kdfl sept 07-jan 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Were they robbed or just not good enough on the day?

Now Im not one to umpire bash, and witnessed the game from the commentary box where I was involved in the call. Never in my time going to the football have I clearly walked away with the impression the umps influenced the end result like I did at last years KDFL finale. Ump's can make errors dont get me wrong, but more than likely players make up to 40-50 a game that can cost goals, sway momentum or even the end result etc etc.

I can't recall the exact count and can't find me notebook from the day, but Im sure if someone wanted to scroll back it would be there. Off the top of my head Stanhope got one second half free kick to a double figure amount to Ardmona . . . . . were they robbed guess we will never know.

Now Im not one to umpire bash, and witnessed the game from the commentary box where I was involved in the call. Never in my time going to the football have I clearly walked away with the impression the umps influenced the end result like I did at last years KDFL finale. Ump's can make errors dont get me wrong, but more than likely players make up to 40-50 a game that can cost goals, sway momentum or even the end result etc etc.

I can't recall the exact count and can't find me notebook from the day, but Im sure if someone wanted to scroll back it would be there. Off the top of my head Stanhope got one second half free kick to a double figure amount to Ardmona . . . . . were they robbed guess we will never know.

Fair point. To be honest, I can't remember much of the game. Ardmona did play very well, especially in the first half which helped set up the win. The umpiring was contentous, but I don't understand why they would help out Ardy so much when everyone pretty much hates them.

What about 2005 though? Stanhope didn't kick a goal after half time, so they were hardly 'robbed' as sharpshoota would have us believe.

Fair point. To be honest, I can't remember much of the game. Ardmona did play very well, especially in the first half which helped set up the win. The umpiring was contentous, but I don't understand why they would help out Ardy so much when everyone pretty much hates them.

What about 2005 though? Stanhope didn't kick a goal after half time, so they were hardly 'robbed' as sharpshoota would have us believe.[/QUOTE]

True Rowey, no one to blame other than ourselves in '05, hopefully all will be forgotten come Saturday week.

Tally to beat Ardy this week in a close game at Merrigum. This will put Ardy out of the finals race and end their quest for back to back flags against the minor premiers Stanhope. The Grand final will be a blow out i believe and Stanhope will finally get the premiership that they have been robbed off for two years in a row now. Interesting stat here. Stanhope since their year of dominance in 2003 when they were premiers and champions have made it to every grand final since bar 2004 when they were knocked out by soon to be premiers Rushy in the prelim final. so for you Ardy supporters let me work it out for use. That's 4 grand final apperances in five years!

Stanhope lost to Lancasater in 2004 prelimanary final, not Rushy.

What about 2005 though? Stanhope didn't kick a goal after half time, so they were hardly 'robbed' as sharpshoota would have us believe.[/QUOTE]

True Rowey, no one to blame other than ourselves in '05, hopefully all will be forgotten come Saturday week.

I had a look at the first half on Saturday and Stanhope were very impressive. Aaron James is just the icing on the cake.

Stanhope are certainties to win. I hope Hoota plays because he deserves a premiership after all the losses he's been apart of.

Played with Stanhope in the early 90's, in the Heathcote league with ferret Patten and the days of fossill and big moo and when our pre-season gallops were won by one 14 or so year old Hank . It is terrific to see the work that people did to maintain the sucessful junior sides has come to the fore with consistent finals appearances in all grades .
Good Luck to them and all the success they achieve is well deserved. !!!!!

I no you are not involved with stanhope you only supporting them but i didn't like what i hurd from some stanhope supporters an one off them was supposed to be the president of Stanhope FC calling a Ardmona reserves player a DRUGO AN DRUG DEALER. An i got told a story from last year when Stanhope won the A Grade cricket GF that night Dave Hansford got with Simon Harrison girlfriend behind the CHURCH an if it true GOD BLESS HIM but please let me no if it false. AN yes STANHOPE out played ARDMONA both reserves an seniors:cool:
This a footy forum mate, so how bout you stick to talking footy, instead of spreading rumors round like a bloody little school kid, or even better have a talk to the boys about it yourself.

