Kdfl Sept 05-April 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Grandale said:
Yeah, heard at the cricket that around half-a-dozen are heading "back" to Avenel.
Help me out here Wheels. Why does it feel like every second year or two there is a mass exodus of players going from Avenel to Nagambie or vice versa? Aren't those two meant to be arch rivals? Surely there are no other arch rivals in country Victorian footy that swap players like Avenel and Naggers do.

Maybe they should just merge like their juniors have, would be a show at being competitive and would save the club hopping that is a regular occurance. Had a cousin who played at Avenel in the early 90's, which has me thinking the original "mass exodus" came about after one of the boys (not sure who . . Fess, Showey, Dicko???) was overlooked for the Swans senior gig.

Will stand corrected if inaccurate, thats what i was told.

Doona2 said:
Maybe they should just merge like their juniors have, would be a show at being competitive and would save the club hopping that is a regular occurance. Had a cousin who played at Avenel in the early 90's, which has me thinking the original "mass exodus" came about after one of the boys (not sure who . . Fess, Showey, Dicko???) was overlooked for the Swans senior gig.

Will stand corrected if inaccurate, thats what i was told.

yeah heard the same mate, left a bad taste in the mouth for a fair time....

Grandale said:
Yeah, heard at the cricket that around half-a-dozen are heading "back" to Avenel.
Help me out here Wheels. Why does it feel like every second year or two there is a mass exodus of players going from Avenel to Nagambie or vice versa? Aren't those two meant to be arch rivals? Surely there are no other arch rivals in country Victorian footy that swap players like Avenel and Naggers do.
Was thinking the same thing when I read Wheelbarrow's post. It's got me beat how it works year after year.

Any word on which Nagambie players are planning on heading to the swans? Any reason why they don't like/are upset with Rosco? Seems a pretty switched-on coach from what I've seen and had recruited pretty well so far for them..I thought along with undera and Gig, Nagambie might have been the big improvers, but losing half a dozen or so would hurt any side. Particularly when it's mid-Feb..

Does anyone know which teams are playing at the night series in Girgarree? Haven't heard much about it, though I've heard we're in it..

Can anyone confirm if Dipper Wilson is lining up for Yea, or not, I think it was wheelbarrow who said that he was a chance of crossing to West Coburg..

Also, not sure if this is old news, or not, but Rushy have lost the services of young gun Daniel Bevan to South Bendigo and solid backman/mid-fielder Clinton Perry to Echuca United..obviously both big losses for us...

i think wheelbarrow was on here late last year saying that a few nagambie boys weren't happy, for whatever reason.

does anyone know if clydey is still playing at nagambie or is he staying down melbourne way?

T.Perry said:
Any word on which Nagambie players are planning on heading to the swans? Any reason why they don't like/are upset with Rosco? Seems a pretty switched-on coach from what I've seen and had recruited pretty well so far for them..I thought along with undera and Gig, Nagambie might have been the big improvers, but losing half a dozen or so would hurt any side. Particularly when it's mid-Feb..

Does anyone know which teams are playing at the night series in Girgarree? Haven't heard much about it, though I've heard we're in it..

Can anyone confirm if Dipper Wilson is lining up for Yea, or not, I think it was wheelbarrow who said that he was a chance of crossing to West Coburg..

Also, not sure if this is old news, or not, but Rushy have lost the services of young gun Daniel Bevan to South Bendigo and solid backman/mid-fielder Clinton Perry to Echuca United..obviously both big losses for us...

Players crossing over to Avenel is BS.
Dipper staying at the Tigers 100% and it was Nth Coburg Trav.
Agree big losses but u guys are networked pretty well in the footy world i am sure the brains trust will b working overtime for suitable replacements.

bluey99 said:
Has anybody got any more info on Underas recruits.

yeah heard that paul mahoney, guy goes alright,
dont really know much about the others, but yeah, big wraps on mahoney.

why do you ask???

the bearded one, chopper mahoney is a quality ball winner. gets a tonne of it.
big gene vanderzalm is also a great recruit for the lions.
they should go alright this year.

Simon Potts, Josh Mazurek and Vaughn "the slammer" Coots are all keen to pull the red and white back on in 2006 which is great news for the players and supporters at Avenel.

cosby said:
the bearded one, chopper mahoney is a quality ball winner. gets a tonne of it.
big gene vanderzalm is also a great recruit for the lions.
they should go alright this year.

