Gene VanderZalm Ruck
Paul Mahoney Ruck/Rover
Leigh Kellett Other half of goals/and half team weight
Phil Giddens Tall Forward
Michael Clarke Best Thirds player from 2005
Dane Webber Wing/Other tool of team
Boozer ???
Richard Feehan 2005 B&F
Scary thought for the Hoppers as this is just the clearances and rumours from this site. I believe there is a 4 week sentence awaiting Willy Sanders too for their first four games. I think you might be right Bluey about the decision to axe Mahoney in 2004!
thats alot of players gone if thats indeeed the list of who's leaving.
was talking to a young guy who plays at murch the other day and he told me that boozer is most likely playing at murch but lives in melbourne. he also told me timmy richter is off to mooroopna dougy.

Re: Kyabram District FL

big tony said:
yer John Trotter has made enormous changes all round the club from recruiting to financial issues.
'Trotts' has been recruiting heavily, gaining 6 players from melbourne suburbs and another 5 from leagues around the goulburn murray
2 of violet towns more senior players in Bo Harrison and Sean Horsbourgh have had enormous pre-seasons and will have an enormous say in how vt will go this season.

This Johny Trotter is he the guy who coached Euroa 2nds to the 1997 Premiership? Rings a bell.

The dogs gay said:
Any more news about Clydie retiring to concentrate on his work as a Physio.

Just wondering where Just signed has gone? Are things looking that lean at the tiger zoo please return soon...........

Anyone heading to gig next wed for the night series. Also what teams are playing in the comp?

On The Money said:
Just wondering where Just signed has gone? Are things looking that lean at the tiger zoo please return soon...........
Just taking it all in. Fair to say that Rushy have lost a lot of quality players and have not recruited as well as they would have liked. But, got a great bunch of juniors coming through and should hopefully still pinch a spot in the top 6, from there anything can happen. A positive is that no other top 5 team seems to have improved there list dramatically, so it will be interesting. South Bendigo seem to be the number one ticket in town, everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon. Hopefully those in charge of the teams can still get a game of footy on the weekend!

King_Of_Ling said:
Anyone heading to gig next wed for the night series. Also what teams are playing in the comp?

Yer might try and get along for a look heard Rushy are playing Tally Monday nite Lingy and Stanhope take on Katandra Wednesday nite so no poker for you mate...........

just signed said:
Just taking it all in. Fair to say that Rushy have lost a lot of quality players and have not recruited as well as they would have liked. But, got a great bunch of juniors coming through and should hopefully still pinch a spot in the top 6, from there anything can happen. A positive is that no other top 5 team seems to have improved there list dramatically, so it will be interesting. South Bendigo seem to be the number one ticket in town, everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon. Hopefully those in charge of the teams can still get a game of footy on the weekend!

Good stuff Just signed I knew you wouldn't be far away. I'd say the tigers will still be in the finals action with the with Rassy bringing good kids like mini Rassy(Lynch) through the ranks!

does anyone know how greg watson's pre-season is coming along? word has it he is going to be a key cog in the murchinson midfield this year.

Wayne Weideman said:
does anyone know how greg watson's pre-season is coming along? word has it he is going to be a key cog in the murchinson midfield this year.

Watto is the one bloke who could fill the huge hole that has been left there. But remember you are allowed 4 in the centre square.:D

Does anyone know a bloke called Brett Gordon that used to play at Stanhope.? Was he a senior player.?? Any good. ??

wheelbarrow said:
Does anyone know a bloke called Brett Gordon that used to play at Stanhope.? Was he a senior player.?? Any good. ??

Played in the 2001 ones granny against lanky got his jaw broken pretty early in the piece.. hard at it type footballer not sure if he has played much footy since had a trouble with OP.. did come back to the mainland for a few senior games in 02 or 03 then had to pull the pin as OP set back in.. Good Bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wheelbarrow said:

Wheels, I do believe this is the same Brett Gordon that plays cricket for Seymour.
That really tells us nothing about whether he can play footy or, but I can back up Mainland's call that he is a quality fella.