Wayde, Tally had the 2nd Semi on Saturday and as good as their ground is, i don't think they will have the prelim as well. I believe it is at Merrigum (stand to be corrected on this).

Thanks Mate. I've been away for a while and I wasn't sure what finals were at which ground (the KDFL website was no bloody help in this regard, because it wasn't even listed under the fixtures section), and I know now that it's going to be at Merrigum (another poor ground to host finals).

How's the Merrigum ground at the moment, because last week I went down there and it wasn't really impressed (neither was I impressed with Mooroopna's ground, surface wise, it wasn't that great either).

Hopefully they've watered it regularly by now, because it was pretty hard and patchy in some areas.

I remember it was something in the area of Ardmona 11 free kicks to Stanhope's 1 (If someone has the correct stats on this, I'll stand corrected).

And also, there are others that still claim that Ardmona's Freeman (I think), got a Red (Off for the entire game) card instead of a Yellow Card (15 Minutes off) in the first quarter.

But, regardless of this, I still feel that it's a bit rich for Ardmona people to complain about Umpire's when this happened last year, and Doona's right, a lot of people had those suspicions.

How has Aaron James been going since arriving at Stanehope ??
I do see he has kicked an average of close to 9 goals per game. Is there no full back or defence in the comp that could stop him ??

Were they robbed or just not good enough on the day?

Against Tally they were not good enough on the day. (When i say day i mean a half of footy, they were leading by 6 goals at half time). But against Ardy they were robbed. Hoota took a MARK with only seconds remaining but the ump called it play on which resulted in an ardy goal.
Ardy didnt beat stanhope, the umps did. Argue all you want, the umps were terrible and this is why Ardy won. The umps won them the game with seconds remaining

Thought you played well Fergz and wondered why you were in the twos ,should be a good game this weekend,one of the guys in the pub was saying that he had being told that the Age paper were coming back this Saturday to do a follow up of the Ardy V Tally game
Did o.k as i have had the flu for 2 weeks and was still feeling shithouse today but no excuses we got done & im really looking forward to next week. Couldnt have a beer after the game, i was nearlly asleep in the back of my car, So next time hanky.

Against Tally they were not good enough on the day. (When i say day i mean a half of footy, they were leading by 6 goals at half time). But against Ardy they were robbed. Hoota took a MARK with only seconds remaining but the ump called it play on which resulted in an ardy goal.
Ardy didnt beat stanhope, the umps did. Argue all you want, the umps were terrible and this is why Ardy won. The umps won them the game with seconds remaining

Who said I was arguing? I am merely pointing out the inconsistencies in your posts.

Tally to beat Ardy this week in a close game at Merrigum. This will put Ardy out of the finals race and end their quest for back to back flags against the minor premiers Stanhope. The Grand final will be a blow out i believe and Stanhope will finally get the premiership that they have been robbed off for two years in a row now. Interesting stat here. Stanhope since their year of dominance in 2003 when they were premiers and champions have made it to every grand final since bar 2004 when they were knocked out by soon to be premiers Rushy in the prelim final. so for you Ardy supporters let me work it out for use. That's 4 grand final apperances in five years!

You said Stanhope were robbed two years in a row and then you said Stanhope weren't good enough in 2005.

Make up your mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has any1 mentioned Stu Maunders shock come back into the semi final on the week end. By all accounts he was a good in for tally. What where the reasons for him to change his mind???

Also just whispers that one of violets towns player didn t play because he failed to be paid for finals games and in house fight plagued vt final series. Is there any truth to this and will this affect there players standing for next year???

Stop whinging, it was a year ago. Get over it. What will your excuse be if Stanhope lose again this year??