I also seen in the paper they picked up a gippsland footballer??
does anyone know anything about him???

Six key Tigers head off over summer

By Richard Goodbody
February 21 2006
Shepparton News

Rushworth's bid for a second Kyabram District Football League flag in three years has been dealt a huge blow.
With the season proper just six weeks from commencing, the Tigers have been rocked by the news that six of their star players will not return in 2006.

Steve Gamble, Jacob Lloyd, Jodie Canavan, Troy Snelson, Daniel Vance and Daniel Bevan have all departed the Tigers' den during the summer months, leaving a massive void through the Rushworth spine.

Despite the exodus of the "Big Six", coach Scott Hanson remained optimistic about his troops' chances.

"I'd be disappointed if we didn't make the top five," Hanson said.

"I definitely think we'll be around the mark.

"We gave eight or so juniors a crack last year and they've all played 10 senior games now, and that should hold them in good stead for this season.

"And we're still talking to a few, so things are shaping up pretty well."

While Gamble and Lloyd will try their hands at VFL football this year after recently signing with Bendigo Bombers, Canavan, Snelson and Vance have defected to Girgarre.

Bevan, the Tigers' high-flying utility, will play with South Bendigo in the Bendigo Football League.

"You can't begrudge them (Gamble and Lloyd) trying their hands at a higher level of football," Hanson said.

"If it doesn't work out, hopefully in a year or two's time they'll come back to Rushworth as better footballers.

"And the other boys have done what they think is best for them, so good luck to them."

Rushworth will begin its KDFL premiership campaign against Murchison on April 1

Gee, it sounds like doom and gloom at tigerland if you read that article.. Goodbody didn't worry about mentioning any of the players that have signed up at all..or the young blokes coming through..

Unfortunately, as is the case with most clubs I imagine, we're still talking to players in the hope of signing them before the season starts. I was talking to Dylan Butler the other week (coach of Echuca), and he was saying how ridiculous it is that blokes still haven't committed by late Feb..is this the case at many other clubs??

On that, I've heard that Wayman is still in talks with both Gig and Undera... A potential forward set up of Canavan, Muzza Vance, Daniel Vance and Wayman would take a bit of covering..lucky Pearcey's shown some loyalty and stayed on at Stanhope, if Gig had 3 of prob the best 5 forwards in the comp they'd improve substantially on the last couple of years...

When do sides praccy matches start? Rushy are in the night series at Gig, have a night match against Tonny on March 10, and a game against Moama at Moama on March 24..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T.Perry said:
On that, I've heard that Wayman is still in talks with both Gig and Undera... A potential forward set up of Canavan, Muzza Vance, Daniel Vance and Wayman would take a bit of covering..lucky Pearcey's shown some loyalty and stayed on at Stanhope, if Gig had 3 of prob the best 5 forwards in the comp they'd improve substantially on the last couple of years....

How was Gig's middle last year? Wouldnt matter who was up forward if you cant get it down there

Doona2 said:
How was Gig's middle last year? Wouldnt matter who was up forward if you cant get it down there

Yeah still a lot of work to do Doona, Tim Easton, Peter Holman, Matty Flanagan, Brett Hobbs played through the middle think all would be over 30. Easton gone back to Moama, Pete Holman is about 40 and was probably the best of the bunch, Flanagan and Hobbs are both past there best. Russell Myers went well on a wing, and Scot Colman in the ruck is someone they may be able to work with if he gets on the track. So spot on, at this stage will still get slaughtered out of the middle with the signings so far.

It's got to be remembered that clubs that have got the new recruits are coming from outside the finals. girgarre are coming from last so they are going to need 12 or 13 players to make the finals. undera finished low so they will need 8 or 9. it is very hard to surge up the ladder in a hurry. lancaster have supposedly recruited well but they finished sixth or seventh last year. again they will 6 or 7 quality recruits. the stanhopes, yeas and ardmonas are looking the goods because they are already up there and not lost anyone- unless i am mistaken. This comp could be quite even this year.

ringo1 said:
It's got to be remembered that clubs that have got the new recruits are coming from outside the finals. girgarre are coming from last so they are going to need 12 or 13 players to make the finals. undera finished low so they will need 8 or 9. it is very hard to surge up the ladder in a hurry. lancaster have supposedly recruited well but they finished sixth or seventh last year. again they will 6 or 7 quality recruits. the stanhopes, yeas and ardmonas are looking the goods because they are already up there and not lost anyone- unless i am mistaken. This comp could be quite even this year.