So who is he lining up for wheelie?
Playing cricket at Seymour puts him in line for a spot at Avenel or Nagambie?

On The Money said:
Yer might try and get along for a look heard Rushy are playing Tally Monday nite Lingy and Stanhope take on Katandra Wednesday nite so no poker for you mate...........

unfortunatly I'm not playing on wednesday, we happened to make the A-grade cricket granny so I'll be resting up for that...... but there won't be any poker involved... although after watching you play I'm suprised you have enough money to buy lunch, just a little room for improvement thats all :D

Grandale said:
Wheels, I do believe this is the same Brett Gordon that plays cricket for Seymour.
That really tells us nothing about whether he can play footy or, but I can back up Mainland's call that he is a quality fella.

Quality fella- yes, just hope he and yourself can bring more to a footy field then what use have with the willow this year! Heard a rumour floating around that nagambie will blood alot of kids this year as they turn to 2007 with a host of previous "guns" interested in headin back to the lake! This generally means whilst avenal will be competive this year and full of numbers, expect to see a role reversal next year as only one of avenal or nagaimbie can be a force with the 'fickle' nature of some players....

inlimbo said:
Quality fella- yes, just hope he and yourself can bring more to a footy field then what use have with the willow this year! Heard a rumour floating around that nagambie will blood alot of kids this year as they turn to 2007 with a host of previous "guns" interested in headin back to the lake! This generally means whilst avenal will be competive this year and full of numbers, expect to see a role reversal next year as only one of avenal or nagaimbie can be a force with the 'fickle' nature of some players....

How true Limbo !! Fickleness seems to be a pre-requisite to play footy nowadays !! And I don't necessarily mean good footy either ! :eek:

On The Money said:
Good stuff Just signed I knew you wouldn't be far away. I'd say the tigers will still be in the finals action with the with Rassy bringing good kids like mini Rassy(Lynch) through the ranks!
does lynchy share the same appreciation for the white maggots as rassy does??

Found time to pop out Girgarre to watch the footy last night. rushy beat murch fairly easy and tally were beating merrigum when i left in the 3rd quarter. wouldnt say it was a great spectacle but the girgarre ground certainly looked pretty good. rushy played the best footy of all the sides but tally had some good players running around. it cost our car $10 to get in so im thinking this might be how Girgarre are going to pay some of their recruits. bit rich just to watch a practice match but not a bad idea for them.

Grandale said:

Hows his form been Grandale. Havnt cauhgt up with old DOUG THE BUTCHER for a while.

Dont think he would line up with an AVENEL or NAGAMBIE either first preferance would most likely be Stanhope or Rushy that is if he is rite to play again.. Did hear he was doin a pre season though.

mainland said:
Hows his form been Grandale. Havnt cauhgt up with old DOUG THE BUTCHER for a while.

Dont think he would line up with an AVENEL or NAGAMBIE either first preferance would most likely be Stanhope or Rushy that is if he is rite to play again.. Did hear he was doin a pre season though.

As bigfooty's resident cricket expert Inlimbo explained earlier Gordo, like my good self, has been struggling to get amongst them.
Hopefully the runs will flow like the salmon of cappostrano this week against Avenel in the semi final.

gazza12 said:
u in a or b this week grandy who made the finals in each

I'll be in the Bs. Don't think my 15 and 12 (when barbecued by Booka) from the final round will be enough to force my way back into the Ones.
A Grade finals are; Avenel versus The Hill and Seymour versus Yea.
B Grade is; Tallarook versus Yea and Avenel versus Seymour.

Grandale said:
I'll be in the Bs. Don't think my 15 and 12 (when barbecued by Booka) from the final round will be enough to force my way back into the Ones.
A Grade finals are; Avenel versus The Hill and Seymour versus Yea.
B Grade is; Tallarook versus Yea and Avenel versus Seymour.

go the hill!:D :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back