Who said I was arguing? I am merely pointing out the inconsistencies in your posts.

You said Stanhope were robbed two years in a row and then you said Stanhope weren't good enough in 2005.

Make up your mind.

Why are we talking about old grand finals? This week should be a good game. Tally have the ability to run Ardy off their feet (like Stanhope did last week), but Ardy have more mongrel in them which will get them over the line because this is something that Tally can't handle too well. Ardy (hate to say this) by two goals.

I did hear that stuart maunder made a very impressive comeback on the w,end for tally!! That will only add to the team more pace to outrun ardy this saturday. I didnt catch last weeks game between ardy and stanhope, if anyone could fill me in on any injuries to ardmona this w,end or are they fully fit and ready to tackle the redlegs????

Craig McConkey (Ardmona) reported by Central Umpire Josh O'Dwyer for Striking Dwight Weeks Stanhope. 1 week set penalty accepted.

This could be a devastating blow for the Ardmona reserves on the weekend, considering what a goal sneak Conks is when he comes off the bench.

Has any1 mentioned Stu Maunders shock come back into the semi final on the week end. By all accounts he was a good in for tally. What where the reasons for him to change his mind???

Also just whispers that one of violets towns player didn t play because he failed to be paid for finals games and in house fight plagued vt final series. Is there any truth to this and will this affect there players standing for next year???

The paid players weren't getting paid in the finals but that didn't effect our side and their wasn't in house fighting. And i don't think it was inexperience either, because it was probably our younger players that actually played good footy over the two games.

As i said in my match report from Sunday, it was a combination of things, first and foremost Tally were too quick and silky for us and thoroughly deserved their win!
But from our end we had David Marguglio out with knee problems and Shorty Martinello unavailable.
Gary Abley, Tommy Dukic and Ryan Trotter all played with only about 7 or 8 games under their belts for the season which were mostly at the start except for Abs who's were scattered around when we were short. Also Mat Walkers hip is no good and wasn't going to play as he could barely run but we had no choice and Trotts persuaded him under the circumstances, Jack Smyth played both finals matches and played well but had no preffered foot because of a groin problem which left him out for the last 3 matches and he had to kick on his opposite. Mugsy was a last minute withdrawl and Trotts had to try and change the team around on Sunday.
And from our end as a team, we probably didn't do the work required on the track enough for what is required to go all the way.
"Chance favours the prepared mind....!" as the saying goes.
However let me make it clear Tally and Ardy were simply too good for us and deserved their wins, we weren't good enough and our lack of depth and fitness showed out and that is why were out and they are playing off this weekend to challenge Stanhope.... And good luck to all three teams competing!

Why are we talking about old grand finals? This week should be a good game. Tally have the ability to run Ardy off their feet (like Stanhope did last week), but Ardy have more mongrel in them which will get them over the line because this is something that Tally can't handle too well. Ardy (hate to say this) by two goals.

Forty One , i think Tally can handle the tough and rough stuff , they did at the last game with ardy and beat them , also heard that Ardy has a few doubtfuls this week , Big Fuz in the Ruck , may not come up and if he does wont be 100 % maybe 80% at best , also giles wont play niether will Doherty , It should be a craker but i think tally by for goals due to there speed and run all day
Also stoney to keep meka very quiet

Stop whinging, it was a year ago. Get over it. What will your excuse be if Stanhope lose again this year??

Haha dont worry bubblehead:cool:. Stanhope SHOULD and WILL win! Dont bother turning up Ardy/Tally coz you got no hope. James to bag 10 and Mason to carve up!
Cheerz;)

This a footy forum mate, so how bout you stick to talking footy, instead of spreading rumors round like a bloody little school kid, or even better have a talk to the boys about it yourself.
It not a rumour it true an people on here want to make shit up an them boys think they better then every1 else thats why they lost the last 2 GF in a row an good luck 2 Ardmona senior reserve thirds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back