance to receive the ball five metres in the clear because he'd lost his opponent.
Meka acknowledged that it might not have been my intention to pin the club's reputation on Muslims and Aborigines, but that was the interpretation. Darren Turner, an Aboriginal player who kicked four sublime goals in the second quarter on Saturday, agreed with that interpretation.
I explained to Turner that Paul Briggs, a prominent Aboriginal spokesman and the president of Shepparton's Rumbalara Football Club, had explained to me in an interview that he and many fellow Yorta Yorta men had shifted from club to club in the Goulburn Valley area, moving on after one or two years because they never felt accepted. The Rumbalara footy club was formed to give Aboriginal players a home, but some, like Turner, had found their way to Ardmona.
Turner later shook my hand, while Meka offered a drink. We talked about Shepparton and Shepparton United, which were the establishment clubs in that city, while the third major club, Lemnos, was once for outsiders. Now, as Shepparton Swans, the old Lemnos footy club is for outsiders only in that it attracts players from beyond the state. After heated beginnings, it was an interesting discussion.
After my departure, a couple of Stanhope officials stayed for another hour and the field umpires stayed longer. Perhaps a step has been taken in bridging the gap between Ardmona and the rest of the competition.

there is the second part of the article.. hope all is well catdog

And the Gold Medal for the floor routine goes to, Paul Daffy:D.

Firstly, NO ONE FROM MURCHISON WAS PRESENT AT THAT MEETING, we had our own committee meeting on that night, and we only knew about the Stanhope meeting a few hours before it was supposed to start.

And secondly, I only received a copy of the article from my e-mail account, and the only reason it ended up at the pub was for that reason alone (This article went everywhere within the KDFL, and not just in Murchison).

And lastly, it will be a cold day in hell before the relations between Ardmona and the rest of the competition will ever thaw (especially using our example when they trashed our changerooms causing damage to our roofing that will cost thousands to repair, and Ardmona club to this day refuses to pay for and even acknowledge their mis deeds, even after this happened nearly 12 months ago), if you had owed up to this and helped pay for the damage I wouldn't have as big a grudge against this club as I do now, and as far as the rest of the competition's concerned, you will still be a much despised club.

And though they may have presented their best face to this reporter in order to save face, those who truly know about this league know that this was a facade, because their attitude is best described by the motto of the Millwall Football Club (who also have a nasty reputation for off field misdeeds) "Nobody likes us, We don't care", and BTW, Millwall also wear blue & white.

At the very most the atmosphere at the Ardmona ground as described by people who were actually there was an uneasy peace almost like the calm before the storm.

I know that amongst some of you, I am an unpopular figure, and although you can attack me for my opinions, at the very least I don't feel the need to hide behind an alias in this forum (which has proven to both a blessing and a curse), because if you truly believe what say, you should have the courage to tell others who you really are.

P.S
Ardmona would be well advised to use the Millwall logo as their slogan on their banners, and around the club, because it's quite apt if you think about it.

And the Gold Medal for the floor routine goes to, Paul Daffy:D.

Firstly, NO ONE FROM MURCHISON WAS PRESENT AT THAT MEETING, we had our own committee meeting on that night, and we only knew about the Stanhope meeting a few hours before it was supposed to start.

And secondly, I only received a copy of the article from my e-mail account, and the only reason it ended up at the pub was for that reason alone (This article went everywhere within the KDFL, and not just in Murchison).

And lastly, it will be a cold day in hell before the relations between Ardmona and the rest of the competition will ever thaw (especially using our example when they trashed our changerooms causing damage to our roofing that will cost thousands to repair, and Ardmona club to this day refuses to pay for and even acknowledge their mis deeds, even after this happened nearly 12 months ago), if you had owed up to this and helped pay for the damage I wouldn't have as big a grudge against this club as I do now, and as far as the rest of the competition's concerned, you will still be a much despised club.

And though they may have presented their best face to this reporter in order to save face, those who truly know about this league know that this was a facade, because their attitude is best described by the motto of the Millwall Football Club (who also have a nasty reputation for off field misdeeds) "Nobody likes us, We don't care", and BTW, Millwall also wear blue & white.

At the very most the atmosphere at the Ardmona ground as described by people who were actually there was an uneasy peace almost like the calm before the storm.

I know that amongst some of you, I am an unpopular figure, and although you can attack me for my opinions, at the very least I don't feel the need to hide behind an alias in this forum (which has proven to both a blessing and a curse), because if you truly believe what say, you should have the courage to tell others who you really are.

P.S
Ardmona would be well advised to use the Millwall logo as their slogan on their banners, and around the club, because it's quite apt if you think about it.

What do they mean about 'outsiders'? Look at the population of Shepp-Mooroopna, the whole place is multicultural and why would that not be reflected in footy clubs, especially at those closer to town? Ardmona is practically Mooroopna's district team. Most of us judge people on what they do, not what they look like. I found this report using the differing races as confusing, what should have been reported on was the actions of the players and crowd and not to blame their backgrounds.:confused:

What do they mean about 'outsiders'? Look at the population of Shepp-Mooroopna, the whole place is multicultural and why would that not be reflected in footy clubs, especially at those closer to town? Ardmona is practically Mooroopna's district team. Most of us judge people on what they do, not what they look like. I found this report using the differing races as confusing, what should have been reported on was the actions of the players and crowd and not to blame their backgrounds.:confused:

That's what I found quite confusing about his whole argument, there are a lot of clubs that have a cosmopolitan mix (and Murchison is no exception, especially in the Under 18's and in the Netball), and the only reason why so many people don't like Ardmona is because as Dr Martin Luthor King so eloquently put in it in that famous speech in Washington DC, they are judged "Not by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character"., and that is the barometer to which all people should be judged.

The reality is Ardmona is a pack of smokers. They are now, always have and always will be. This forum is littered with too much Ardmona trash. How about giving insights to who will win the flag. Are Stanhope clear favourites??? or who is capable of taking the cup???

The reality is Ardmona is a pack of smokers. They are now, always have and always will be. This forum is littered with too much Ardmona trash. How about giving insights to who will win the flag. Are Stanhope clear favourites??? or who is capable of taking the cup???

Stanhope look to be favouites. Hopefully they can overcome the finals jitters and win the GF this year. Although it was a close game last week against Ardmona, I still think Stanhope will have to many guns come the GF.

Violet Town vs Ardmona (5pts) were pumped and ready to make a statement
Undera vs Tallygaroopna (11pts) Tally to turn it around and finish a good season by Undera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back