Yeh, I think you could be on the $ ringo, all fair points that you have raised. At this stage you'd have to give Stanhope favouratism, then anyone of Ardy, Yea and perhaps us to push them for a majority of the year. Lancy will definitely be a threat, but mightn't have picked up enough to compete for the flag (though would be expected to play finals). Tally and Murch will likely drop away a fair bit, but still be competitive, while any of Gig, Undera, Violet Town and Avenel could cause a few upsets. Nagambie might go alright, but I reckon it will be a tough year for the doggies..

Merrigum are still talking to a couple of prospective recruits. They have a few coming over from tatura as well.

Interested to hear whom nagas coach Ross Andrews has enticed to the lakers this year?? As i thought he would have a tough time recruiting... Ben Hutton and Brent Clydesdale are massive losses to the side and there key positon places will be hard to replace! Heard a rumour Paulke has contacted Avenal about playing there this year? Also heard ruckman Steve Coll has crossed.. Any truth to these?

Blinky said:
Geezuz boys - Lanky way tidier than the Lakers, behind the Lady wombats the Rushy and Stanhope lasses try their hardest to look handy. All the others are just ordinary with Tally a bunch of GVL wannabees.:p

jumping in here late fellas, but thought that the mid court player from rushy Jen Batkin is the stand-out glamour of the comp!

HOT NEWS

Rumour to be confirmed but it looks like the Violet Town coach has stepped down and playing elsewere as of 6 pm tonight. Any one heard anything about this????????????????

tacka said:
HOT NEWS

Rumour to be confirmed but it looks like the Violet Town coach has stepped down and playing elsewere as of 6 pm tonight. Any one heard anything about this????????????????

Actually was talking about Der tonight. Caught up with a good mate of mine (broady recruit Azza Taylor) who studies with Jimmy Bodycoat in Bendigo - Jimmy apparently said to Azz the Towners werent impressed because no potential recruits had been sought and that Bodycoat himself had taken the occasional training run allready this pre-season.

Who is your tip for a replacement tacka????

T.Perry said:

Tav, thanks for that. For the info of all you 'third rate sleuths', Scott Paulke and Brian Morris have signed at Longwood. THAT is your mass exodus. I spoke to Brian to day and he and I are still good mates, he just said he needed a change after 7 years at the club. Scott is a different kettle, he believes he was screwed over by some people who pushed him into the coaching job in 2005 and also wanted a change.
I have spoken to both and they're quite willing to come back to the club whether I am coaching in 2007 or not. EOS. I am disappointed they couldn't see the benefits and changes bought about in the past 6-8 weeks with a lot of hard work and the quality kids coming thru but such is life, that is football. We wish them the best and move on, hopefully after a year they will return, refreshed and keen.
You guys should check the INS and OUTS a bit more carefully over the next few weeks, it might give you a better picture of what's happening at Nagaz. As for anyone else going to Avenel, Steve Coll (who originally came from Avenel to Nagambie in 2003 when I was coaching) MAY head back there, he only played 6 games last year anyway with Nagaz and has work commitments. Ben HUTTON, as stated previously, may play at Wedderburn with the blokes he attends Uni with. I think I can clealry say that Ben and I are good mates too and he will no doubt return to the club in 2007. Thanks for clearing that up Rosco.

cosby said:
i think wheelbarrow was on here late last year saying that a few nagambie boys weren't happy, for whatever reason.

does anyone know if clydey is still playing at nagambie or is he staying down melbourne way?
Clydey has just got a job in Melbourne but HAS committed to Nagambie for the season. And yes, I have heard that 2-3 players felt aggrieved by some goings on at the club last year which is normal at any club (by the way that was the year I was not there) and THAT IS THE REASON why some have left or have considered leaving.
But on a positive side, we have recruited and continue to recruit well and have a great crop of kids coming thru. We have just signed a major sponsor, Jayco Caravans, for a 4 year deal, with new jumpers, new scoreboard and many other benefits for the club.
We won't win the flag, I'm not delusional (yet), but we have one of the best crop of kids coming thru and will strive to keep them happy this year and into the future and consolidate with quality recruiting. This sort of mentality, not the 'great one-year-fix' will reap the rewards in the years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back