Keeping Gary-An idea!

Remove this Banner Ad

Scaley mate #4

Senior List
Aug 5, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
I got an idea to help the cats keep Gary at GFC!

Instead of finding financial backers to sponsor Gaz, what about appealing to his emotions?

We all know he is a big softy when it comes to sick kids and the Royal Children's Hospital, so instead of raising money for his own personal wealth, what if we get pledges from businesses and supporters stating that they will donate to the RCH if Gary stays a cat?

20,000 people x $50 = $1,000,000

Imagine the positive impact that would have for the AFL, GFC and Gazza?

I am sick and tired of the ABlett-GC 17 drama!! I am just sick to death of Geelong Supporters whinging and moaning about trying to keep Gary Ablett.

Life is about choice, and any human being would consider an attractive remuneration package from a future employer. Is not this human nature?

If he goes, he goes!! The Geelong Football Club will survive without him!! The Bombers survived when Gavin Wanganeen left the Bombers to join Port Power and the Saints survived when Plugger went to Sydney!!

And, does not anyone realise that when the Abletts decide to start up an on-line site to sell some of their GFC stuff, does not this give you a signal that he is leaving Geelong?

IN life, people do things for a reason!!

THE GOVERNOR

Ok, maybe it does seem like blackmail if it's "we donate if you stay".

So what about taking the approach of raising the money and donating it anyway, as a show of appreciation for the work Gaz has done for the RCH?

You know, more the approach of how much he means to Geelong and the RCH( which are both in Vic BTW)?

I am sick and tired of the ABlett-GC 17 drama!! I am just sick to death of Geelong Supporters whinging and moaning about trying to keep Gary Ablett.

Life is about choice, and any human being would consider an attractive remuneration package from a future employer. Is not this human nature?

If he goes, he goes!! The Geelong Football Club will survive without him!! The Bombers survived when Gavin Wanganeen left the Bombers to join Port Power and the Saints survived when Plugger went to Sydney!!

And, does not anyone realise that when the Abletts decide to start up an on-line site to sell some of their GFC stuff, does not this give you a signal that he is leaving Geelong?

IN life, people do things for a reason!!

THE GOVERNOR

I'm sick of people being rude and bagging people's ideas! Fans are desperate for Ablett to stay and are trying to think of ideas to keep him even if some are a little left field. If you dont like someone's suggestion try keeping your mouth shut and let the people that are interested chat about it.

I got an idea to help the cats keep Gary at GFC!

Instead of finding financial backers to sponsor Gaz, what about appealing to his emotions?

We all know he is a big softy when it comes to sick kids and the Royal Children's Hospital, so instead of raising money for his own personal wealth, what if we get pledges from businesses and supporters stating that they will donate to the RCH if Gary stays a cat?

20,000 people x $50 = $1,000,000

Imagine the positive impact that would have for the AFL, GFC and Gazza?

Hey you can use the slogan I posted a few weeks ago - 'Give That He May Not Go' :D

Apparently he has signed a deal with the cats for $800k a year + $200k he gets for something else to do with the club. He can't come out and say yet, got something to do with Pickering being pissed off and dragging it out. Not confirmed, just what i heard. Then again everyone hears something different.......

I'm sick of people being rude and bagging people's ideas! Fans are desperate for Ablett to stay and are trying to think of ideas to keep him even if some are a little left field. If you dont like someone's suggestion try keeping your mouth shut and let the people that are interested chat about it.[/quote

Are you accusing the Governor of being rude and bagging people of expressing their ideas?

At the end of the day, life is about choice.

If you were offered a position with an improved remuneration package and better working conditions, would you consider it?

AFL footballers are employed by the respective clubs to perform a job for their employer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sick of people being rude and bagging people's ideas! Fans are desperate for Ablett to stay and are trying to think of ideas to keep him even if some are a little left field. If you dont like someone's suggestion try keeping your mouth shut and let the people that are interested chat about it.[/quote

Are you accusing the Governor of being rude and bagging people of expressing their ideas?

At the end of the day, life is about choice.

If you were offered a position with an improved remuneration package and better working conditions, would you consider it?

AFL footballers are employed by the respective clubs to perform a job for their employer.

See now, forgive me if I'm way off here - but is it really about the money? If we win another flag this year, Ablett wins a Norm Smith and/or a Brownlow, wins our club b&f etc. What else does he have left to achieve?

See now, forgive me if I'm way off here - but is it really about the money? If we win another flag this year, Ablett wins a Norm Smith and/or a Brownlow, wins our club b&f etc. What else does he have left to achieve?

Is not life about making choices?

If we win the flag; Ablett wins the Norm Smith; Brownlow or/and B & F, he does have to make a decision.

He will have to weigh up the money versus playing with his mates or the money and challenge of playing in a new team versus being a one club player!!

We can't win them all, and life is full of fun and games!!

Id be leaning towards Gary leaving, solely based on how happy he
is looking on the field atm.

Ive studied Ablett jrs onfield progress for the past few years,
as Ive backed him in the brownlow the past 3 years, as I have done
again this year and IMO, he looks frustrated out there.

Its interesting to note that both Mackie and Kelly refuse to give the
ball to Ablett atm, for what reason im not sure - but then again Mackie
didnt much last year either.

Ling and Stevie J bring Ablett into the game when they can.
But the past few weeks Ive seen a drop in team mates giving him those handball
receives that he makes so much happen off.

Ablett is by far and away the best player in the game, and when the going
gets tough, he dominates - because others are looking to feed it off,
because some cant handle the pressure and he eats it up, thats why
he dominated the losing grand final against the hawks, thats why he
dominated against Carlton earlier this year in a loss, dominated against
Collingwood in 08 in a pumping.

I hope Bomber puts aside his ego and works this out for you guys.

I hope Bomber puts aside his ego and works this out for you guys.

and why is it Bombers fault ?
He has to put up with the questions about Abletts future everytime he gets interviewed,yet Jr gets protected from the media so doesn't get the questioning about his future.Jr seems only to appear in the media when it's more about him than the club.This week he's popped up flogging his website and doing a jumper swap with Melbourne Heart [?] soccer player Vince Colosimo.Still not sure what that was about.

He has to put up with the questions about Abletts future everytime he gets interviewed,yet Jr gets protected from the media so doesn't get the questioning about his future.Jr seems only to appear in the media when it's more about him than the club.This week he's popped up flogging his website and doing a jumper swap with Melbourne Heart [?] soccer player Vince Colosimo.Still not sure what that was about.

Good point Jubby. Seems the media have one rule for Bomber and another for Ablett.

Now let's see if he'll swap his Geelong guernsey for a tee from one of the hot Cotton On chicks.

Since when did Vince Colosimo start playing soccer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeping Gary-An idea!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back