kelli underwood sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

10 has shocking commentators but she was the worst of the lot. Over the top with fake excitement, screeching to convery intensity and of course the voice was awful.

I am looking forward to Walls this year, having to call the Pies the premiers will nearly kill him.

The worst by far is Lame, instead of calling the game he wants to change the rules every week to take out any contact. Just a poor excuse for a man, Kelly had bigger aggets that him.

I'm sorry Kelli Underwood, but Kitty Trump says...

yourefired.jpg

A commentator has to have a voice that makes you listen and pay attention. Hers just made me want to find where my damn remote dissapeared to so that I could mute her.

I swear some of the people in don't have existing brain cells.

1. She came from radio, where she learned about calling from the likes of Rex Hunt and Tim Lane (i.e. learning about professionalism and excitement);

2. She earned her chance because of point 1.

3. She gave it her best shot.

4. Will probably end up doing a lot of the news reporting instead.

Kelli Underwood as a play action commentator is... slow to the call, lacks knowledge of interstate teams and players, uses phrases which seem to be a combination of other catchphrases. That's just looking at her job performance.

Chuck in a nasally voice and a lack of in-box chemistry with colleagues (vital for making a broadcast entertaining).

Next.

I swear some of the people in don't have existing brain cells.

1. She came from radio, where she learned about calling from the likes of Rex Hunt and Tim Lane (i.e. learning about professionalism and excitement);

2. She earned her chance because of point 1.

3. She gave it her best shot.

4. Will probably end up doing a lot of the news reporting instead.

she can have all the training she did. but it still doesn't take away from the fact she was terrible and the only reason she was being allowed to call games. was 10s agenda to make themselves look good in front of the womens movement in the afl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing I don't understand is if they must have a female commentator (and I'm not opposed to that), why not hold some interviews and find one who is actually suited to calling football - i.e. good voice, knowledge of the game, the ability to understand the game is more important than self-promotion, etc.

They keep trying these bimbos and then wonder why it hasn't worked. I have a friend who would be perfect for the job, but she'd never get a chance because she doesn't know someone who knows the TV executives.

This isn't just about Kelli Underwood here, the overall standard of commentators, journalists, etc is downright flatulent for that very reason. If ever there was an industry who dishes out jobs to friends, relatives, etc, rather than select the best people for the job, it's the freaking media.

Remove this Banner Ad

kelli underwood sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back