kelli underwood sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Underwood sent to the boundary-line

Couldn't they have picked a woman with a hot voice at least?

Kellie was just a woman trying to commentate like a man which defeats the whole point of having a woman commentate.

The female commentator doesn't have to be hot, you don't really see the commentators during the call anyway, she needs to SOUND hot and different. Problem here is, people who defend Kellie cry sexism.

Insecurity and sexism aren't the reason we hate her. It's because she's a terrible commentator that happens to be a woman.

The reason people will 'cry sexism' is that you say that a female commentator has to sound 'HOT". If you don't apply the same criteria to a male commentator it is, by definiton, sexism.

The reason people will 'cry sexism' is that you say that a female commentator has to sound 'HOT". If you don't apply the same criteria to a male commentator it is, by definiton, sexism.

So you don't believe a female commentator should sound female?

Kellie Underwood wither sounds like a bloke, or is TRYING to sound like a bloke. Either one defeats the purpose of a female commentator.

Most women's voices are fairly pleasurable to hear (barring some exceptions). Surely they could have picked a woman whose voice was more pleasant.

My choice of words was obviously wrong. But even so, all the male commentators have pleasant sounding and unique voices. No reason this shouldn't apply to a female commentator.

there is a god. back to church people save your souls.

reminds me of superman.

is it a woman,

is it a man,

no, its kelli underwood.

So you don't believe a female commentator should sound female?

Kellie Underwood wither sounds like a bloke, or is TRYING to sound like a bloke. Either one defeats the purpose of a female commentator.

Most women's voices are fairly pleasurable to hear (barring some exceptions). Surely they could have picked a woman whose voice was more pleasant.

My choice of words was obviously wrong. But even so, all the male commentators have pleasant sounding and unique voices. No reason this shouldn't apply to a female commentator.

Where did I say that a female commentator shouldn't sound female?

Where did I say that a female commentator shouldn't sound female?

You didn't.

But I simply chose my words wrong when I said she should sound hot. I meant appealing. As in, she should have a pleasant voice. Just some miscommunication there.

But as I said, Kellie doesn't barely sounds female, let alone pleasing.

hallelujah.jpg

Thank god.

Still, her commentary will forever be burned into my brain.

"No one will be able to score from this pack, players everywhere!"
"Except Varcoe, GOAL"

God damned idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't.

But I simply chose my words wrong when I said she should sound hot. I meant appealing. As in, she should have a pleasant voice. Just some miscommunication there.

But as I said, Kellie doesn't barely sounds female, let alone pleasing.

It doesn't really bother me how a commentator sounds. What matters to me is that they are either entertaining, knowledgeable or preferably both. If your arguemnt is that she is neither entertaining nor knowledgeable, fine, but whether she sounds 'female enough' is irrelevant.

Thank god.

Still, her commentary will forever be burned into my brain.

"No one will be able to score from this pack, players everywhere!"
"Except Varcoe, GOAL"

God damned idiot.

That was her biggest problem I could not keep up with the times she would make a call like that and then be completely wrong.

And I agree about the man commentary thing, she def. sounded like she was trying to call the same as the blokes, short tense sentences. Does not work for her.

She has a voice like a cheese grater. I've got nothing against female callers but please, a mime would sound better than her.

I thought she was knowledgable about the game, and importantly enthusiastic - however I found her difficult to listen to.

If Ten or another station wants to trial another woman I am all for it, however she would have to be different to Underwood.

Political correctness is a funny thing. Is it because she's a woman? Yes! But not in a derogatory sense - her voice, being female, was different, distracting and I felt took something away from the telecast. Another female may be able to do it in a different way - hence I'm up for another trial.

Many women excell in commentary for different sports, which is why I think a niche could exist in AFL commentary.

A truly great day for football.

I have no probs with females commentating so long as they know their stuff, but her voice was absolutely terrible.

A good if somewhat belated call by 10.

So they got rid of Underwood, when are they going to announce the axing of Quarterbrain, Lame, Walls and Mayer?

I like Quarters, but Walls is absolutely terrible - so full of himself.

I thought she was decent in what she said, but her voice was just not right for it. It's hardly a female thing though - Michael Christian sounds even worse.

she was okay other than her inexperience in broadcasting, inability the keep up with the game, limited vocabulary, nasal voice, abrasive SA accent, lack of familiarity with many teams/players, lack of rapport with other commentators and unappealing face for TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

kelli underwood sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back